Supernatural: Season Eight Ratings

Supernatural season 8 ratingsIt looked like Supernatural was headed for cancellation when it was sent packing to Friday nights. It performed well enough in the ratings that The CW decided to move it back to a regular weeknight. Will the series continue to be one of the network’s best performers? Stay tuned.

The eighth season of Supernatural typically airs Wednesday nights on The CW network. It features the talents of Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Supernatural will be cancelled or renewed for season nine.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.13 million total viewers.

Episode 08-23: Wednesday, 05/15/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.31 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-22: Wednesday, 05/08/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.07 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-21: Wednesday, 05/01/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-20: Wednesday, 04/24/13
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.38 million (+25% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-19: Wednesday, 04/03/13
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.90 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.11 million.

Episode 08-18: Wednesday, 03/27/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.23 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 2.13 million.

Episode 08-17: Wednesday, 03/20/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.16 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-16: Wednesday, 02/27/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.13 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-15: Wednesday, 02/20/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.10 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

Episode 08-14: Wednesday, 02/13/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.41 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.91 in the demo with 2.12 million.

UPDATE: The show has been renewed for a ninth season by The CW.

Episode 08-13: Wednesday, 02/06/13
1.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 2.29 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.10 million.

Episode 08-12: Wednesday, 01/30/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.12 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-11: Wednesday, 01/23/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 2.01 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-10: Wednesday, 01/16/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 1.99 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.08 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 08-09: Wednesday, 12/05/12
0.9 in the demo (+13% change) with 2.06 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 08-08: Wednesday, 11/28/12
0.8 in the demo (-20% change) with 2.00 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 0.89 in the demo with 2.10 million.

Episode 08-07: Wednesday, 11/14/12
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.33 million (0% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.11 million.

Episode 08-06: Wednesday, 11/07/12
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.32 million (+30% change).
Season averages: 0.88 in the demo with 2.08 million.

Episode 08-05: Wednesday, 10/31/12
0.8 in the demo (+14% change) with 1.78 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.86 in the demo with 2.03 million.

Episode 08-04: Wednesday, 10/24/12
0.7 in the demo (-30% change) with 1.86 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 0.88 in the demo with 2.09 million.

Episode 08-03: Wednesday, 10/17/12
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.13 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.93 in the demo with 2.16 million.

Episode 08-02: Wednesday, 10/10/12
1.0 in the demo (+25% change) with 2.51 million (+36% change).
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 2.18 million.

Episode 08-01: Wednesday, 10/03/12
0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.85 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.80 in the demo with 1.85 million.

The eighth season premiere’s demo was on par with last season’s Friday night debut. It was down by 8% in viewership. It’s difficult to judge this opening considering that it was airing opposite the Presidential debate on the four other networks.

What do you think? Do you still like the Supernatural TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a ninth season?

Amazon.com Widgets

101 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

There is NO other show that is as good as supernatural! Screw the ratings. Supernatural IS, WAS and will ALWAYS be the best show ever!

2. teacey ortiz says

I just started watching this show o month ago and I got so into I wanted to see how the winchesters became hunters so I went out and bought all 8 seasons of the show and hope to be done with them by oct when season 9 starts and I just wanted to add my 9 8 5 and my 3 yearold all love this show and I am so looking forward for many more seasons to come

3. says

I am a big fan o f supernatural I recently started watching it cuz my cousin told me about it and right now im on season 2 episode 8. and it is about to get real and I hope by the the time summer is over I will be able to get through season 8 and hopefully they will make more seasons. make me happy pls I love this show don’t cancel it.

4. Nathan Alan says

I have enjoyed every minute of this show, for all 8 Seasons. Season 8 really felt to me like the writers were reaching the near-end of just plain good story-lines and plot twists to keep me interested. Please, if they can’t come up with the same caliber of entertainment this show has known for the past 8 Seasons, then the CW should just let it die with dignity before it outlives it’s spectacular peak of the Leviathens hard to kill, and the angels turning rogue corrupt killer. (Wow, has this show survived the demise of both the WB and the UPN?) This show has a lot to live up to, I’m just saying I hope it doesn’t settle for mediocrity because it got picked up for another season, this season 8 really rode the fence for me compared to Season 7, where it comes to the high expectations I have come to expect from Supernatural.

5. says

PLEEAASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW. It was such a horrendous cliffhanger and if I don’t know what happens, I’m going to pull my hair out! It is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen and I look forward to it every week! PLEASE DON’T CANCEL SUPERNATURAL, PLEEEAAASE.

6. Heidi says

Please do not cancel!!!! My 15 yr old fom and I watch this religiously. It is our bonding time! Please keep this series… So many great shows are never goven the chance they need like: the river and the missing…

7. supernatural lovah says

It should be renewed because supernatural has become my life and Jensen Jared and misha are hot . And after a hard day after school on Wednesday supernatural makes my day !

8. Krystal says

Please, please, please don’t EVER cancel this show! I look forward every week to see the continuation of the story of Sam & Dean Winchester. Love it!

9. Jennifer B says

My husband and I have watched from the beginning and still look forward to each new episode. Keep it going.

10. says

I agree with what Ashton Vance said, I couldn’t have said it better. Either come up with some more story lines like you have here in season 8 or find some way even if the Brothers close the gates that Cass or someone above him re-opens them, that whole thing in order to have good you have to have evil in the mix. I know that eventually the show will have to end BUT I think they have a good 10 YEARS! Left in them, But that is just one Super Fans opinion. I would like to see more time travel, if you can’t get Jeffrey Dean Morgan to come back, the fellow that played the young John-the boys on their way back to see John’s father makes pit stop and picks up their “dad”… Anyway Please don’t kill the show after 9 and not at 13-

Thank-You for giving the fans a place to give their opinions.
    Will Always be a fan!!!!