Taxi Brooklyn: Cancel or Renew for Season Two?

Taxi Brooklyn TV show on NBC: canceled or season 2?NBC‘s new Wednesday night series Taxi Brooklyn has an unusual premise — but sometimes that’s what it takes to become a hit show these days. How’s the series been doing in the ratings? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Taxi Brooklyn follows Cat Sullivan (Chyler Leigh), a tough NYPD Detective who doesn’t let a demotion to foot patrol stop her from trying to find her father’s killer. She finds an unlikely ally in Leo Romba (Jacky Ido), a taxi driver from Marseille. The rest of the cast includes James Colby, Jose Zuniga, Jennifer Esposito, Bill Heck, Ally Walker, and Raul Casso.

Should Taxi Brooklyn be renewed for season two?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

This police series got off to a lackluster start at the end of June with the first episode drawing just a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.34 million viewers. The ratings have gone up and down over the course of the season but have trended downward. Last week’s episode hit a new low with a 0.7 demo rating and just 4.42 million viewers.

Ordinarily, numbers like these would mean that a show would be cancelled outright. However, NBC licenses this show from EuropaCorp Television so their costs are lower. While it seems likely that NBC will cancel Taxi Brooklyn, EuropaCorp could potentially produce a second season and find another US outlet to air it.

But, what do you think? Do you like the Taxi Brooklyn TV show? Should it be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Would you watch it on another channel?

Kate November 21, 2014 at 6:39 pm

I’m sorry! I tried, but this was too silly! From a person under arrest escaping
Under the watchful eye of several police officers, to the whole taxi as police car
Ridiculousness!!!

J-me November 21, 2014 at 6:17 pm

There are a lot of police and detective shows on right now and i love them. This is the perfect time for Taxi Brooklyn. I’m still waiting to see the next episode!

Heather M. November 21, 2014 at 1:20 am

I am definitely for renewing the series. Here it is November and I’m checking to see when the season premiere is. I hate cliff hangers and I wanna know what happens to Cats mother and Leo’s family. There are plenty of shows to pull but this isn’t the one.

Dale November 20, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Please renew! I looked forward to the show each week, 2nd to Castle with the chemistry that Cat had with her crew. She is very easy on the eyes too!

Natalie Daley November 20, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Please renew! I love this show and i really want to find out what happened to Leo’s son, and Leo’s friend the gay guy. Please please renew

Susan November 20, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Please renew this show. It is one of the better shows on network TV! Renew taxibrooklyn.

allen woods November 20, 2014 at 2:14 pm

love the show will still watch

allen woods November 20, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Its a fun love keep on

john hadjy November 19, 2014 at 8:06 pm

this show is funny and much better than the myseries of laura

pnguinn!!!

Caroline November 19, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I really enjoy the show. To me it is second to NCIS. Please return for another season.

neil carrell November 19, 2014 at 2:58 pm

think it was a fun show, but like a number I thought good or great, it likely will be cancelled. thought Longmire was great, but it seems I was pretty much alone in that respect, and it appears cancelled. ahhhh the search for ratings spells the death knoll of many good shows.