Supernatural

SupernaturalNetwork: The WB, The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 13, 2005 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Jim Beaver, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Misha Collins, Genevieve Cortese, Katie Cassidy, and Lauren Cohen.

TV show description:
Brothers Dean and Sam Winchester (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki) lost their mother at a young age at the hands of an evil supernatural demon. As a result, the boys’ father, John (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), devoted his life to destroying demons, avenging his wife’s death and training his sons to do the same.

While John and Dean continue to focus on all things paranormal, Sam eventually goes to college to study law and to have a normal life with his girlfriend, Jessica Moore (Adrianne Palicki).

When Dean tracks down Sam to tell him that their father has disappeared and that he needs his help to find him, Sam is hesitant to begin such a mission. But, when his girlfriend dies in the same manner as his mother, Sam joins his brother and together, they travel around the country searching for their father and saving the innocent from powerful supernatural forces.

But the evil spirits they encounter aren’t going down without a fight and Dean and Sam must rely on everything that their father has taught them. When the brothers do finally find their father, he’s just encountered the demon who took the life of their mother.

The three of them battle the demon and he escapes, but not before letting Sam know he has ideas for him and “all the children like him.” Vengeance for their mother’s death has only just begun and the Winchesters take their 1967 Chevy Impala on the road yet again to try to find the demon and uncover the mystery of Sam’s destiny.

Canceled and renewed TV show

48 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Little Bright Feather says

This is one series they NEED to end. After you see the first two seasons, the following seasons are just repeats of the first two seasons and I swear they even use the same scripts ! They just put in new guests but they recycle the same story over and over. I’ve not bothered to watch the last few seasons, I stopped after seeing season 3 was just a repeat of all they had on before, but I could pop in on one of the episodes and tell you exactly what will happen next ! They repeat the same thing over and over. BORING ! And TNT has it on for 3 long hours every morning ! They end to end this one !
    I switch channels when this comes on.

• Linda Hayes says

To Little Bright Feather….

That’s a lot of complaining over something you do not like…If you are so displeased with the show…Hmmm? Change channels and move onto something you do like..SN has been renewed for a 10th season, so it would seem you are in the minority…A lot of people must love and enjoy the “Boring” show….It is still on …. For which I am very glad and so are a gazillion others….

2. Isaac says

I have watched this tv show from the beginning and it is an amazing tv series. I thought that after season 6 it would end but it has been going strong still. I hope it stays on for several more seasons.

3. Anonymous says

I miss castile the should bring back from potugory ,the leviathons are freaken alien,the use of science to replite themselves, they go co-operate , they are strategist. This is why this season is going to be the tuffest for winchester brothers ,this why i wish castil could return.

• Linda Hayes says

One of the most entertaining shows,on television…Why? Great actors, super fun story lines, including “rip your heart out” scenarios… The death of Bobby…
      I remember when they were going to stop at 6 seasons…Here we are in the middle of 9 and going strong…

4. BKD says

SUPERNATURAL IS BEST SHOW EVER!!! I’M A SERIAL FAN AND CONFESS TO HAVE MADE FANS OUT OF OTHERS AS WELL BY WATCHING THE 1ST 5 SEASONS NUMEROUS TIMES!!! I love the characters, the storyline (although for a while during seasons 6 and 7 things were not so great, but I stayed faithful), looove the SFX, the jokes, the music, pretty much everything about this show rocks! They even have little tributtes to The X-Files, not to mentino several actors from it as well (AD Skinner/Winchester’s Grandpa, pyromaniac from S01/Crowley, informant#2/Rufus) but I have to admitt I really miss some of the disseased, Bobby, Rufus, Jo, Ellen, Ash… and I really wish it could go on forever, but I know it can’t… It would be great if before the show ends the Winchesters could bring back some of their friends and family, otherwise it’s an understatement to say they lost too much along the way…
    On the bright side, I’ve heard when the show ends there’ll be a spinnoff…

5. Anonymous says

I had watched it before and I didn’t know that there was a evil demon and spirits.
    Its kind of scary.

6. ziplock says

I love this show and I am really glad to hear that there is another season coming. I must say, though, that I am not a fan of the Leviathans because they seem to be more like alien monsters and are probably better suited to some sci-fi series.
    I agree with Thelma’s post. If the next season is the last, it would be great for Sam and Dean to have normal lives. I’d like to see Cas restored to his angelic self from season 4 -“uptight” as he was, he was a better angel. Maybe that could be done as a condition of his escape or extraction from Purgatory. There should probably be a few stories with the boys helping him back on the road to angelhood, whether they agree with it or not as the conflict in principles and beliefs is pretty ubiquitous anyway. As for Cas’s attachment to Meg, well, all the demons seem to be against Meg anyway and she was loyal to Lucifer, who’s stuck in his cage so maybe she decides to convert or she is made to choose her camp once and for all. All this camping with the devil and double crossing is a bit too predictable and dragging. And yes, bring Bobby back as a grumpy angel but maybe save that for the second half of the next season.

7. Thelma says

I’ve been a faithful fan of Supernatural since day one … was in the Taj Mahal casino in Atlantic City playing the slots (winning I might add) and left to return to my room just to watch. I truly hope they’ll add one more season and end with Sam and Dean finally having shots at happy/normal lives. Glad they brought Cass back last and hope to see a fully recovered him in the future. Bobby was also one of my favorite characters that I’d like to see returned … Hint: it’d would be a hoot for the old grouch to return as an angle.

In closing I was a faithful fan of both the Buffy and Angle series and felt that the writers/producers did the fans right by giving both shows full closure … hope to get the same for Supernateral.

8. kevin says

They need to bring back Misha Collins !. This is still my favorite show on tv but I think it’s starting to drag a bit. Since the 5th seasons end it’s gone down hill. The 5th seasons finale should have been the end. There are too many filler episodes now. But I still watch every single one I can.

9. says

Best show on TV. Only one left to watch!!!! Since Smallville is now cancelled, that leaves only Supernatural. I love how the plots of supernatural always stay fresh. Last weeks episode was just awesome. I can’t wait to watch the repeat. I love the character Castiel. He is perfect for the angel role. Interpretting the Bible is frustrating, but it’s great when the show explains it in laymans terms, so to speak, such as with the four horseman. Maybe they can have Jesus show up on a white horse (mustang car). They can do whatever they want with the plot, and that makes it fun. Great job guys.

10. JAYMUS777 says

when does this story finnally end does it ever end i have seen all the way up too where sam kills lilith and apocalpse begins and lucifer is released cause the 66 or 65 seal is broken something like that so what happens next i can not find any answers please email me at jaymus777@yahoo.com and tell me what happens next please please please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!