Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Are You Satisfied with the Last Episode?

Terminator: The Sarah Connor ChroniclesWell, the producers promised us one heck of an episode and they certainly delivered. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles went out with a big bang tonight and leaves lots of unanswered questions. Will we get answers next season?

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (TSCC) continues the ongoing saga first started in 1984 in the original Terminator movie. This particular piece of the puzzle follows the travails of freedom fighter Sarah Connor (Lena Headey), her teenage son (humanity’s future savior) John (Thomas Dekker), and his Terminator protector, Cameron (Summer Glau). Others in the cast include Richard T. Jones, Brian Austin Green, Garret Dillahunt, Shirley Manson, Leven Rambin, Dean Winters, Stephanie Jacobsen, Mackenzie Brooke Smith, and Sonya Walger.

The FOX series premiered on January 13, 2008 — in the plum spot following an NFL playoff game. Over 18.6 million viewers watched with an impressive 11.1/16 rating/share in the 18-49 demographic. However, without the benefit of a football lead-in, only 10.1 million returned to watch the next day, with a 6.2/9 in the demo. The third installment dropped again, to 8.66 million and a 5.3/8. Despite the vast decline, FOX opted to renew the series for season two.

Should TSCC be given another chance?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

When TSCC returned last September, it drew its worst numbers to date — 6.33 million and a 2.4/7 in the demo. Things got worse immediately and the series hit a dismal low of 4.57 million and a 1.8/5 in November. The show went on hiatus for two months starting in December. When it returned in February, TSCC served as a Friday night lead-in to a new sci-fi series, Dollhouse. The hope was that the pairing would be mutually beneficial but it didn’t work that way and many believe that TSCC has actually been hurting the Joss Whedon series. TSCC’s audience ended up dipping below three million in early March.

While many moviegoers are greatly anticipating the new Terminator movie, the TV series just hasn’t attracted enough interest. With ratings like these, it’s impossible to think that the series will return for a third year. That’s a huge shame because, after an episode like tonight’s, we’re left with a lot of unresolved plot points.

Tonight, we saw John Connor leave his mother behind and time travel to the future. Once there, he meets Derek (who doesn’t know him yet) and his dead father, Kyle Reese (who hasn’t fathered him yet). Reese is accompanied by very version of Cameron.

It’s obvious that the series is poised to take off in some interesting directions and is really hitting its stride. The fact that the last few episodes have been so strong make the show’s prospects all the more disappointing. It’s a shame that the writers didn’t get to this point sooner.

If the show doesn’t come back next season, and it looks like it won’t, are you upset with how the show has ended?

Rose Jackson April 30, 2009 at 2:08 pm

I love this show, please don’t cancel it. The last episode was great. Don’t leave us hanging like this. Why don’t you care what fans want. We don’t need more reality TV. We need good shows that keep the fans happy.

What’s wrong with you people. Don’t you get it. We care about the show.

ACA April 29, 2009 at 6:00 pm

I love the show !!!… Please keep it on the air!… I want more!…

Leah April 28, 2009 at 8:11 am

I want the show to come back so badly. The ending left me breathless and it even invaded my dreams because it resounded so strongly. I loved the ending because in some ways it opened the door to the unresolved future where John has to go out and start his saving of the world. Because lets face it this show is not going to run for 20 or even 10 years to get close to the apocalypse again. On the other hand the writers have done such an amazing job with the story I really want to see where they take it! Hopefully Fox will be smart and keep the show running!!!

tommyJ April 28, 2009 at 6:35 am

pls have a season 3. i cant wait it to come dude. lol

Alli April 27, 2009 at 7:57 pm

The last episode was awesome! They can’t let it end like that. There is so much more they could explore with this series. I do have to say the Riley character was awful! I’m glad she’s not around anymore.

Wayne April 26, 2009 at 5:01 pm

The Riley character almost killed the season for me. That was a waste of material.

Chas April 26, 2009 at 2:55 pm

I think that FOX should bring back the Sarah Connor Chronicles if not for a whole season at least a half season just to wrap things up and not leave everyone hanging. Too many TV show do that to their viewers and it leaves them in limbo.

Andrea April 26, 2009 at 2:10 pm

This has been one show I never miss. Every time a show gets my attention it goes off the air. There has to be more episodes. Too many things are left open that we need to know. If the show goes off how can they fill in the blanks. At least, give us another few to tie eveything up.

Annette John April 26, 2009 at 11:31 am

This cannot end, its the best programme on tv…….fantastic viewing.

Lee April 25, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I watch two shows each week TSCC and 24. If TSCC ends, I’ll still watch 24 so my FOX viewing will be off 50%. I have never seen Idol and never will. Am I sorry if the series ends this way. NO. I prefer for every episode to be as good as possible. There was a sequence of weak episodes this season that might be characterized as the ‘crazy Sarah’ plotline. I think a show like this could survive one episode like that, but it began to seem a trend, and I bet many viewers tuned out for good.
To be renewed I am sure the writers will have to show a full season ready to film with no obvious clunkers and really good story lines. Can they do that after the past uneven season – I hope so!

Rene Myers April 25, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Terminator is one of my top 5 shows that I anxiously wait to air.

Each episode has suprised me.

The finale caught me by suprised. When he faces his father and uncle and Cameron. I loudly was in awe. It actually brought my nephew running in from the other room. My neighbor came over and told them, I called my family and friends before they had seen the episode. What an awesome episode.

The terminator to turn out to be on John’s side was a nice and shocking suprise.

I actually cried at the end. For John to meet his dad! That was stellar writing. But then them not to know who John Connor was. That was a shocking twist.

We can’t be left in the dark. The show has to come back.

Don April 23, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I watch precious little TV, it’s one of the only shows I look forward to week after week. Great finale, really want it to pick up in the fall.

nate April 21, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Keep the show. it fills the gap for me since most of the reality TV on is subpar to real life “reality” anyway. I enjoy the show and look forward to it each week.

Adam April 20, 2009 at 11:10 pm

The show took a little too long to figure out where it was going. But the second half of season 2 was proof the the show could be something special. Please don’t pull the plug yet!

Tom April 20, 2009 at 7:28 pm

This Series Screams “I’LL BE BACK”

Please, Please Please: Make It So ! ! !