The Assets: Canceled Episodes Coming — Someday

The Assets: canceled episodesAt the recent Television Critics Association press tour, ABC Entertainment Group President Paul Lee reflected on cancelled mini-series The Assets.

He said that he was proud of The Assets creatively and as a business model, even though the ratings were a disappointment. “That one was actually a great experiment [with our news division] and we’re going to continue with that experiment even though the show didn’t work.”

Lee noted that, “In the end, what we need do as we test out different pieces [of programming] is to find ones that work both financially and creatively so that we can have programming the whole year-round.”

The network president also said that the remaining episodes of The Assets would be made available at some point in the future — either on the broadcast schedule or via one of ABC’s digital platforms like ABC.com.

What do you think? Are you open to watching limited series — even though the network may still pull them early? Would you like to see the rest of The Assets?

137 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Joe D says

I think the show is underrated by the ignorant public. This show deserves to be broadcast. Why can a network waste viewers time by not showing all of the series?

2. pete says

As always TV series/ mini series of true quality and worth never last long in this age of Facebook, twitter, Miley Cyrus!!! If twerking then it’s good, everyone one watches stuff like that — which has no value, no benefit to the human race…. in all honesty it is just filth!!!
    And then you have shows like 2 and half men!!!, The Crazy Ones!!! Robin Williams should be ashamed… truly quality wise very far from Mork & Mindy!!!! As for 2 & half men another filthy show!!! And they cancel The Assets a series based on true facts, the cold, how the Us intelligence had to fight the KGB… Truly a very sad shame the quality of the viewers in the states!!! I hope they can still read!

3. Floyd Mac says

I do not understand TV programing. A great show like this one cannot draw an interested audiance? Because of what is currently aired on network stations, we watch less tv. And what we do watch mostly on Discovery, Nature, NatGeo, etc.
    Hopefully, the remaining episodes of Assets will be available to us.

4. says

I am so upset that I was only able to watch episode 1 and 2. The rest are nowhere to be found. The series was great and find that my vested time was wasted because some idiot decided to cancel the series. I find myself wAtching less and less programming from the standard channels and more from premium channels. They are more committed to their series.

5. David G says

Well of course a truly adult show is no longer available. Don’t you know what ABC stands for? Already Been Cancelled…

6. Renee Divine says

Was the cancellation due to any kind of outside pressure on ABC? Say, our agency shown to be weak at a time when the Snowdon/NSA revelations are stirring things up in the population? Yes, I want to see ALL of the episodes.

7. Cheryl P says

I am so very very tired & frustrated of networks pulling shows off the air so quickly! Please give people a chance to watch at least a season of a new show before pulling the plug. Seems in the last 5 years networks give up too easily on new programming. It has gotten to the point that I refuse to watch ANY new programming until I see if a network has the fortitude to stay with an idea for longer than 30 days! Soon the plug is going to be pulled on the TV completely.

8. Katherine Vaughan says

Loved the show, and am sorry it was canceled. Hope it is picked up and broadcast in its entirety someday….

9. Donna says

Last night I searched one last time for Assets before resolving that it had been canceled. UNBELIEVABLE ! I had great hopes that a trend was beginning toward quality programming and was recommending Assets to all my family and friends. I hope that you will give it another try (consider an earlier time slot on Saturday evenings?) and preface each commercial for its return with, “ABC’s mini-series, Assets, returns! Back by popular demand! The ABC Network responds to pleas from its viewing audience.” Maybe that will help generate more interest.

10. Julie Davis says

We absolutely loved the show, please make the episodes available. We are distraught that they cancelled the programs. It was wonderful to witness actual historical facts that affected not only our country but had world wide ramifications!!

11. Cindy McDonald says

Wow! We get a great drama and then sinks because the idiots are watching the pathetic reality and/or crime programs. I like a little “meat” in my programs!