The 4400: USA Network Series Cancelled

The 4400Fans of the USA Network’s unique science-fiction series, The 4400, have been waiting patiently to hear about the show’s return ever since the season four finale aired in September. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like the series is coming back.

USA has yet to make an official announcement about the cancellation but The 4400’s creator and executive producer Scott Peters says that the show is indeed over. In a post on the show’s messageboard, Peters said, “It’s with great sadness that I pass along to you the information I’ve just received — The 4400 has been cancelled. We’ve had a great time bringing you this story and submersing you in the lives of all these incredible characters.”

Peters went on to say, “I just spoke to Joel [Gretsch] and we had a great talk about what we all accomplished and how much we’ll miss our family that is our crew and our cast… and our fans. But at least we got to go out with a bang! I had an awesome time directing the last episode. I think I got to make almost every single cast member cry (on camera). How much fun was that?!”

“So let me raise my metaphorical glass to you all and thank you for being so loyal and so dedicated. I wish we could go on forever, but the party has come to an end. Be well and on behalf of all of us at The 4400 — thank you, it’s been a pleasure.”

Actress Jacqueline McKenzie, who plays Diana Skouris, posted to fans on her MySpace page saying, “I know I speak for all the cast: We really appreciate the support and dedication of our fans! Thank you!”

Hopefully USA will produce a TV movie to wrap up the series’ loose threads. We’ll keep you posted so stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

UPDATE: USA’s Executive VP of Original Programming, Jeff Wachtel, has confirmed the cancellation.

Lisa July 8, 2009 at 10:12 am

I LOVED 4400. Why is it all the good shows get cancelled and they keep the tired old boring stuff on for decades? Why, Why, Why

kattt July 1, 2009 at 9:57 am

I recently joined netflix for the sole reason of renting the entire 4400 series, after catching an episode on a buddies old TVO recordings. I was immediatley hooked. I was sooooooo excited to be able to rent all the seasons, AND THEEEEN, i came to the disgusting letdown that the series ended WITHOUT an ending!!!! to have invested so much time and be so prepped to see how it all ended,and then NOTHING! thaaaanxx for that. As if there arent enough letdowns in life, you cant even count on one in the world of fiction.Needless to say, i am mooooost annoyed!

LL May 2, 2009 at 9:48 am

This is just pathetic. This was indeed the best show on USA. I am tired of investing my time in these series and having them end abruptly without any concern for viewers who have supported their network.

Asia April 5, 2009 at 5:57 pm

this really sucks

Pam March 21, 2009 at 3:08 pm

NICE GOING USA, YOU CANCELLED THE BEST SHOW YOU HAD!!!! I’ve watched this series from the begginning and have faithfully tried to watch it every Sunday.
THE WHOLE CITY OF SEATTLE IS SPIKED WITH PROMICIN EVERYONE ALIVE HAS POWERS AND YOU JUST CANCELLED IT!!!! THE SHOW NEEDS A GOOD WRAPUP. WE ARE NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS AS NICE AS YOU’VE TRIED TO PUT IT. IT MADE A LOT OF PEOPLE ANGRY. FRANKLY I HAVEN’T REALLY WATCH YOUR NETWORK SINCE I’VE HEARD OF THIS AND I DON’T PLAN ON IT UNTIL SOMEONE BRINGS THE 4400 BACK TO AT LEAST WRAP UP THIS SERIES.

Jimstud7 March 20, 2009 at 2:13 pm

I cant believe the network exec scum sucking dogs did this. The 4400 was one of my favorite shows of all time. I will familiarize myself with the jerks who done this and make sure I dont patronize their efforts in the future. There is no reason I can think of to cancel the show (no good for nothing fools). It was absolutely great! What is wrong with series producers and execs now-a-days? They don’t know a good thing when they have it. First stargate sg1 now the 4400. What next? I mean the crap THAT SHOULD BE CANCELED don’t get canceled and the junk gets to stay on. You people are incredible. Well at least HEROES is still on. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!

josh dominguez March 15, 2009 at 9:33 pm

yall cant be serious, the series cant end like that. There is so much to be told, like what the hell happen to richerd, cant anyone tell me that? I am going to start a crusade until the show comes back!!!

Lydia February 12, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I to have been waiting to here when the next 4400 is coming out til now. I found the show to be very very entertaining and that an ending like this is very disapointing. I am so happy that I purchased all the box sets and have told a bunch of friends who now also follow the series. What a waste of my time and money. I am so happy that I can follow reruns of the same shows over and over again. Why would a network choose to replay old shows than to give their audience something new to enjoy. I am sad. This show had the ablity to go on for many series, instead why don’t we watch on old series that has been redone for the younger generation like 90210. I think I am still in shock. Hopefully there will be a surprise in the future and it will return.

Andrew February 10, 2009 at 3:32 am

I am also a faitful viewer of the 4400 series. I was also sadden to find out that it has been cancelled. It didn’t even end properly, it was just cancelled. I waqnted to know what happened to Seattle. Did it developed into a new eden or what? The problem with the continuing – ongoing story lines is that each episode is an advancement of the last episode. They didn’t even reach the exciting conclusion, it just sort of fizzled out like some lame fireworks display; which is suppose to be all bang for your buck and it was anything but that. So to the producers of the series, don’t say that the series ended well, when it didn’t. You had a strong beginning and you kept the momentum for four seasons. But you failed to follow through to the end even if it was to end sooner than later. You owed your viewing audience an explosive ending which would have equaled the beginning of the series. At the very least you owe the viewers one last season to wrap thing up once an for all and maybe leave an opening for a couple of movies to be made. Shame on you producers of the 4400 series and double shame on the USA Network directors for cancelling the series.

Sean December 2, 2008 at 5:47 am

… I’ve been waiting for the next season to come out and wondering when it was going to. I finally started searching for it only to realize it’s NOT going to come out. I swear, with all the other crap on TV, why the hell would you go and cancel one of the best shows out there? This was the only show I actually enjoyed on this friggin’ network. Way to go, retards…

Ricardo and Daniela November 23, 2008 at 2:49 pm

I

Tumain Mosses November 10, 2008 at 5:02 am

whats up you guys?i am here in Tanzania very bored.everyday i used to spent smtime lukin for your series,but guess what i finally see this page that your not goin to give us our lovely thing.i am very disapointed guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alejandro October 12, 2008 at 8:53 am

And now … 4400 “The complete series” on DVD for sale!… are they joking?… what kind of “complete” series is this?. Give us a finale season to all the fans ! after that you can do a real complete series…

Anonymous October 11, 2008 at 1:42 pm

YOU PEOPLE R NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK. I HAD HOPE THAT IT WOULD COME BAC. GUESS I WAS WRONG BUT HELLO WHAT TYPE OF ENDING WAS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!??!
OMG HOW THE HECK CAN IT BE CANCELLED. I BET MILLIONS OF FANS WERE LOOKING EVER DAY IN THE TV GUIDE TO SEE IF THE ANSWER TO THERE QUESTION WOULD THE 4400 COME BAC WELL ANYONE THAT READS THIS ARTICLE IS PROBABLE AS UPSET AS I AM. THAT WAS A GREAT SHOW WITH A GREAT PLOT BUT U GOT SO MANY PEOPLE HOOKED AND WHAT HAPPENS IT GETS CANCELLED.I FOR ONE AM NOT WATCHING USA ANYMORE. AND ANYONE THAT IS UPSET AS ME SHOULD STOP WATCHING USA ALSO. WHAT EVER USA U OVIOUSLILLY HAVE NO TASTE IN TV SHOWS AT ALL. :(:(:(

Brian September 28, 2008 at 7:44 pm

A good story has a good beginning, a good middle,and a good ending. TV executives seem to have forgoiien the good ending part when it comes to television shows that extend beyond one season. I’ll stick to miniseries and movies from now on.