Suits: Season Four Ratings

Suits TV show on USA season four ratingsLast season, the ratings for the Suits TV show dropped quite a bit. Will they continue to fall so that the series is in danger of being cancelled, or is it essentially guaranteed to be renewed for a fifth season (so there will be enough episodes for syndication)? Stay tuned.

Suits revolves around the exploits of superstar attorney Harvey Spector (Gabriel Macht) and his associate and protegĂ© Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams). The show’s cast also includes Rick Hoffman, Gina Torres, Sarah Rafferty, and Meghan Markle.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

8/11 update: USA has renewed Suits for a fifth season for Summer 2015.

Final season averages: 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.26 million total viewers.

Reference point: Season three of Suits averaged a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.73 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Suits TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fifth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

79 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tammy says

I agree with most of the comments. Suits and Covert Affairs are GREAT shows. I understand that they get “canned” because of poor ratings. However, instead of shutting them down, why not try better advertising. Get these people on daytime talk shows, night talk shows. When people start to see them, get to know them, THEY WILL WATCH!! GREAT SHOWS, I hope they stay a long time!

• nemo f says

USA knows that their shows are in trouble. The “old” mike and harvey are featured as lawyers in a time warner cable ad that mentions Suits. and at the end, Harvey calls Donna for help. They are trying to get visibility. may be too little to late

2. Michelle says

I love Suits and want more than just 5 seasons! Really wish there wasn’t a split season. Too long to wait between split! Suits is the best kept secret the network has; the writing, directing and acting is phenomenal! They really should be nominated for awards because they would definitely win!

• Jo Walter says

Having only recently discovered the DVD’s of Suits a month ago, I have now seen Seasons 1 -3 and just cant wait to see 4 + 5. Brilliant show
      Jo From Perth Western Australia

3. lorenzo miller says

Suite is the best show on tv. The writing is great and smart. When there is so much dumb stuff on tv its refreshing. Forget the ratings. Leave something on tv for smart people.

4. Eagm says

Suits is a stylish and thoroughly entertaining series. Each character has evolved as the programme has progressed leading onto addictive television.

5. Susan HB says

LOVE LOVE LOVE Suits. The first half of Season 4 was outstanding. I really thought it was the best show on television ever. However, after only two episodes of a split season 4 I am not thrilled with the writing and story line. Mike quickly changed character and that throws the entire dynamic of the show off – and it is tilting downward in my opinion. I would hate to see it become a TITANIC! Louis remains hilarious.

6. lily says

Suits is the best show ever, plz dont cancel it. Already white collar has been cancelled though it was a very good show. Hope u people dont cancel Suits.

7. afr52 says

Season four is looking good so far! I hope Louis makes partner this season. He is a jerk but a very loyal jerk and deserves it. His character continues to grow in a mostly positive way.

8. Hawkeye says

To me, Suits raises the bar each season. I’m always amazed by the the incredible writing and acting. However, I don’t get these ratings. I love the drama genre USA is known for, Psych, Monk, Burn Notice, Fairly Legal, Common Law, White Collar, and Graceland. It disturbs me the network cancels great shows that excel with each season. First Burn Notice and Psych, then White Collar!! If Suits goes, how long before Covert Affairs is off air?? And the fact USA hates giving freshman shows a chance is ridiculous. I like Graceland and loved Sarah Shahi in Fairly Legal, and Michael Ealy(who can’t catch a break) on Common Law. I wouldn’t be surprised if the network is shutdown as they can’t even run it!!! I pray they atone in giving Suits, Covert Affairs, and Graceland good opportunities besides cancelleing and creating new shows to be cancelled creating a BS cycle.

9. nemo f says

The ratings are dropping pretty fast season over season. this thing is shark bait. If I remember correctly this was supposed to be the flagship after Burn Notice ended. not getting it done. don’t see another season in its future.

Watched all of season one, part of season two, watched season four premiere, and my thought was that I didn’t miss anything. won’t watch in the future.

hope I am wrong for those who do like it.

• Anonymous says

No, You’re right, it’s been getting worse each season and is now utterly charmless.
      Now entirely a soap opera about some overly self involved douches.

• usjoyful says

The series is becoming to predictable..I loved the 1st 2 seasons when there was always
        a TWIST at the end and we all were utterly surprised ! They were mean and rotten and
        that kept my interest with all the twists and turns of the characters..one person was always
        a head of the other and it was sheer surprise ! Someone was beating them a their game !

I hope they stay on the air and the series continues and it changes back to the original reason we all watched it.

10. vp44 says

I love Suits, don’t you dare even think of cancelling it! But then that’s what U.S.A is known for, cancelling GOOD shows and keeping STUPID one’s so what else is new?

11. Jo Walter says

Only recent become absorbed in Suits, so far I have watched series 1 & 2 on DVD
    and saw series 3 on TV and I am enthralled….hope to see series 4 & 5
    excellent show.

12. Robbie says

this show is on our to do list every year. However, one of the things that my wife and I were discussing was the fact that Louis is always trying to make partner, and Rachel seems to be whining a lot lately. The writers are good enough to get around this though, I think. It’s still one of our favorite shows.