The 4400: USA Network Series Cancelled

The 4400Fans of the USA Network’s unique science-fiction series, The 4400, have been waiting patiently to hear about the show’s return ever since the season four finale aired in September. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like the series is coming back.

USA has yet to make an official announcement about the cancellation but The 4400’s creator and executive producer Scott Peters says that the show is indeed over. In a post on the show’s messageboard, Peters said, “It’s with great sadness that I pass along to you the information I’ve just received — The 4400 has been cancelled. We’ve had a great time bringing you this story and submersing you in the lives of all these incredible characters.”

Peters went on to say, “I just spoke to Joel [Gretsch] and we had a great talk about what we all accomplished and how much we’ll miss our family that is our crew and our cast… and our fans. But at least we got to go out with a bang! I had an awesome time directing the last episode. I think I got to make almost every single cast member cry (on camera). How much fun was that?!”

“So let me raise my metaphorical glass to you all and thank you for being so loyal and so dedicated. I wish we could go on forever, but the party has come to an end. Be well and on behalf of all of us at The 4400 — thank you, it’s been a pleasure.”

Actress Jacqueline McKenzie, who plays Diana Skouris, posted to fans on her MySpace page saying, “I know I speak for all the cast: We really appreciate the support and dedication of our fans! Thank you!”

Hopefully USA will produce a TV movie to wrap up the series’ loose threads. We’ll keep you posted so stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

UPDATE: USA’s Executive VP of Original Programming, Jeff Wachtel, has confirmed the cancellation.

Karen Renee October 9, 2014 at 10:30 am

I really hate when TV Series are cancelled and the story line is not complete. When you cancel a show have the consideration to end the series properly and not just let there be a clip hanger without closure. It ridiculous and unfair to the fans, the viewer, the actors and actress of the show and all parties involved.

The show had a excellent plot and was extremely engaging. This show is 7 years old, but still very real to todays entertainment.

I know it has been some years, but bringing the show back for the closure of the series would not be a bad consideration.

At least NBC when they have now started to cancel their shows they place closure to the shows. That is AWESOME and I respect the network for that love and consideration of all folks involved.

Right now USA is doing some pretty dumb crap with the channel line up and shows which could lead to less customers and low ratings.

gina June 24, 2014 at 1:19 am

Watching my last season on netflix and dreading its coming to an end. I have watched 3 seasons in less than a week. You would think years later since the last season people are still talking about it they would bring it back and get rid of that stupid shit they play now. Just saying. Might wanna rethink that.

Devin Workman June 19, 2014 at 2:09 am

I have watched the series the 4400 twice on netflix and three times on my
iPhone. I am so disappointed in the producers for canceling the show.
It brings me so much sadness an grief because I am in love with the cast
And the crew. Whoever designed and created this series. Created a masterpiece that
Is a dam genius and should realize that he or she should
Complain about the cancellation of the show. Very
Disappointed in the USA network

Tina June 15, 2014 at 12:38 am

Why in the world do you people make good shows and take them off the air before they can get any exposure? It seems someone is very ignorant about how long it takes for a show to get popular. Now that it is off the air,, and 7 years later,,, the show has blown up…. (THIS YEAR BTW). So now what…. when you could be making money,,, you waste money on a new show,,, when you already have a hit you could milk for a while….. Its a pity that someone stupid is running your lineups.

angela June 12, 2014 at 9:48 am

I am in the process of watching this show on netflix. I love it. Why was it taken off the air? It is the best sci fi that I have seen in a long time.

Nunny March 14, 2014 at 5:48 am

I watched it on Netflix and now I’m sorry I did. I enjoyed it and I was on the last season, haven’t finished watching since I just discovered CBS didn’t finish it (as is their usual way)……..so I won’t be revisiting that series on Netflix ..no sense in that. I won’t get involved in any series CBS does from now on……they don’t finish anything….so why bother?

Me March 4, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I just finished the 4400 on netflix and I’m soooo sad that it ended!! :'(
Hopefully the people who made this show will have a burst of common sense and put this show back on television. Sooo disappointing