Super Fun Night

super fun night TV show on ABCNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 17 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 2, 2013 — February 19, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Rebel Wilson, Liza Lapira, Lauren Ash, Kevin Bishop, and Kate Jenkinson.

current TV show

TV show description:
This comedy series follows junior attorney Kimmie Boubier (Rebel Wilson) and her two best friends and roommates; Helen-Alice (Liza Lapira) and Marika (Lauren Ash). For the past 13 years, they’ve lived a sheltered life.

Instead of going out on the weekends in New York, they’ve had a standing date every Friday night to hang out with each other. So while everyone around them is getting married and moving on, all they have is each other and their “Super Fun Night” tradition.

That all starts to change when Kimmie gets a big promotion at her law firm. She’s moving up at work and also meets British attorney Richard Royce (Kevin Bishop), the handsome son of the firm’s senior partner.

She thinks Richard might be attracted to her, especially after he mentions that he likes girls with a “bit of chunk.” It seems that suddenly Kimmie’s whole life is opening up, but Helen-Alice and Marika are worried she’ll leave them behind.

Kimmie hopes she can convince them that life isn’t just for the pretty and the popular, that it’s time these three friends put themselves out there.

But, things aren’t all rosy for Kimmie either. Kendall (Kate Jenkinson), a tall, blonde and very attractive lawyer, also has a thing for Richard and has no trouble letting Kimmie know.
space

Series Finale

Episode #17 — …Till the Fat Lady Sings
When Kimmie admits to her boyfriend, James (guest star Nate Torrence), that Richard kissed her, he breaks up with her. She’s torn between trying to get James back or telling Richard how she really feels about him. Meanwhile, a visit from Richard’s autocratic dad, Rupert Royce (guest star Charles Shaughnessy), throws the firm into chaos over who will be getting the next big promotion, and Marika struggles to find a way to tell her friends she’s gay.
First aired: February 19, 2014

space
What do you think? Do you like the Super Fun Night TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

TV Watcher February 6, 2014 at 9:57 am

Cancel this show. It stinks.

Terry February 6, 2014 at 8:51 am

Like some of the others’ comments, I couldn’t really get much into this program. I felt everyone was working too hard for the laughs. I really liked Rebel in ‘Bridesmaids’ and was hoping to watch her new series. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen. I love ‘Mike and Molly’ and ‘Drop Dead Diva’. I think it’s wonderful that not ‘averaged sized’ people are finally being recognized as people, as well. We exist. And we aren’t going away. I hope Rebel will have new projects in the future that I can enjoy watching her in.BTW, Dale, I am a BBW and am not a heavy breather…unless someone gives me reason to! WHEW!

Stephanie January 29, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I love this show! Rebel is hilarious as is the rest of the cast. I wait all week for it to come on keep this show!

Elizabeth February 13, 2014 at 12:09 am

Me too! I LOVE this show!

Nora January 21, 2014 at 10:12 pm

DON’T TOUCH THIS SHOW!!!!!

SuperFunny January 8, 2014 at 11:09 pm

I love the show, I love Rebel. She and all of the cast rock!!! Glad to see a comedy that shows a smart, funny woman not making apologies for her size or any of that foolishness. Hope you all will try this show out a little longer, help those of us who want to see it for a while longer, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Besides, let’s face it, what else you got. Most shows are just serious and we could use some comedy to relax us a bit, right!?

Denise January 8, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Show started out great with a positive message for heavy people and what they can achieve, but could not decide on a tone. Did Richard love Kimmie or Kendall and when he got involved with Kendall it seemed fake. Just because she was thin and they had sex??? I am not going to waste my time watching it anymore, because it is so predictable which is too bad because Rebel and her roommates are pretty funny. Good going to the writers who screwed up this promising show by thinking the viewing public would only accept Richard with a character who has not personality and is not that attractive. What is the appeal?

Anonymous December 19, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Love the show.

Rowena December 14, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Love the show. Super funny!

Laurie December 10, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I have loved every episode including the pilot. What are thinking cancelling this. Give it a chance!!!!!!!!!

betty boop December 4, 2013 at 10:42 am

You are all WRONG I freaking love this show I could not go a Wednesday without it its so funny if you don’t like it don’t watch it simple as that!!!!

Anonymous November 30, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Super fun night is an awesome tv show that makes me smile within the first few minutes. I can’t live without this show. She’s even funnier than she was on Pitch Perfect

Dale November 5, 2013 at 10:41 am

I tried to watch it but when u hear the main character trying to breath and her in spanx and still fat coming out it’s just way to hard to watch. I don’t watch mike and Molly for same reason. Heavier people trying to do comedy and at same time sweating and trouble breathing, just not what I want to watch even if it’s for comedy.

Anonymous November 1, 2013 at 1:18 am

its just lame

Rosmarbra October 3, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I won’t watch it because I don’t believe that overweight women need to prostitute their self esteem to be accepted in this sexually deviant American culture we raise our children in today. We teach our girls that it is desirable to sprawl out half naked and emaciated on a chair with angel wings on their backs, all the while we tell the larger girls that the only way we will except them is if they entertain us as if they were some type of a joke. So the fat girls go on to believe the only way they have to be accepted and not ignored for their so called hideousness is to allow themselves to be raped of their self dignity. And yes if anyone is curious about me, I’m 5′ 2″, 184.80 lbs with a BA in Sociology from Linfield College and a high school registered (age 14) IQ of 140.

Jeff October 3, 2013 at 10:56 am

My wife and I literally didn’t get past the opening scene with her in the elevator. As soon as the intro started we looked at each other and said “Change the channel” at the same time! And don’t forget folks… the pilot was so bad that ABC aired the 2nd episode in it’s place!!

Anonymous January 15, 2014 at 3:13 am

Word.

Anonymous September 10, 2014 at 5:51 pm

BRING THR SHOW BACK. Super Fun Night is AWESOME!!!