Surviving Jack: Season One Ratings

Surviving Jack TV show ratingsFOX hasn’t had much ratings success with new sitcoms this season. How will Surviving Jack fare? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Stay tuned.

Surviving Jack revolves around Dunlevy family. A no-nonsense father (Christopher Meloni) starts tough-love parenting his teenage kids (Connor Buckley and Claudia Lee) while his wife returns to college (Rachael Harris). Others in the cast include Kevin Hernandez and Tyler Foden.

The higher a show’s ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better its chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

5/7 update: This series has been cancelled after one season of eight episodes.

5/9 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Surviving Jack TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

161 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kala says

I loved Surviving Jack, it was so funny. I would hate for it to be cancelled I hope it will continue.

2. Patty says

Come on… Finally there it was a sitcom that I waited for the next episode AND the repriss as well so while u continue showing ‘Glee’ u also cancel this one??!? How come?! It is so obvious there it was some manipulation from the people in change on the fox board or whatever… You people have pass 2 seasons of crapy shows and when u have someting original, innovative and different, decide to cancel it? Hope u are proud of ur “great” work. Stupid, stupid choice. You had a whole generation and let it go away

3. Angie says

One of the only shows I have seen in a long time that made me laugh. Clean and funny, hard to find in this world. I really liked Surviving Jack, sucks that you took it off, Fox. Now I have nothing to look forward to watching once again. More depressing crap that I don’t even bother turning my t.v. on for.

4. slk says

you cancel this show, and i go back to watching the networks only for sports!!! outside of big bang, there’s only half hour drama’s( modern family, and that mother show)!!! it takes something funny to make me laugh!!! sell it to cable channel, and i can avoid all the networks!!!

5. Shaun Reda says

Im so sick of this Fox all you do is cancel good shows. Then put on crap like Brooklyn 99 which is not only a terrible show but should thoroughly offend anyone who lives in Brooklyn for using its name in the title. Surviving Jack is funny and completely original. I loved how it was set in the 90s it added something fresh to the show. That was the best part to have a show set in the time I grew up brought back alot of memeories. The characters where also very relatable and funny.
    You did not advertise for this show at all how can you expect it to succeed. You have to give it more than a few episodes and advertise and I guarantee it could be a huge success. I have shown it to all my friends they love it. You haven’t even given it a chance. If you keep putting on good shows a canceling them me and many others wont even bother watching your new network shows because they are usually canceled. Please reconsider I know your making a big mistake.

6. Laurel says

I agree with what people are saying about this show not having enough time to build an audience. For one thing, there wasn’t much advertising for this show whereas Brooklyn 99 seemed to be advertised for more heavily. Most people I’ve spoken to haven’t heard of Surviving Jack and therefore, I feel that they didn’t get the chance to love the show!
    Surviving Jack has to be one of the top comedies this season and in terms of audience approval and having considerably higher ratings on IMDB and other sources than Brooklyn 99 which is supposed to be the best comedy of the year.

7. Laurel says

I never write comments online and tend to not care if a show is cancelled or renewed. However, I felt compelled to create a comment on here because I am frankly shocked and bummed out that my new favorite show seems to be getting cancelled before it even had a chance!
    Surviving Jack is one of the best comedies and shows I’ve seen in a long time. I have not enjoyed watching a tv show as much in years even more than the excellent show Last Man Standing!
    Please renew Surviving Jack for a second season.

• Theresa says

What can we do to bring this back!!! First time in years I actually counted down the days till the next episode

8. Cindy says

Please keep this show on! So sick of nothing to watch – you already too away Almost Human. Many shows are either outright stupid or “reality” – ugh, I’d rather chew my foot off than watch that crap.

9. says

One of the best new shows of the season. Good scripts, good acting, truly funny. If anyone at Fox had brains enough to let it gain an audience, it would have been Emmy bound. But Fox tends to like the sexual innuendo, booze-filled, bathroom joke type comedy. It was so refreshing to watch a show that was just plain funny, without depending on stupid or unattractive characters being the humor.

10. Tracy says

I am asking Fox to reconsider and NOT cancel Surviving Jack. My 14 year old twin boys introduced me to this show…..a rarity indeed. They LOVE it, I LOVE It (especially the 90s soundtrack!) and it is a smart. cleverly written show. I never even heard of it; the boys showed it to me On Demand. It is a quality show; Fox needs to give it some time to gain an audience. “Seinfeld” got terrible ratings when it debuted; thank goodness NBC believed in it.

PLEASE keep the show on; there’s such junk on TV. This is a very clever show.

• Sheryl says

I agree with Jason and anyone else who is supporting Surviving Jack. An absolute A1 show, at the top of my list. The timing, the wit, the humor is just WAY up there. A huge hit for the whole family. I will be so devastated to see it go considering the caliber of shows coming out lately. Brooklyn 99 did nothing for me. I actually looked forward to each episode of Jack. It will be a shame to see it go. There goes my Fox Thursdays.

11. Sheryl says

PLEASE don’t cancel Surviving Jack!!! FINALLY a show that actually made me laugh out loud!! My whole family loved watching it. I rarely watch new shows because they never live up to my expectations – this one surpassed them!! PLEASE reconsider

12. Jason says

Surviving Jack was one of the few TV shows that I can watch and think “this will be the next big show.” The timing was amazing and every line had me laughing. If Fox had actually advertised it then it would have been a giant hit. Even with no advertising, it had an 8.5 on IMDB and a 97% audience review on rotten tomatoes. Brooklyn 99 which is supposed to be the best comedy of the year only has an 8.2 and a 92% audience approval. You can’t just look at the number of people watching, because that can change when people find out about it. Whether or not people like the show is the true test of its character.

Fox may have been able to take Firefly, but I will not allow them to take Surviving Jack… Also they can’t take the sky from me.