Terra Nova: Star of Cancelled Series Accepts New Role

Terra Nova starFOX recently cancelled Terra Nova after 13 episodes. Word is that the studio is trying to shop a second season of the TV show to another outlet. One of those possibilities is Netflix, the DVD and streaming company that’s bankrolling the fourth season of another cancelled FOX series, Arrested Development.

There’s no word if there’s been any progress on that front but star Jason O’Mara has a new show lined up. He’s booked a leading role in a high-profile period drama about Ralph Lamb, a real-life rodeo cowboy who became the Sheriff of Las Vegas.

If the pilot is picked up, O’Mara will play Frank Lamb, the diplomatic younger brother of Dennis Quaid’s lawman character. Meanwhile, Michael Chiklis has signed on to play a Chicago mob figure. Set in the 1960s, the untitled Ralph Lamb project is written by Goodfellas scribe Nicholas Pileggi and Greg Walker and will be directed by James Mangold.

It seems like, with this much high-profile talent on board, the CBS pilot’s very likely to get a pick up. If by chance Terra Nova does find a new home, O’Mara will have to return to pre-historic times on FOX. I believe the studio has O’Mara’s Terra Nova option locked in until June. CBS should decide about their pilot by their upfronts in May.

If he gets to do the Ralph Lamb project, this will be O’Mara’s third TV series that’s not set in modern day. Life on Mars and Terra Nova were both set in the past and the future. When asked by Matt Mitovich on Twitter if he refused to play modern day characters, O’Mara joked back, “I only do period. Period.”

What do you think? Are you still hoping Terra Nova is saved? Are you more interested in O’Mara’s new project?

William May 14, 2012 at 7:07 am

loved the show,,,left us hanging,,hope it comes back!!!!! please tell us what happens in the badlands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dying to know!

Jackie May 3, 2012 at 9:31 pm

My family and I LOVED this show!!!!! Please bring it back…someone???

Gary April 25, 2012 at 11:55 am

I’d love to see this show come back!

carmen boyle April 16, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I loved this show. Sorry it was cancelled. I’m sure that the network can find another leading man. Hope that it comes back. I hate shows that are cancelled without knowing what happened at the end.

John April 8, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Terra Nova has potential if given a chance to develop.

Anna March 26, 2012 at 7:12 am

Jason O’Mara is nothing special as an actor.

Brenda March 22, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Maybe the CW will pick up Terra Nova like the WB did with Buffy

Justin March 25, 2012 at 5:46 am

terra nova was the one show I looked forward to watching , all great actors and great plots, except for the kiddie love, here in Australia we want it back, it’s probably the first show that I had not missed an episode, bring it back and hurry up about it

Brenda March 22, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Do TV networks pay attention to what viewers want? What and who are they polling? 65 and older? Oh yes yay!!! a western! pewwwwwww I am seriously rolling my eyes right now and shaking my head. Am I reading right? Fox cancelled Terra Nova and want to create a COWBOY show?

Why Watch March 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Terra Nova was better than reality, but it was not a well conceived/produced series. It had much greater potential than was shown. I was not as impressed as I expected to be. I would have cancelled it too. Another good idea wasted.

Craig March 21, 2012 at 7:40 pm

I wish he would do one more modern day character. He needs to do another episode on The Closer so his pyromaniac serial killer doesn’t go free.

Kat March 21, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Jason O’Mara: a blast from the past! I’ll miss him as the dad on Terra Nova, though, so I’m hoping that gets picked up by Netflix (I’ve heard they’re considering negotiations, but nothing solid yet) or someone else. They can have anyone play Ralph Lamb’s brother (mostly ‘cos I won’t be watching the Sheriff Ralph Lamb show anyway).

CJ March 21, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I could care less about O’Mara’s new project!!!!! I love Terra Nova!!!!!!!!!! It better come back!

Linda March 21, 2012 at 4:48 pm

A great show !I am so sick of reality shows.The characters clicked.It needed some fine tuning here and there,but not canceling!,!?? Please reconsidered bringing it back on another network if you have to.

jim March 21, 2012 at 2:07 pm

There is no end to the script possibilities of Terra Nova….cancelling that series was insanity….I think a network such as TNT or SYFY should pick it up
…they’ll make mega bucks on the program…that’s already been proven with the ratings….go for it someone! !!!!

Chris March 21, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Terra nova was such an awesome and fun show. I really hope someone picks the series up.