The 4400: USA Network Series Cancelled

The 4400Fans of the USA Network’s unique science-fiction series, The 4400, have been waiting patiently to hear about the show’s return ever since the season four finale aired in September. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like the series is coming back.

USA has yet to make an official announcement about the cancellation but The 4400’s creator and executive producer Scott Peters says that the show is indeed over. In a post on the show’s messageboard, Peters said, “It’s with great sadness that I pass along to you the information I’ve just received — The 4400 has been cancelled. We’ve had a great time bringing you this story and submersing you in the lives of all these incredible characters.”

Peters went on to say, “I just spoke to Joel [Gretsch] and we had a great talk about what we all accomplished and how much we’ll miss our family that is our crew and our cast… and our fans. But at least we got to go out with a bang! I had an awesome time directing the last episode. I think I got to make almost every single cast member cry (on camera). How much fun was that?!”

“So let me raise my metaphorical glass to you all and thank you for being so loyal and so dedicated. I wish we could go on forever, but the party has come to an end. Be well and on behalf of all of us at The 4400 — thank you, it’s been a pleasure.”

Actress Jacqueline McKenzie, who plays Diana Skouris, posted to fans on her MySpace page saying, “I know I speak for all the cast: We really appreciate the support and dedication of our fans! Thank you!”

Hopefully USA will produce a TV movie to wrap up the series’ loose threads. We’ll keep you posted so stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

UPDATE: USA’s Executive VP of Original Programming, Jeff Wachtel, has confirmed the cancellation.

AiRELL September 18, 2008 at 6:29 pm

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GUYS CANCEL THE SHOW.THAT PISSED A LOT OF PEOPLE OFF.

Ann August 25, 2008 at 4:32 pm

AS ALL OF US AGREE, YOU CANCELLED A VERY CLASSIC PROGRAM AND WITH NO ENDING!!!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE US HANGING??? IT WOULDN’T HAVE TAKEN MUCH TO AT LEAST HAVE ONE MORE SHOW TO CLOSE THE PROGRAM OUT!!!! THINK OF ALL OF US WHO SPENT HARD EARNED MONEY ON THE DVD SERIES AND NOW ARE LEFT WITH NO CONCLUSION!!!!! I JUST HOPE THAT THE “SCI-FI CHANNEL” PICKS IT UP AND WILL GIVE US A CLOSING TO THIS FANTASTIC SERIES!!! YOU SHOULD COLABORATE WITH THEM TO FINISH THE STORY!!!

Rubi August 10, 2008 at 5:26 pm

is a shame a good tv series come to and end.I really enjoy it and gonna miss it a lot.

Monica August 8, 2008 at 6:01 am

SHAME ON YOU!!! FINALLY A SHOW EVEN OUR CHILDREN CAN WATCH WITHOUT A TON OF VIOLENCE, CUSSING AND NUDITY. DID YOU CANCEL BECAUSE IT’S SIMPLY TO DECENT OF A SHOW???? ARE YOU PEOPLE NUTS? HOW ABOUT SOME ANSWERS TO THE ENDING? HOW ABOUT PUTTING THE 4400 BACK ON THE AIR SO WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE A TIME DURING THE WEEK WHEN THE ENTIRE FAMILY CAN SIT DOWN TOGETHER AND WATCH SOMETHING FACINATING???? SHAMEFUL!

arnetta July 29, 2008 at 9:01 pm

With painful tears from my heart, i truly waited on the return of the 4400. I told myself that maybe after the writers.Then i say maybe when the season shows start. I certainly hope (deeply) that ther will be a movie to end the shows story. Also, i would like to know what the past charcters and the ones that ended the show are doing now.

Sean July 28, 2008 at 9:14 pm

You Stink… The Dead Zone and 4400 gone! 4400??? Seriously you cancelled 4400? Do you want anyone besides my 70 year old mother watching your network.. How can you leave so many questions not answered.. I for one will not invest any more time in any USA program.. I hope your sponsers realize that you have pissed off quite a bit of your audience and pull their commercials.

susan July 27, 2008 at 10:22 pm

USA network, I truly feel cheated and shit upon! I’ve been a loyal viewer of the 4400, and I feel betrayed by your network for ending the series before all the loose ends could be tied up for those many fans who have faithfully followed the entire run of the series. What this experience has taught me is that I shouldn’t get too attached to any of the shows on your network. I may have been duped once, but not again. Farewell USA network. I’m done with you!

Nicole July 26, 2008 at 5:18 pm

I am very disappointed in USA for cancelling 4400 I loved this show so much. It really made yu feel so many emotions and it really made you think of the human race in a whole other way, My husband and I both would sit faithfully and watch the show every Sunday during the summer. Then we would watch it again on Tivo to pause and discuss our favorite moments. I will definely not be watching anything else on the USA networks and they need to stop taking their viewers for granted.

TEE July 25, 2008 at 8:02 pm

Shameful. you got us hooked and then you cancel the show. Monk is played out. I would have rather you cancelled it than cancel The 4400. Every show I like gets cancelled, is that a clue to stop watching network tv and read more books. I am disappointed…..YEAH RIGHT, CHARACTERS ARE WELCOME!!!! Hmmmmm

Kim July 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm

Waited and waited thinking maybe I’m wrong, maybe the show starts in the fall – but, NOOOOOOO ya go and cancel a VERY interesting show that even my Law and Order freak of a husband faithfully watched it with me every week What the hell!? This is the first I’m hearing of it. Mainly, just checked to see what was going on because I just saw a commercial with one of the main characters from the 4400 will now be on a show called Eureka. What about the end of the story? How do you walk away from a show that I’m pretty sure it was doing very well without ending it.. How disappointing!! It’s just as bad as when a series continues on forever but, is continually changing the main characters.. (one reason I don’t watch much T.V.) The 4400 entertainedmy husband and I and now…. we’re left hangin’. I personally, won’t be watching USA any longer. Thank goodness “House” changed networks (the only other show I basically watch faithfully. The rest is crap! Finish what you started please!

shawn July 20, 2008 at 7:35 pm

this is bogus and a total shame. There are not that many high quality shows on TV but 4400 was definitely on of them. The USA network should reconsider this. I remember when the same thing happened to INVASION on ABC. Leaves me disgusted…

Barber July 16, 2008 at 2:55 pm

We finally get a good show with a great story line…and it’s cancelled!! We would appreciate a proper ending, we deserve at least that!

Marcio June 28, 2008 at 3:00 pm

I don’t know what happened to force the stop of series.So will be hard to comercialize DVDs or distribute for other countryes without an end chapter.If the cast was not more avaible it coud be changed in part.So as it is,the members of the project lost the credibility with the public and proffessional.The minimun solution was to public in the internet the text of the last chapter or make a cartoon.I am just one more unhappy .maybe the true will be clear

Marcio June 28, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Ola.Nao sei quais foram as pressoes para o seriado acabar.Porem fica ate dificil pra vender a serie em DVD,ou para outros paises sem um capitulo de encerramento.Mesmo que tivesse que mudar alguns artistas, merecia um final.A serie poderia ainda dar algun lucro se o problema fosse dinheiro.Do jeito que ficou nao da.Os envolvidos perderam credibilidade perante o publico.

Becky June 17, 2008 at 12:16 pm

I’m really upset that the the 4400 has been cancelled. I never missed an episode and was looking forward to watching it this summer. I think you made a big mistake taking this show off the air and hope you see what a big mistake you have made.