The Amazing Race and Survivor: CBS Reality Series Renewed for 2010-11 Season

Survivor and Amazing RaceDon’t bother unpacking your suitcases Jeff Probst and Phil Keoghan, Survivor and The Amazing Race have been renewed for next season.

Though viewership has fallen over the years, Survivor is still quite popular. Last fall’s Samoa edition won its timeslot with a 4.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The show’s upcoming 20th edition begins February 11th and will reunite memorable players from the show’s 10 year history.

To no surprise, CBS has given the go-ahead for two more rounds of the Mark Burnett show. As per usual, one will run in the fall and the other will begin airing mid-season.

Who is the better host?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Amazing Race recently completed its 15th cycle and posted year-over-year gains in total viewers and the key demographic. Round number 16 is scheduled to begin February 14th.

For now, the network has renewed Amazing Race for a single cycle for the 2010-11 season. CBS often airs two rounds per season so another may still be ordered.

What do you think? Are you glad that Race and Survivor are coming back? Which one do you prefer?

Farrell and the family December 21, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Survivor is an amazing show that I look forward to every week, and would love to see it for many years to come!!!

Anonymous December 19, 2010 at 5:38 am

I will only watch Survivors, don’ t care for Amazing Race and won’t watch it.

nancy November 23, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Ive watched surviver since it came on TV i love it i will cancell anything that gets in my wat of watching the show – i think that many of the players dont really undertand that they are playing the same games in their lives, with jobs, families, financial, what kind of food u should eat so you won’t gain alot of weight,,everry camp has leaders, primidonnas, slackers and backstabbers remember “smiling faces” my favorite of all time was watching Boston Rob play al those people but he wasnt’ lie to them they just took his words out of context and made up lies, —but on this past one that lady sealing the food was OUTRAGES she should of put her on a boat and sent her off shes a greedy , selfish and ifnorant woman. Amazing race is just like it says AMAZING

Keith Hager September 28, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Laast Sunday night the contestants were riding in small two seater cars. What was the make and where are they made?

Thanks———-Keith Hager

teresa September 14, 2010 at 2:45 pm

We love the Amazing Race…I hope they do at least one but preferably 2 every year.

Kiersten McKay August 31, 2010 at 10:56 am

I love The Amazing Race…don’t think I’ve missed an episode since it started.

Linda McCaffrey August 25, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Jeff is the far better host….most memorable……he is awesome…going everywhere!

please….i am an avid bachelor/bachelorette fan…and jeff ROCKS!

John August 24, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Survivor not cold case renewed i guess garbage reality tv is really taking over tv it def looks like it

CONNY August 13, 2010 at 2:03 pm

I cannot wait for both to air this season. They are my favorite reality shows. Please, please do cancel either!!

Anna August 8, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Survivor is the best personal interaction reality show in the world…My family and I watch every episode and hate it when we have to wait for the new season…Keep it going forever!!!

Q July 16, 2010 at 3:13 pm

I love both shows. Amazing Race and Survivor are tied neck and neck. These are my most favorite shows. Its hard to find great shows on tv. I hope these two stay on the air forever.

Dom July 11, 2010 at 10:50 pm

We just Love the Amazing Race!! All our family and friends cannot wait until the new season of Amazing Race 17 begins! We all are hoping for an Amazing Race 18 to follow!!! Please keep this show going……….

Jim Benson July 11, 2010 at 11:20 am

We live for these shows, i hope they last forever!!

Tim July 5, 2010 at 8:56 am

My wife and I are fans of both although the amazing race is more our cup of tea since we love to travel and plan to retrace the amazing race steps after we retire in a few years.

cindy May 31, 2010 at 12:01 am

I love them both, and feel bereft when they’re temporarily gone

Ann December 20, 2010 at 9:19 am

I love both shows. If I were younger I would apply for Amazing Race. The travel alone is worth watching this show. I really enjoy the competition between the
contestants on Survivor. The best competitor does not always win because the
strongest person is often voted out because of their strength. This I don’t like.