Taxi Brooklyn: Cancel or Renew for Season Two?

Taxi Brooklyn TV show on NBC: canceled or season 2?NBC‘s new Wednesday night series Taxi Brooklyn has an unusual premise — but sometimes that’s what it takes to become a hit show these days. How’s the series been doing in the ratings? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Taxi Brooklyn follows Cat Sullivan (Chyler Leigh), a tough NYPD Detective who doesn’t let a demotion to foot patrol stop her from trying to find her father’s killer. She finds an unlikely ally in Leo Romba (Jacky Ido), a taxi driver from Marseille. The rest of the cast includes James Colby, Jose Zuniga, Jennifer Esposito, Bill Heck, Ally Walker, and Raul Casso.

Should Taxi Brooklyn be renewed for season two?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

This police series got off to a lackluster start at the end of June with the first episode drawing just a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.34 million viewers. The ratings have gone up and down over the course of the season but have trended downward. Last week’s episode hit a new low with a 0.7 demo rating and just 4.42 million viewers.

Ordinarily, numbers like these would mean that a show would be cancelled outright. However, NBC licenses this show from EuropaCorp Television so their costs are lower. While it seems likely that NBC will cancel Taxi Brooklyn, EuropaCorp could potentially produce a second season and find another US outlet to air it.

But, what do you think? Do you like the Taxi Brooklyn TV show? Should it be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Would you watch it on another channel?

Connie Higee September 17, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I LOVE this show!!!please keep it on!

Anonymous September 17, 2014 at 8:33 pm

KEEP IT ON!!! Should definitely be renewed for a second season! I want to see how she handles the Capellas!! PLEASE DONT CANCEL IT!!

Rick Baird September 17, 2014 at 6:59 pm

One of my favorite shows. I make sure to record. I like the whole storyline. I would follow it to another network.

jILL September 17, 2014 at 7:55 pm

LOVE THIS SHOW! PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL! IT HAS EVERYTHING GREAT TO KEEP YOU INTERESTED! LOOK FORWARD TO IT EVERY WEEK!!!
KEEP IT ON!!

Janet September 17, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Of course! Keep this shown on! If NBC doesn’t continue it some other channel will build a huge following if they are smart enough go run with it. People who stay up to watch tv 10:00 p.m. on really have to like a show to stay with it. I LIKE this show and want to continue watching it unfold. Frankly, my family just doesn’t see much to watch these days and when a good show comes along like this one – well, we will watch whatever channel carries it. I think they’ll also need to rerun the whole first season for new viewers during early evening or perhaps weekend tv so people can become aware of it. Unfortunately, the late night spot might not catch those who have to go to work the next morning. Maybe early Sunday evenings would be a good time to allow that demographic better time to view.

Doug Griffith September 17, 2014 at 4:36 pm

By all means bring this series back. With great writing it as potential.

anne September 17, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Great show. Different from all the other cop shows.

Dottie Mann September 17, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Oh come on, I love this show… it’s a little crazy realistically, but I think it works.. KEEP THIS ON.