The Assets: ABC Pulls Mini-Series After Two Episodes

The Assets canceledTo no surprise, ABC has pulled its very low-rated mini-series The Assets from the Thursday lineup.

For the next three weeks, the 10pm timeslot will be filled by Shark Tank reruns. It’s unclear what will fill the timeslot after that. Scandal is expected to return on February 27th.

It’s unclear what will become of the remaining six episodes of The Assets.

What do you think? Did you enjoy the series? Would you like to see the leftover episodes released online, on DVD as part of a full series set, or aired on Saturday nights?

Dan Rupp January 19, 2014 at 7:56 pm

I was very disappointed that they cancelled this mini-series. I remember this all going down in the day, but they didn’t give any details. I was looking forward to hearing the whole story. And then the cancelled with out saying a word, I had to find out online.

Lynn Holt January 19, 2014 at 7:12 pm

No! I was watching it. I’m very disappointed it was yanked. What? they can’t even finish an 8 episode mini-series?? Play it on Saturday night.

J. Martin January 19, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I cannot believe that the show is taken off the air… It was pretty interesting learning the details and how someone can do this to his country… ABC you need to step up to the plate and let us be the judge if the show is a hit or not. For me it’s great!!

Frank January 19, 2014 at 6:23 pm

The show was well done. And now it’s substitued for reruns!

Diane Parlette January 19, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I was very disappointed that The Assets was cancelled. I would appreciate it’s being available either online or better yet, at Comcast or on DVD.

William Shenton January 19, 2014 at 3:46 pm

You cancelled to air some other dumb shows like Shark Tank. Hell would have to freeze over before I watched another one, once was enough and that was last year.

William January 19, 2014 at 12:01 pm

It is by now obvious that the up-coming crop of talent/producers/ratings “experts”
are out of touch. “Assets” was right on with the cold war era which those 50 years and older remember, that make up the bulk of TV viewers and growing. The TV creator staff are kids who are still growing up with i-pods and unintelligent stuff that have warped
their minds. ABC ought not listen to them, rather to the real viewers, and take that to their sponsors. Or the older viewers might as well go to sleep through “prime time” !!!

James Hardman January 19, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Right on. The people responsible for taking Assets off the air probably don’t know their history or could care less. I found this series very interesting since I’m in the over 50 group.

John S January 18, 2014 at 10:54 pm

I can not believe what is happening. An intelligent mini series is cancelled so that Shark Tank reruns can be aired? We need more duck dynasty and honey bobo shows. ABC is one of the leaders of the dumbing down of America.

Dan Rupp January 19, 2014 at 7:58 pm

John, I think you hit the nail on the head !!

Jacqueline Hardman January 18, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I failed to check the boxes below.

Jacqueline Hardman January 18, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I was very disappointed when the TV guide said it would be on Jan. 16 and something else was on. I’ve checked many Assets sites over the last few days and finally found one telling it had been cancelled. I was really looking forward to watching the series and can’t understand why ABC cancelled such a good show. I do hope it returns.

lARRY January 18, 2014 at 2:16 pm

a piece of history replaced by a piece of fluff, what a shame. Play the final 6 shows as 1 hr specials

Missy January 18, 2014 at 11:03 am

I very rarely watch TV and looked at the 8 part series The Asset. This story is reality TV,(not like a bachelor or Kardashian crap) I was hooked from the first hour show and was looking forward to the rest of the story. Very disappointed that a show based on the real life would not be given a chance to at least finish the series. I enjoyed and looked forward to watching each week.

Annalena Bronson January 18, 2014 at 12:11 am

I suppose the lack on hillbillies, bigfoot, ghosts and aliens doomed this very well made and interesting show. I would like to see the remaining episodes on Netflix or over the internet if available. There are so few good shows that the loss of one is very depressing.
For the record I dislike Sharktank that replaced it.

Helen January 17, 2014 at 11:57 pm

What’s with that???? I am VERY disappointed in the decision to cancel this mini-series. I am very interested to see the remaining 6 episodes! I do hope it is released on DVD.

Joyce January 17, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Very disappointed!! Maybe they should have turned it into a real Mini with 2 hour long episodes over a week in May. I had to go online to find out it was taken off….. Please, after flipping around stations trying to find it Thursday!!