Supernatural

SupernaturalNetwork: The WB, The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 13, 2005 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Jim Beaver, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Misha Collins, Genevieve Cortese, Katie Cassidy, and Lauren Cohen.

TV show description:
Brothers Dean and Sam Winchester (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki) lost their mother at a young age at the hands of an evil supernatural demon. As a result, the boys’ father, John (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), devoted his life to destroying demons, avenging his wife’s death and training his sons to do the same.

While John and Dean continue to focus on all things paranormal, Sam eventually goes to college to study law and to have a normal life with his girlfriend, Jessica Moore (Adrianne Palicki).

When Dean tracks down Sam to tell him that their father has disappeared and that he needs his help to find him, Sam is hesitant to begin such a mission. But, when his girlfriend dies in the same manner as his mother, Sam joins his brother and together, they travel around the country searching for their father and saving the innocent from powerful supernatural forces.

But the evil spirits they encounter aren’t going down without a fight and Dean and Sam must rely on everything that their father has taught them. When the brothers do finally find their father, he’s just encountered the demon who took the life of their mother.

The three of them battle the demon and he escapes, but not before letting Sam know he has ideas for him and “all the children like him.” Vengeance for their mother’s death has only just begun and the Winchesters take their 1967 Chevy Impala on the road yet again to try to find the demon and uncover the mystery of Sam’s destiny.

Canceled and renewed TV show

46 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Loyal Fan says

I can’t wait for season six!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this show. I don’t think it would be right if the show ended with Sam or Dean dead. Please don’t let them go out like that. As much of a fan that I am of this series I wouldn’t watch if the story line was headed that way. Watching Sam fall into the pit broke my heart. I was sad for days. Seriously, why would Kripke think that was a good ending? If he was looking for an ending to the story fine but why did Sam have to go to hell? Couldn’t he of thought of a better happier ending???????????

2. jessie says

Supernatural is the best show ever to be made It has humor, love, hate, good and evil I love it b/c it shows that there is other realmes unexplained things I would rather see it end with a bang the way its going now then to see it go on without jensen and jared they make the show and if gone it wouldnt be the same its a wonderful story and it would be pretty messed up to continue with the other characters instead of them AWESOME JOB!! you will be missed but rememeberd for the best performance on tv thankx!!

3. chuck says

There no other show like it & it cant be beat. this is one of my favor & really hate the idea it wont be on the air. there taking two many good show off.

4. Serena says

Please please please don’t cancel Supernatural I love this show. I never miss it I mean ever!!! It is so well written and Jensen and Jared are great as Dean and Sam. It’s great how serious and yet full of humor they are. They have such crappy times and yet make jokes about it all. I love it!!! Please don’t end it just yet I’ve been watching since it started and can’t handle it ending like this. Please not yet!!!

5. Tony Capobianco says

Supernatural is simply the best! The show successfully combines the macabre along with witty humor and the end result of this combination is a sensationally, suspenseful, supernatural show. The character developments, seamless story lines, and engaging mythology are all evidence of the superior writing of the Supernatural creator and crew. Please keep this show running!!!

6. Shaeghlyn says

Supernatural is my favorite show and the moment I heard that it was getting canceled after 5 seasons I couldn’t belive it. The show is great! Great storyline, episode plots, characters & their changes, actors…. Not to mention all the different variations of lore. They could go on for much longer just based off of the fact that there is so much out there. If it ends I will be terribly sad.

7. TINA COBB says

PLEASE DONT EVER CANCEL THIS SHOW. I CAN THINK OF SO MANY OTHER SHOWS THAT ARE AWFUL. SUPERNATURALCOULD GO ON FOR YRS I WOULD NEVER GET BOARD. THIS IS THE ONLY SHOW I CAN NOT MISS. I USED TO BE A TV JUNKIE NOT NOW JUST THIS ONE SHOW. I WISH THEY WOULD MAKE MORE SHOWS LIKE THIS.

8. sam says

the planned ending to supernatural is probably the biggest double edged sword in history, the show is exceptional but the planned ending means it will end seemingly to early gonna miss it though

9. Sarah Spittal says

Ok this SUCKS!!!!! Reaper… Supernatural… GONE… ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY!!!!!! These 2 shows are amazing. I have all seasons for both shows and we regularly watch them again and again. We often watch the re runs when the are on the dish… We are addicted so BRING THEM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why cancel shows that have good plots and actors and keep the shows on that are “Reality” the same thing over and over!

10. says

i love this show i watch it with out fail there are very few shows thats i sit and watch. and if you take this off air then all there will be is rubbish again. why is it you people put on programs that grab viewers from all around the world and you take them away after a few series and why to show crap like chat shows which by the way you have enough of and realate shows that are truthfully very boaring, travel shows how many do you want, come on you only go away for two weeks of the year. cooking programs and selling programs like qvc i’m sick of seeing, there on everyother station so if you really want to get ride of crap programs maybe its about time you start geting rid of them.

11. Chaz says

I’m hooked since season one premire!!! absolutly LOVE it. In fackt I used to watch Close to Home with my mom But by the 2nd episode I got her to watch it and when she decided she preferd wathing Close to home we now watch 2 diferent stations on Thurday nights…

12. John says

This is one of the best-written shows on TV in my opinion. The stories are cohesive in maintaining the overall story arc and all of the characters are 3-dimensional with flaws and redeeming qualities that are constantly in play throughout the series. I like that there is a planned ending to the story, but I will very much miss this show!!!

13. says

please don’t take supernatural off the air i am beggin you please save supernatural please my all time favorite show is supernatural please please please don’t call it quit please save supernatural i am beggin you don’t do it

14. michele says

My favorite show of all times….this and Castle anyway…lol. I an going to miss this when it ends in season 5. It can’t go…it just can’t!!!