Terriers: FX TV Show Cancelled; No Season Two

TerriersThough many critics loved the FX series, Terriers just couldn’t attract enough viewers to stay alive. FX has announced the TV show has been officially cancelled.

Terriers follows a pair of unorthodox and unlicensed private detectives. They’ll take just about any job, no matter how small or how strange. The show stars Donal Logue, Michael Raymond-James, Kimberly Quinn, Laura Allen, Rockmond Dunbar, and Jamie Denbo.

The series debuted to a 0.5 rating among the 18-49 demographic and 970,000 total viewers. When compared to other FX shows, that was a poor showing right from the start. The numbers went lower for subsequent episodes and the recent season finale attracted a 0.3 demo rating and 784,000 viewers.

FX President John Landgraf is expected to discuss the decision later today but ultimately the reason for the cancellation seems quite clear.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Terriers won’t be returning for a second season? Why didn’t it catch on? Was it simply a confusing title or something more?

Anonymous September 24, 2011 at 10:05 am

Terriers was a great show. To bad there wont b a 2nd season

Andrea, Charlotte NC September 23, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of the television stations canceling the BEST SHOWS! It just feels lik enoone cares about what smarter audiences want to see! I sure hope that The Audience Network will consider picking up this wonderful show as it did with Damages!
I am just another unsatisfied customer…

Anonymous September 8, 2011 at 3:12 pm

FX has no idea how great this show was! Sooo sad to see it go.

Jason September 6, 2011 at 6:44 pm

This show was awesome.!! Maybe the name Terriers threw off alot people in the beginning because it did to me. With the commercials only showing a terrier dog. (during the first commercials over the summer.)

Robin September 4, 2011 at 11:51 am

Yea WTF! one of the first great show FX has put out in a while and here we are, teased and angerd

Matt August 25, 2011 at 11:17 pm

This really sucks because Terriers was one of the best shows I’ve seen. I ALWAYS looked forward to seeing it. More great TV gone!

Ains August 23, 2011 at 11:37 am

odd show from the start, but enjoyed very much. mainly watched because of Donal, GFL was such a funny show. why can’t directv pick this show up & save it like it did for “Damages”?

Shelley August 22, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Very disappointed Terriers was canceled. I LOVE that show.

Jillian August 15, 2011 at 12:03 pm

This is crap! This was a really good show for once, now I dont know what is gonna happen next. Why does this always happen the good ones always get cut and then you have the crappy ones that are on 10 years running. so stupid!

Alessio Valsecchi August 6, 2011 at 10:25 am

Yeah, I feel very sorry for this decision.
The show was a very good one.

Pat August 3, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Shame FX didn’t stick with it. GOD forbid we miss a rerun of two and a half men

Kayla July 30, 2011 at 10:02 am

I was really hoping for Terriers to come back.. reading this makes me sad. This show was one of my favorites I always looked forward to watching this show! I really hope they consider bringing it back, I know they wont but its just me thinking out loud

Sean July 27, 2011 at 7:22 am

Was waiting to hear about season 2, now i see its been cancelled? that sucks, really good acting in it.

KYLIE July 26, 2011 at 7:37 am

WHY DO EXECUTIVES FREQUENTLY CANCEL REALLY GOOD SHOWS AS IN THE CASE OF TERRIERS? REALLY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS CANCELLATION.

SUSANNA July 14, 2011 at 1:18 pm

ME TOO, BOO HOO. I LOVED THIS SHOW. SO SORRY NO SEASON TWO!!!!