The Americans

The Americans Network: FX
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: January 30, 2013 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Maximiliano Hernández, Holly Taylor, Keidrich Sellati, Noah Emmerich, Margo Martindale, and Richard Thomas.

TV show description:
This period drama takes place in the early 1980s, shortly after Ronald Reagan was elected President.

Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell) are a pair of KGB spies who live in a suburb of Washington DC. They are married and have two children — 13-year-old Paige (Holly Taylor) and 10-year-old Henry (Keidrich Sellati) — who have no idea about their parents’ secret identities.

Philip and Elizabeth are in an arranged marriage but it’s become more passionate and genuine as time has passed. Their relationship however is constantly tested — by the escalation of the Cold War and the relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control.

Complicating their relationship even further is Philip’s growing sense of affinity for America’s values and way of life.

Tensions also heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent. Stan and his partner, Agent Chris Amador (Maximiliano Hernández), are members of a new division of Counterintelligence that’s tasked with fighting against foreign agents on US soil — including KGB Directorate S illegals (Russian spies posing as Americans).

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like The Americans TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

109 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Garry says

This is one the few shows that I have ever watched with my wife of 43 years. She has her shaows, and I have mine – Tyhis one is Ours. The last show that we watches was “Rich Man, Poor Man” with Nick Knolty and Peter Straus.

2. william mordaunt says

Don’t cancel it! It started uncertainly – in Britain some people even laughed at the wigs and disguises as far-fetched – but the acting was uniformly good, the subject was unusual, the plotting intriguingly complicated and the climax genuinely exciting. Don’t leave us in suspense!

3. Tammie says

I really love the show and the acting is superb. Alot of history involved that I truly didnt know about since I was born in ’61. Please dont cancel.

4. Dolly says

I loved the Americans and hope it continues for years. The Cold War years were very intense and interesting. They were very well depicted the the series.

5. says

February 17, 2012
    Cecilia Currie I started taking Cold -fx in December and it is the first year
    in four that I have not been ill! The last three
    years I have been sick Jan-March. This year I’m healthy thanks to Cold-fx!

6. samfurer says

becamemyfavoriteshowontvrenewitandallcharactersareexcellent& nosuggestionsforanyreplacementssofarjustmyopionIknowIcarrynoinfluence respectfully

7. William says

We really like this show. It is different,suspenseful, intelligent. Also well acted. Good history of the Cold War.