Supernatural: Season Eight Ratings

Supernatural season 8 ratingsIt looked like Supernatural was headed for cancellation when it was sent packing to Friday nights. It performed well enough in the ratings that The CW decided to move it back to a regular weeknight. Will the series continue to be one of the network’s best performers? Stay tuned.

The eighth season of Supernatural typically airs Wednesday nights on The CW network. It features the talents of Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Supernatural will be cancelled or renewed for season nine.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.13 million total viewers.

Episode 08-23: Wednesday, 05/15/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.31 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-22: Wednesday, 05/08/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.07 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-21: Wednesday, 05/01/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-20: Wednesday, 04/24/13
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.38 million (+25% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-19: Wednesday, 04/03/13
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.90 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.11 million.

Episode 08-18: Wednesday, 03/27/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.23 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-17: Wednesday, 03/20/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.16 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-16: Wednesday, 02/27/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.13 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-15: Wednesday, 02/20/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.10 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-14: Wednesday, 02/13/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.41 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

UPDATE: The show has been renewed for a ninth season by The CW.

Episode 08-13: Wednesday, 02/06/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.29 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.10 million.

Episode 08-12: Wednesday, 01/30/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.12 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-11: Wednesday, 01/23/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.01 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-10: Wednesday, 01/16/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 1.99 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 08-09: Wednesday, 12/05/12
0.9 in the demo (+13% change) with 2.06 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 08-08: Wednesday, 11/28/12
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 2.00 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.10 million.

Episode 08-07: Wednesday, 11/14/12
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.33 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.11 million.

Episode 08-06: Wednesday, 11/07/12
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.32 million (+30% change).
Season averages: 0.88 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-05: Wednesday, 10/31/12
0.8 in the demo (+14% change) with 1.78 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.86 in the demo with 2.03 million.

Episode 08-04: Wednesday, 10/24/12
0.7 in the demo (-30% change) with 1.86 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.88 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 08-03: Wednesday, 10/17/12
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.13 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.93 in the demo with 2.16 million.

Episode 08-02: Wednesday, 10/10/12
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.51 million (+36% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.18 million.

Episode 08-01: Wednesday, 10/03/12
0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.85 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.80 in the demo with 1.85 million.

The eighth season premiere’s demo was on par with last season’s Friday night debut. It was down by 8% in viewership. It’s difficult to judge this opening considering that it was airing opposite the Presidential debate on the four other networks.

What do you think? Do you still like the Supernatural TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a ninth season?

Amazon.com Widgets

evilme December 12, 2012 at 5:23 pm

This season is heads above season 6 and 7. It’s been 2 1/2 seasons since I’ve been able to finally enjoy the show again. I love what Carver has done with the show and especially with Dean after Gamble tried to completely destroy the character, not to mention destroy Cas.

I’m glad Cas is back and I love the addition of Benny. I’m hoping that Carver also has Lizzie, Benny’s great granddaughter come back. She and Dean really sparked.

So, if Carver keeps up the good work, I’m rooting for SPN to hit season 1o. I’ve been watching it since the beginning and while seasons 5, 6 and 7 have been very disappointing, season 8 has, so far, made up for that.

fatima December 12, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I love this show veryyy muchh.i can’t imagine my life without seeing supernatural.i love dean and sam.so pleasssse don’t cancel it …supernatural has fans from all over the world.don’t disappoint us.

sinka December 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I still love Supernatural but this season has me a little confused. What drew me to this series was the brother’s unbreakable bond and now it seems way too diluted and the brothers doesn’t even seem to care about each other anymore. In fact Sam and Dean are both kind of OCC. But well I hope this is a plot with a twist at the end that will pay off and will bring back that something that makes Supernatural so special and different from any other show on air.

Dan December 12, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I have watched SPN since the beginning over 7 years ago and this is the first season I’m not watching anymore. Jeremy Carver has pretty much made Sam’s characterization unrecognizable, there is hardly any scenes between Sam and Dean and the plot makes little sense and has become horribly soap opera like.

It’s sad to see how little Carver cares about these once amazing and iconic brothers.

evilme December 12, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I think Carver is doing a fantastic job bringing Dean back as the great iconic character he was before Gamble tried to destroy him. So, I’m very happy about what Carver is doing with Dean. As for Sam, after 7 years of superSam, I’m ready for something new and better.

obi December 13, 2012 at 6:53 am

I have to disagree about Sam’s characterization. I feel as though Carver is drawing parallels to the Sam we met in season one.

Danielle December 12, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I love this season so much, I find Benny and Cas really interesting and I hope we see more of them.

Rob December 10, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I have been a fan since Supernatural started. And I do love the show but this season has been a little disappointment to me. The story line is weak with no direction… the thing that made this show great is gone (the two brothers) act like strangers. I still watch the show but if it doesn’t pick up, then I can see a cancellation of the ninth season.

Seirra Poirier December 7, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I’ve been watching the show since Season 4 began airing and up until then I had no idea what a good show was and Supernatural blew me away with it’s outstanding plots and multi-talented actors. If they decide to cancel the show I hope it’s because the story is naturally wrapping up and not because of ratings because they outperform many shows and keep consistent ratings. Although I would not fault the actors if there hearts were no longer in there roles anymore but I feel that’s not the issue so as long as viewership is up Supernatural should meet the ranks of 10 seasons as the glorified show Smallville has done. As long as Supernatural is on tv I’ll be watching! Supernatural fans watch it live because you’re the deciding factor in cancellations, watch to keep it around it’s still got much life left in it!

Robin December 4, 2012 at 1:37 am

Supernatural doesn’t star Misha Collins.

Its just Jared and Jensen. If your going to go that track then Mark Sheppard which Sci-fi fans no way more than Collins is also ‘starring’ in Supernatural.

Dan December 12, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Thank you for saying this. They should have added Jim Beaver as well too. He has been on the show even more than Collins.

obi December 13, 2012 at 7:13 am

I love Castiel. He’s my favorite character at the moment, to be honest. That doesn’t mean he’s a series regular or a star of the show. Stay delusional.

Tori December 1, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I absolutely love Supernatural. ive watched it almost religously since i discovered the show on its second season. and think 100% it should be renewed for yet another amazing season! =D

Todd November 29, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I have watched the series since the begging! The writers are obviously some of the best in Hollywood! And the acting is equally as good… and the music?!
What can I say? Some of the best Rock n Roll ever! So in my opinion , that really doesnt matter to much , yes there should be a season 9! but it really depends on the 3 actors?!
Do they want a ninth season? Or are they ready to move on? To me they still seem to enjoy and have fun making the show… As long as that shows then for sure the series should keep going.

Ben December 1, 2012 at 10:13 am

Jensen and Jared have agreed to a season 9 and 10, so as long as it doesn’t get cancelled, then it will continue. Unfortunately I can’t contribute to the ratings, as I’m from the UK, but I love the show and want it to end on a high. Ten seasons seems like a nice number.

Tricia November 29, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Supernatural keeps getting better and better. The CW really needs to up the advertising on this show. Word of mouth only goes so far. Also, maybe they should re-air older episodes during the weekend too. This show really needs to stay!

Brenda November 27, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Supernatural needs to be renewed. This is my favorite show. The story line is interesting and keeps getting better. when I can’t be home to watch I always record it.

agnes t November 23, 2012 at 1:18 pm

This is my favorite TV show. The show is still great to watch after 7 seasons. Love the originality, storyline and acting. It covers all kinds of supernatural beings and phenomena, unlike other shows. It emphasizes on the bond between family members and friendship instead of romance which is refreshing. Great combination of drama, horror and comedy. Please do not cancel it. I hope it has at least 10 seasons.

frances November 16, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I really hope we make it to season 10. I can’t bear the
thought of it being cancelled. I don’t even want to think about
it. :(

jodie regan November 15, 2012 at 10:59 pm

why cancelle supernatural its a great show i have been watching it since its been on the air.