The Assets: ABC Pulls Mini-Series After Two Episodes

The Assets canceledTo no surprise, ABC has pulled its very low-rated mini-series The Assets from the Thursday lineup.

For the next three weeks, the 10pm timeslot will be filled by Shark Tank reruns. It’s unclear what will fill the timeslot after that. Scandal is expected to return on February 27th.

It’s unclear what will become of the remaining six episodes of The Assets.

What do you think? Did you enjoy the series? Would you like to see the leftover episodes released online, on DVD as part of a full series set, or aired on Saturday nights?

Benz January 17, 2014 at 9:54 pm

BRING BACK THE ASSETS!! It was very interesting and contained a nice basis of past history.

Bianca January 17, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Still in shock! I really enjoyed the two episodes and was really looking forward seeing the others.
What happened? The so called reality show are taking over everything, even U.S. History?
Doesn’t happen too often that we can watch something interesting. Very disappointing!

Cato January 17, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Left wing? I am a Democrat….and I LOVED it! Maybe Reelz Channel will pick up the entire 8 episodes…..

Bob Jones January 17, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I was just commenting to my wife why wasn’t the show on last night , then I find
out it was cancelled after 2 episodes. Wtf. was my reaction you’ve got to be kidding
me. You finally get a series on based on a true story,I couldn’t wait the watch
and you pull the plug. Very disappointed with the networks decision.

Amy January 17, 2014 at 6:52 pm

The owe it to us to release it somewhere. Loved this show.

Rich January 17, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Excellent, intelligent show. Must be why the empty suits at ABC cancelled it.
WTF!

Sara January 17, 2014 at 4:46 pm

I was so looking forward to this mini-series. It sucks I went to watch on Thursday night and couldn’t find it. I missed the showing on 1/9 because of traveling but as soon as I got to the hotel linked into my comcast dvr to watch.

so disappointing– bring it back!!!!

larry January 17, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I believe this to be the left, left wing of Hollywood and mindless
low information viewers for the cancellation of this show.

HectorPA January 17, 2014 at 11:08 am

It seems that the children in Daddy’s suits who occupy the front offices of ABC, NBC, and CBS are not mature enough to show programming that requires actual thought and paying attention. Not all of us have the attention span of fleas, but these “execs” obviously pander to the lowest possible denominator : the low mentality “reality” and sitcom viewers. Like another commenter here, I don’t watch ABC at all due to their obsession with crap but I was really captivated by this series since I was following the Ames debacle as it happened years ago. It’s a part of our history, and if these tone deaf suits can’t raise the bar even a little, count me out — forever.

channonrae January 17, 2014 at 10:24 am

Very disappointed! You finally have a program making you think and BOOM! it gone.
BRING IT BACK.

eugenio m. santiago January 17, 2014 at 9:47 am

I’m still in shock. I assume the other shows had been filmed already, so why not show them? Replacing them with reruns of shark crap (I refuse to watch reality shows – have too much respect for writers) doesn’t make sense. Star Trek had lousy ratings at the beginning and se how much they lasted. They should remove the hair trigger from these executives and replace them with people with brains (like those who watched this show).
As a consolation, try watching “Aldrich Ames: Traitor Within”, a fine 1998 tv film with Timothy Hutton.

sam January 17, 2014 at 9:08 am

I was very surprised to find the assets cancelled. I really enjoyed the first two episodes and would like to see the whole series picked up on Netflix on line for streaming. it’s too good to be left undone.

Orlando January 17, 2014 at 7:49 am

When I finally thought that someone came to their sense, they didn’t even give this series a chance. This is U.S. History, not fiction! I was waiting eagerly for the next episode and today I find out it’s been pulled off. What a shame….
Mini-series like these are a much better option than the senseless realty TV shows we’ve been shoved done our throats.
Please bring this show back!!!!

rebecca January 17, 2014 at 6:14 am

I think it sucks that the Assets is being so quickly terminated. I thought it was very well done and was looking forward to seeing it in its entirety :( this blows!!

alan asbridge January 17, 2014 at 3:01 am

i hope the assets gets released onto dvd