The Assets: ABC Pulls Mini-Series After Two Episodes

The Assets canceledTo no surprise, ABC has pulled its very low-rated mini-series The Assets from the Thursday lineup.

For the next three weeks, the 10pm timeslot will be filled by Shark Tank reruns. It’s unclear what will fill the timeslot after that. Scandal is expected to return on February 27th.

It’s unclear what will become of the remaining six episodes of The Assets.

What do you think? Did you enjoy the series? Would you like to see the leftover episodes released online, on DVD as part of a full series set, or aired on Saturday nights?

Sheryl January 14, 2014 at 10:20 pm

This is a great story! PLEASE at least run the remaining 6 on Saturday nights!

Ron January 14, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Thought it was very good.Would like to see the last episodes.

marion sterling January 14, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Loved it! At least air the remaining shows.

JR January 14, 2014 at 8:53 pm

It’s terrible that ABC will not finish showing the full series of Assets episodes. I find the Cold War years very interesting and I’m sure there is an audience for a series like the Assets if given the opportunity.

Jennifer January 14, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Very disappointed. We really enjoyed the show and would like to be able to see the remaining episodes. Finally a show that’s not full of brainless baloney and it gets pulled? Not happy.

Richard January 14, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Why is it that when something worth watching is broadcast it is cancelled in favor of something that could only be entertaining to someone whose IQ is smaller than his shoe size? Are these producers possibly the same clowns who cancelled RUBICON ?

PK January 14, 2014 at 5:15 pm

ABC??? Are you there??? Let the viewers who enjoy US history have their due. Please let us see the full story!!!!! Only 6 more episodes

SCANDAL is the antithesis of The Assets. The Assets is based on true events expressed by those who lived it and the other is make believe by those who will never live it (nor understand it)!!!!

Please , for once show the truth

Thanks in advance

Ken Walker January 14, 2014 at 4:36 pm

It was nice to see a drama back on TV. I agree with other comments that there are too many reality shows which I never watch. Shark Tank is good but I have had enough of tuning into shows that I have already watched.

Anonymous January 14, 2014 at 4:33 pm

ABC Decision Makers:

As a viewer of SCANDAL, I was glad to have the opportunity to see a miniseries based on a book of history about the true inside of Washington politics and global espionage.

Many of my family and friends were talking about the reality of historic events versus the hype of the SANDAL script. We were truly enjoying the first shows and we were looking forward to the unfolding of the true events.

As usual, I am confused about what drives these decisions, but I can conclude the driving force is not to honestly inform the public of the truth and relevant explanation of historic events. ABC please stand up and let us see a true show not a bunch of made up non-believing bunk!!!!

Phil January 14, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I was truly enjoying the series and very disappointed to find out it had been cancelled. I thought the story line was good and all the actors did a superb job. Kept our interest the entire show – something that most shows don’t accomplish. Do hope it is rescheduled.

Kyle January 14, 2014 at 1:24 pm

The acting was some of the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Reminiscent of straight-to-dvd B movies.

And having 90% of the cast being English/Welsh, and listening to their great, but obvious fake American accents was a bit too much for me.

Anonymous January 14, 2014 at 8:17 am

I am very disappointed. We need to at least be able to see the remaining episodes!

Déçu January 14, 2014 at 7:58 am

Encore un décision mystérieuse d’une chaîne de télévision publique. La raison de ce geste n’est sûrement pas reliée à la qualité du scénario ou du jeu des acteurs. Peut-être que quelqu’un à la CIA a décidé qu’il était encore trop tôt pour divulguer certains rensignements, ce qui rendrait hommage à la justesse et la richesse du scénario… Dommage

Steve January 14, 2014 at 6:33 am

Loved the show and was looking forward to seeing the conclusion …

It’s difficult to imagine the reasons for this, given the drek that the networks so willingly deluge the airwaves with … no sitcom is too banal, no ‘reality’ show is too inane … then at last, when they air something worth watching, we learn that the remaining episodes (which are in the can) are being scratched in favor of reruns of Shark Tank ??????
I would ask ‘how dumb do they think we are?’, but the question answers itself when one considers what flows from the networks …

Juan January 14, 2014 at 2:00 am

I cann’t belived it that the show is over. I had to look it up to find that it was pulled. Why? It was 2 good shows that was on abc