Swingtown

SwingtownNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 5, 2008 — September 5, 2008
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Molly Parker, Jack Davenport, Grant Show, Lana Parrilla, Josh Hopkins, Miriam Shor, Shanna Collins, Aaron Christian Howles, Brittany Robertson, Michael Rady, Nick Benson, Kate Norby, Rachelle Lefevre, Rick Peters, Kyle Searles, Erin Daniels, Bob Ross, Caitlin Custer, David Monahan, Latarsha Rose, and Mark Valley.

swingtown past TV show

TV show description:
It’s summer in 1976. Changes are happening in the U.S. of A. as it celebrates its Bicentennial.

Making a change in their own lives are stockbroker Bruce Miller (Jack Davenport) and his wife, Susan (Molly Parker), who move to a much more posh neighborhood in Chicago. New neighbors Tom and Trina Decker (Grant Show and Lana Parrilla) aren’t quite like anyone the Millers knew in their old neighborhood. The Decker’s open marriage and lifestyle raise the eyebrows of the Millers and their old friends, Roger and Janet Thompson (Josh Hopkins and Miriam Short).

Janet’s dislike of the Millers’ new swingin’ companions is palpable while Roger only hides his curiosity in order to please his wife. The tension between the former neighbors also causes a rift between the friendship of their sons, Bruce “B.J.” Miller (Aaron Howles) and Rick Thompson (Nick Benson).

While the couples experience the changing values of the decade, and the shifting dynamics of their relationships, the Millers’ teenage daughter, Laurie (Shanna Collins), is also testing the waters with her philosophy teacher, Doug Stephens (Michael Rady).

As the characters’ lives become more and more intertwined, they also become more complicated. Can their relationships with their spouses and friends swing forward or will they just spin out of control?

TS August 5, 2009 at 2:12 pm

I loved that show! Bummer it is not coming back. While I agree children shouldn’t watch it, I just thought maybe they should have move it to an hour later slot when children should be in bed anyway and I could DVR it.

Sexy! :)
Will be missed. I also would like to know the rest of the storyline.

Alicia August 4, 2009 at 8:02 pm

I am very happy the show is gone, we need to promote family values and having parents swinging with neighbors is not a good example for our kids.

Kinstle family August 2, 2009 at 9:23 pm

My family loved Swingtown,never missed an episode,bought the dvd of the first season,They left the whole story up in the air,at least make a made for video movie to answer storylines questions

Karen Barnett July 16, 2009 at 12:25 am

I grew up in the 70’s and I was really enjoying this show and my daughter In Law who is in her early 20’s was really liking it and it was neat to talk to her about the 70’s. I really wish you could find another network to pick it up you left us hanging and we aleast deserve answers to the questions. Maybe DirectTV 101?? They are pretty cool

Kim June 17, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Swingtown was a fun show to watch~ cant believe we have to watch all these re-runs and nothing good is on. Tired of nothing new to watch!

ora gross June 17, 2009 at 6:30 pm

I cannot believe a great show finally came around for adults and now its gone.I am so tired of teeny booping stuff that I don’t even watch local channels. We need shows like this. Please bring the best show ever back. It had drama,it was funny, and it was phenominal!!!!!!!!

Melody M June 16, 2009 at 7:36 pm

I really love it. There are people out there are or were swingers. I know cause mine parents were and I know of few of them . So I know the feeling of this show . You all got Logo channel or HBO anything to put it back on . You took Dexter and put it on CBS gross

Christine Anderson June 16, 2009 at 10:04 am

I’m soo sad it was cancelled. I LOVED that show. I was looking forward to seeing what was going to happen in the second season. It was a show that was exciting, and interestin. You never new what was going to happen next on the show. PLEASE PLEASE bring it back. It is not like all the other shows on T.V.. You have the same stuff for show all the time.

Theresa June 11, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I can’t believe you cancelled this show! I was so looking foward to seeing the second season! This is ridiculious! I agree with everyone one else all there is to watch anymore are reality shows, cop shows, and hospital shows. TV is soooooo boring these days and this was a new and exciting show so unlike the others! I am sure you won’t listen CBS but I have to say it anyway BRING BACK SWINGTOWN! This really sucks!

Deb June 9, 2009 at 11:12 am

Its really to bad this show was great. All our friends always got together for this series. I was fun and energetic! It was nice to see some fantasy/reality brought back to television instead of just the same reality crap every network out there seems to dish out!

Cindy June 7, 2009 at 4:40 pm

How disapointing!. We had a very large crowd that met every week just to watch this show. I agree with the others, there are pleanty of channel to watch. If you don’t like the show watch something else. What about all the people that really enjoyed it? I really think you should reconsider. PLEASE!

Rob June 5, 2009 at 8:16 pm

so disapointing that this show was cancelled… CBS is likely NOT going to listen to the viewers that want this back… So i say CANCEL CBS the ONLY way to make them listen is to KEEP POSTING and STOP watching their station!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOO CBS — Terrible decission ! NO MORE CBS for me!

Sarah May 28, 2009 at 12:07 am

This is crazy! I have been waiting for the summer months for season 2 of Swingtown to show – to find out it has been cancelled? Swingtown showed the ups and downs to an “open” marriage- and with this being shown all over the talk shows it’s nice to get a taste of what could happen when you open that door. The Cast is on this show is so talented, I really felt all the emotions coming from them. I am just sick thinking of all the crap that is now on TV- and they are getting rid of Swingtown? Whoever was in charge of dropping this show should be fired. Maybe HBO or Showtime will pick them up and keep Swingtown alive!

casey May 26, 2009 at 12:51 pm

please bring this show back !! this was actually an interesting show…it showed how pple lived and with out judgement and it showed “real” families. such a refreshing breather!! i don’t know who rates these things but someone has got this show all wrong! we need this show back

Lisa S. May 24, 2009 at 8:44 pm

I am so disappointed that this show is not coming back. I was reliving my teenage years watching it. It really showed what the atmosphere was like and now, as an adult, I was able to understand it from another point of view. Full circle healing.