The Assets: ABC Pulls Mini-Series After Two Episodes

The Assets canceledTo no surprise, ABC has pulled its very low-rated mini-series The Assets from the Thursday lineup.

For the next three weeks, the 10pm timeslot will be filled by Shark Tank reruns. It’s unclear what will fill the timeslot after that. Scandal is expected to return on February 27th.

It’s unclear what will become of the remaining six episodes of The Assets.

What do you think? Did you enjoy the series? Would you like to see the leftover episodes released online, on DVD as part of a full series set, or aired on Saturday nights?

I'm MAD January 16, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I can’t believe ABC dropped this series! Some viewers like programs that depict historical events rather than the stupid reality shows that have no redeeming qualities. I rarely watch tv because it’s usually nothing but junk. Finally, a good program comes on and ABC lets us get two episodes into it, and BOOM they take it away! Well, ABC, I assure you I won’t be watching Shark Tank or anything else you put on—-BRING BACK The Assets!

Joe January 16, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Enjoyed the show very much & would like to see it to the end. I vote for Sat nite -

They lost me – I’ll watch Elementary, on at the same time.

Delos Santos, H. January 16, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Was looking forward to it. Good thing i don’t have cable, too much money wasted for just watching garbage shows.

Margaret Cogdell January 16, 2014 at 1:08 pm

What a shame! Seems that the media continues to dumb down America. The Assets is based on a true story and seems to be a pretty realistic take on the cold-war era and the espionage that went on. We are thrown “fake reality shows” with unbelievable viewer statistics, however when the reality is produced in a believable and serious fashion it is pulled out from under us the media needs to stop treating its audience like kids.

Marianne January 16, 2014 at 10:30 am

Yes thought it was great from now now on I’m just going to DVD everything and not waste my time if that’s how ABC rewards its loyal viewers…
Would love to know if its ever available to view elsewhere , certainly am not going to be watching shark tank!

Ben Taggie January 16, 2014 at 10:28 am

I greatly enjoyed the first two series and am very disappointed to see it cancelled too soon. I assume some of the problem is that the viewing audience had to invest some serious intention in the first two shown to figure out the somewhat complicated plot. I suppose it wold not appeal to the Duck Dynasty crows but there are a number of viewers who know the history of the event and would have eventually been drawn to the show.

No wonder I watch so litte TV

Duane January 15, 2014 at 10:59 pm

I enjoyed this series and thought there was some research put into this show. I am surprised that after two shows this show was canceled. To be replaced by Shark Tank reruns. I think there is a power struggle at ABC or they are responding to outside pressures.

Duane January 15, 2014 at 10:55 pm

I enjoyed the show and would like to see the conclusion.

Stephen N JAFFE January 15, 2014 at 10:32 pm

My wife and I both enjoyed the show. It was intelligent and timely given the recent Snowden affair. The show should be aired to its conclusion.

allison January 15, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I am livid. I was enjoying this show. I guess people don’t like to think and watch garbage like the bachelor

J Glapion January 15, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Loved the show and it is true history. Would love to be able to still see entire series either on demand or aired on an off night like Saturday. Honestly don’t know if ABC will get more viewers airing reruns of Shark Tank? Seems ridiculous if have already filmed not to air the last six episodes!

John January 15, 2014 at 7:43 pm

I was really enjoying the show and am disappointed it’s been pulled. ABC loses another viewer!

Anonymous January 15, 2014 at 5:14 pm

I really enjoyed “The Assets”. I can’t believe it has been cancelled. I would like to see the remaining episodes. I hope they will be available online or on DVD, or even on another night in another time slot.

Andrew Bart January 15, 2014 at 8:38 am

I really enjoyed this show
Show the rest of the series of The Assets

H.T.Howard January 14, 2014 at 10:24 pm

This is a sad day for ABC and it’s listeners. When shows of obvious intelligence and interest are so easily dumped rather than spending a little bit of time to develop an audience, it really makes me wonder about the lack of trust ABC has in their audience. Are we really too stupid to appreciate thoughtful programming?