The Almighty Johnsons: Syfy Acquires TV Series from New Zealand

almighty johnsons on syfySyfy has picked up the first two seasons of a New Zealand series called The Almighty Johnsons. The first season of 10 episodes will air on Syfy sometime next year and the 13 installments of season two will be shown at a later date.

An action dramedy, The Almighty Johnsons centers on Axl Johnson, a young man who discovers on his 21st birthday that he and his brothers are reincarnated Norse gods.

Chris Regina, Syfy’s Senior VP of Programming, said, “We’re delighted to introduce quality New Zealand programming to the Syfy audience. A compelling blend of fantasy and comedy, this quirky series should resonate strongly with our viewers.”

What do you think? Does this sound like a fun show? Will you be giving it a try?

Max'sGramma April 20, 2015 at 1:08 pm

LOVE these guy’s Watching them on Netflix and half way threw season 3. Absolutely bummed if this is indeed the final season. Nitwits who canceled it deserve to e fired.

Max'sGramma April 20, 2015 at 1:09 pm

through

Red Babette January 27, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Has anyone heard if they will air the final season? I would be sooooo pissed if not. Totally obssessed with the show. It is amazing.

gray444 December 31, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Love this show thanks for keeping it on. I am so sick of the same old shows they are either lawyer shows or cop shows they have beaten this dead horse for way to long. It is time for some original program

Jo December 30, 2014 at 2:53 pm

This show is fantastic and a lot of fun! Keep it coming, please!

Valerie December 20, 2014 at 3:11 am

I am totally hooked on this show and will be hard pressed to find a replacement when it’s over. C’mon Syfy!! Keep’em coming!!!

CaliGirl November 27, 2014 at 5:35 am

I watch episodes of Almighty Johnsons, to the exclusion of all other programming – network and cable! It’s well written and lots of fun. Puh-leeze don’t let this program ‘die on the vine’ and stay cancelled. We need quality programs – don’t leave us hangin’!

chbrown November 22, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I LOVE this show!! I really would like to see SYFY pick this up and give us a third season. It would be very disappointing to air 2 seasons and then….no more…… WTF?

Shane September 6, 2014 at 4:19 pm

I really enjoy this show and hope that it does return next summer. The actress who plays Frigg was also on Spartacus; Blood and Sand playing Varo’s wife. She is hot!

SV August 9, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I Love this show!!! I’m hoping a revolt against the cancellation will happen and we can get the show extended. Anybody know how to start the revolution??

James July 28, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I think the show is great and would be a trajedy if Syfy doesnt show the third season and or pick up after the third. Keep in mind they showed two seasons back to back for Lost girl than went from there. I hope they are going to do the same with this show it is great and different.

HellcatM July 5, 2014 at 1:43 pm

This show was cancelled in New Zealand and was left open ended so is it worth watching? I don’t think Syfy would continue making this show if it does well, they may just give us season 3 which was the final season and left questions. I think it would just be frustrating to watch a show, like it to have it just end and not have a real ending.

Prostate_Strangler April 29, 2014 at 10:19 am

Kiwi here, been watching since debut.

Dave Smith October 14, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I have been watching this in Canada, where it has been airing for a while. But does anyone know if there is anything planned after Season 3, or is S3 the end of the series?

Stephen September 29, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I love this show.

WayneInNYC August 30, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Love, love, LOVE this fun, quirky (and just a little bit naughty) show from Down Under.