Terriers: FX TV Show Cancelled; No Season Two

TerriersThough many critics loved the FX series, Terriers just couldn’t attract enough viewers to stay alive. FX has announced the TV show has been officially cancelled.

Terriers follows a pair of unorthodox and unlicensed private detectives. They’ll take just about any job, no matter how small or how strange. The show stars Donal Logue, Michael Raymond-James, Kimberly Quinn, Laura Allen, Rockmond Dunbar, and Jamie Denbo.

The series debuted to a 0.5 rating among the 18-49 demographic and 970,000 total viewers. When compared to other FX shows, that was a poor showing right from the start. The numbers went lower for subsequent episodes and the recent season finale attracted a 0.3 demo rating and 784,000 viewers.

FX President John Landgraf is expected to discuss the decision later today but ultimately the reason for the cancellation seems quite clear.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Terriers won’t be returning for a second season? Why didn’t it catch on? Was it simply a confusing title or something more?

Bobbyc December 23, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I am really sorry this show is cancelled. Never heard of it until Netflix picked up the series. Fantastic characters and writing is over the top. What is the matter with you people?

karen December 22, 2011 at 11:33 am

yan across this on netflix. IM HOOKED little advertizing on it, maybe bad time slot. should never have been cancelled. but then hollywood is more about stupid reality shows i.e. cupcake wars? REALLY? I swear there is stupid and then hollywood stupid. Guess who wins the stupid award lol.

Thomas December 21, 2011 at 9:46 am

As with others users comment, I have not heard of this show until I ran across it on Netflix. I was hooked from the very start during the pilot. In fact, I watched the first 4 episodes on the same night. I can’t wait until I can continue viewing it later this week. It is a fantastic show. The acting and writing is top notch. Reminiscent of “Breaking Bad” which is excellent as well. Bring back TERRIERS!!

Rhonda December 19, 2011 at 11:29 am

I really hate that there was no season two for terriers. It really had a great story line behind it and I truly feel that it wasn’t given enough time for the viewers to catch on. I truly was looking for to season two when i watched the whole season 1 on Netflix. It wasn’t advertised enough. I think they should have had more commercels and previews so they would have had a better shot at getting their 2nd season.

Lourock December 18, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I loved the show! I have it on Netflix and watched 10 episodes with my wife one evening and we were hooked! we sure overslept the next day, but it was well worth it. Too bad there will be no season 2:(

Michele December 17, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Finally find a show with humor and action! My husband, myself, son and daughter love the show. We were very disappointed to find there was no season two. BRING IT BACK!!!!

Ken Leggett December 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm

This is (was) a very good program. I had not seen or heard of the show until I ran across it on Netflix. Began to look to see if new episodes were airing and found it had been cancelled last year. A drag considering all the B.S. that is on TV. “What you think is useful I don’t understand…”

Larry Blackburn December 12, 2011 at 8:30 pm

This is a very good series… whoever canceled this show must be watching dancing with the stars.

Roger December 11, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Good acting, good writing, a great show. I never heard of it until I found it on Netflicks. I would watch more TV if there were more well made shows like this. BRING IT BACK.

grey December 11, 2011 at 9:04 am

What a pity… another good (highly rated on IMDB too), just cancelled…. bring it back!!!!

john December 9, 2011 at 8:33 am

great show bring it back

SEAN December 6, 2011 at 4:16 pm

GREAT SHOW WAS VERY DUMB TO CANCEL!!!

gaby October 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Excelent show, it must be contiuned!

Diane Braga October 8, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I thought it was a great show! I’m a 68 year old widowed woman and enjoyed it very much. Sorry to see it off when so many stupid shows make it! Remember Seinfeld, that was not popular at first! Different time slot, different night, they were great actors and I thought the writing was excellent!

JimMLINY September 30, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Bad form! Excellent show!