Taxi Brooklyn: Cancel or Renew for Season Two?

Taxi Brooklyn TV show on NBC: canceled or season 2?NBC‘s new Wednesday night series Taxi Brooklyn has an unusual premise — but sometimes that’s what it takes to become a hit show these days. How’s the series been doing in the ratings? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Taxi Brooklyn follows Cat Sullivan (Chyler Leigh), a tough NYPD Detective who doesn’t let a demotion to foot patrol stop her from trying to find her father’s killer. She finds an unlikely ally in Leo Romba (Jacky Ido), a taxi driver from Marseille. The rest of the cast includes James Colby, Jose Zuniga, Jennifer Esposito, Bill Heck, Ally Walker, and Raul Casso.

Should Taxi Brooklyn be renewed for season two?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

This police series got off to a lackluster start at the end of June with the first episode drawing just a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.34 million viewers. The ratings have gone up and down over the course of the season but have trended downward. Last week’s episode hit a new low with a 0.7 demo rating and just 4.42 million viewers.

Ordinarily, numbers like these would mean that a show would be cancelled outright. However, NBC licenses this show from EuropaCorp Television so their costs are lower. While it seems likely that NBC will cancel Taxi Brooklyn, EuropaCorp could potentially produce a second season and find another US outlet to air it.

But, what do you think? Do you like the Taxi Brooklyn TV show? Should it be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Would you watch it on another channel?

Canceled and renewed TV show

Jean Cameron May 7, 2015 at 8:53 pm

I have been waiting to see what happens with this show. It is not fair to the viewing public to leave us hanging. There is so much to be resolved with the plot. I can’t believe there is finally a great series on TV and it might not come back. What is up with that?

Dottie May 7, 2015 at 11:56 am

I loved this show. I have my DVR set to record each week. Would hate to hear that it won’t be coming back on.

Fay C May 1, 2015 at 5:36 am

I am STILL waiting… WHO killed the officer’s dad?

and…. What happened to Allegiance?
and…. What is going on NBC?

Michelle April 29, 2015 at 12:28 pm

I loved the series and it would be really disappointing to end just like that without knowing what’s going to happen.

olga carr April 19, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Definitely should be another season.

Anonymous April 22, 2015 at 8:24 pm

I really like the show I hope it comes back on TV I love everyone on the Cass hope to see you soon

vanessa April 18, 2015 at 10:43 am

I really enjoyed this TV series taxi Brooklyn should be given another shot.

roberto marrero April 18, 2015 at 8:45 am

I really got into the show. I’ve been up and down looking for the new season and have been really disappointed now knowing that it might not come back. I liked Chyler Leigh a lot in the role of cat. I’m a guy, and to really enjoy watching a woman in a strong role, as a cop, ’nuff said. My wife also liked it. The supporting cast was also excellent. Bring it back! Find a place for it. You might be surprised. Just think about Star Trek, Friends, and a lot of other shows that were almost canceled. like Mr. Gump said, ”that’s all I’m going to say about that.”

Michelle April 29, 2015 at 12:31 pm

My thought’s exactly

Rudi gomez April 16, 2015 at 11:16 pm

My wife and found taxi Brooklyn refreshing. A good cop comedy without the standard prat falls.

Clive Dinsdale April 14, 2015 at 2:24 am

U would atleast think they would make a second season even with half the episides of first season to atleast see out what happens.