Supernatural: Season Eight Ratings

Supernatural season 8 ratingsIt looked like Supernatural was headed for cancellation when it was sent packing to Friday nights. It performed well enough in the ratings that The CW decided to move it back to a regular weeknight. Will the series continue to be one of the network’s best performers? Stay tuned.

The eighth season of Supernatural typically airs Wednesday nights on The CW network. It features the talents of Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Supernatural will be cancelled or renewed for season nine.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.13 million total viewers.

Episode 08-23: Wednesday, 05/15/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.31 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-22: Wednesday, 05/08/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.07 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-21: Wednesday, 05/01/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-20: Wednesday, 04/24/13
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.38 million (+25% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-19: Wednesday, 04/03/13
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.90 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.11 million.

Episode 08-18: Wednesday, 03/27/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.23 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-17: Wednesday, 03/20/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.16 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-16: Wednesday, 02/27/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.13 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-15: Wednesday, 02/20/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.10 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-14: Wednesday, 02/13/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.41 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

UPDATE: The show has been renewed for a ninth season by The CW.

Episode 08-13: Wednesday, 02/06/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.29 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.10 million.

Episode 08-12: Wednesday, 01/30/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.12 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-11: Wednesday, 01/23/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.01 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-10: Wednesday, 01/16/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 1.99 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 08-09: Wednesday, 12/05/12
0.9 in the demo (+13% change) with 2.06 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 08-08: Wednesday, 11/28/12
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 2.00 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.10 million.

Episode 08-07: Wednesday, 11/14/12
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.33 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.11 million.

Episode 08-06: Wednesday, 11/07/12
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.32 million (+30% change).
Season averages: 0.88 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-05: Wednesday, 10/31/12
0.8 in the demo (+14% change) with 1.78 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.86 in the demo with 2.03 million.

Episode 08-04: Wednesday, 10/24/12
0.7 in the demo (-30% change) with 1.86 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.88 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 08-03: Wednesday, 10/17/12
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.13 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.93 in the demo with 2.16 million.

Episode 08-02: Wednesday, 10/10/12
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.51 million (+36% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.18 million.

Episode 08-01: Wednesday, 10/03/12
0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.85 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.80 in the demo with 1.85 million.

The eighth season premiere’s demo was on par with last season’s Friday night debut. It was down by 8% in viewership. It’s difficult to judge this opening considering that it was airing opposite the Presidential debate on the four other networks.

What do you think? Do you still like the Supernatural TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a ninth season?

Amazon.com Widgets

cassie February 15, 2013 at 12:29 pm

it’s been already renewed for season 9 so don’t bother

Cathy February 13, 2013 at 9:16 pm

More supernatural…more more more more and even more!!

Ashton Vance February 11, 2013 at 1:04 am

Personally, I will be very, very disappointed if we don’t get at least a 9th season. I love this show and I am just as interested and invested in the current episodes as I was when this show first started. It truly is an incredible show. I think all fans will agree when I say that it goes far beyond just entertainment and evokes some of our deepest emotions and we will all feel a tremondous loss when it does come to an end. On that note, this season, as well as the previous season, have been focused on very deep things and have been quite dark and rightfully so. However, I feel as if this “closing the gates of hell forever” and quite possibly the end of the series as a whole, shouldn’t be rushed to be finished in the remaining 10 or so episodes of this season. After this many years, we fans are quite dedicated to this show and we would like closure, absolute closure. And after everything the boys have endured through these years, I think that they and WE (the fans) deserve to have the show end on a happier note than the brothers being resentful and bitter with each other. We long for the days when they put each other over everything else and were hopeful about their future. So I truly hope that we have at least one more season, just one. Although we fans would like nothing more than the show to go on forever, we know that the end will come, and all that we hope for is an ending that justifies everything we have seen sacrificed and the brothers ending things how they started them, hopeful and together as true brothers.

utami February 9, 2013 at 6:48 am

i wanna see more supernatural

raiders5869 February 5, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I watch SPN every Wednesday and I think its doing pretty good against Law@Order SUV @ Crimnal Minds now they have to go it that stupid talent show,I forgot what it was called thats how much I care.I hope the CW doesn’t make the same mistake like they did with the Secret Circle so to all the fans tell your friend Family anybody to watch SPN on Wednesdays.

Anonymous February 5, 2013 at 4:01 pm

im a huge fan and i think it should go on till its 10th season like they all hoped its one of the best shows on tv no doubt about it

Cherise February 4, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Supernatural is back to its former greatness this season. MASSIVE turnaround with Carver leading the show. Gamble mucked it up. The brother dynamic is flowing smoothly. Every moment with Castiel is treasured. I thoroughly enjoy the tablet storyline and Crowley’s appearances. I wait with baited breath for more episodes :D

My favorite show, BY FAR! Supernatural ROCKS!

c stephens February 3, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I have really enjoyed watching “Supernatural”. Everyone plays great roles and acourse myself and fellow co-workers agree that the main characters are quite the handsome type. I like to record the shows so I don’t miss them. I really hope to see more future episodes.

Lori February 3, 2013 at 1:50 am

This is the best show on TV hands down. Ill watch season 20 if it lasts that long. Please please keep SPN on the air. I watch TNT EVERY morning 3 episodes plus I look forward to Wednesday for the new episodes. Jermey Carver is just tapping into the potential, very best of SPN and each week it’s better than the last. As a viewer I think this is the peak of APN and every week me, my son and boyfriend are glued to the TV on edge. I look forward to this show after stressful work days and it is amazing every time. I feel like the Winchesters are family. I just started to watch this show a year and a half ago, TNT is bringing new viewers in every day. All viewers are hardcore fans. I nevere paid attention to writers before this show and now I know so much about each one because they are genius at writing and acting. I’ve never been this into a TV show, it’s more than that to me. It’s a family thing. I love every one attached to it and watch ratings so I can be on top of my boys. I’d be devastated if anyone thought of taking my boys away. I’m planning a family vacation around the Vegas Con. I used to make fun of Trekkies and now I’m totally into this and only wish I’d known about this show sooner. Please pay attention to the fan love for this show. I’m a fan of the writing and the acting I’m not into the gay innuendos I love it because its about family.

Caleb Rogers February 1, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I watched it ever since it started in 2005.
It should keep running more seasons

Enlightend January 31, 2013 at 8:35 am

I wish they started devising ways to track and monetize online viewership.

This show, like Sanctuary and others, has an absolutely massive international following with people watching it online, because they can’t watch it any other way.

US TV stations really need to start getting their head in the game and see themselves as international broadcasters, trough the internet.

I wouldn’t mind in the slightest to pay a few $$ an episode to watch it online or to have an ad or 2 play during watching the show.

Gone are the days of selling of shows to stations in other nations, where people get to watch last season or sometimes even longer behind.

The technology is there to watch these shows as current, all over the world.
The money to finance and profit from these shows is also there, online and global.

Tracy January 29, 2013 at 10:25 am

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL..I have watched Jensen and Jared since the very first Supernatural aired..this show was two very talent men and every time they are on I have to watch it I even watch the reruns on TNT.

Jennifer Correa January 28, 2013 at 1:59 am

I’ ve been watching from the very beginning and it’s my favorite show on tv. Please don’t take this off of

Matt January 25, 2013 at 10:56 am

I miss the mid-season episodes where they break from the underlying story of the season where thy go off an take care of a vengeful spirit or something. Supernatural hasn’t been “scary” at all this season.

danny nelson story writer January 25, 2013 at 10:54 am

Hey this show gives me hope to be a great writer like rob kripe &plus its the best show on the cw,& they no it,,,,if the network excects watched any of there shows other then smallville,,witch took ten years to become superman ,,crapie,,ect,,,way more action on super natural ,then nakita witch aint bad,dont cancel i watch all three episodes on tnt everymorning,you got sum real fanz