The Assets

The Assets TV seriesNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Eight (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 2, 2014 — August 3, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Paul Rhys, Jodie Whittaker, Harriet Walter, Stuart Milligan, Julian Ovenden, Christina Cole, and Ralph Brown.

current TV show

TV show description:
This drama is based on the real life events of CIA counter-intelligence officer Sandy Grimes (Jodie Whittaker). The story takes place in 1985 during the end of the Cold War.

Sandy and her partner Jeanne Vertefeuille (Harriet Walter) have vowed to find the mole that would turn out to be the most notorious traitor in US History, Aldrich Ames (Paul Rhys). Sandy is in a race against time to save the Soviet intelligence officers from being caught and killed.

Also a beautiful wife and mother, Sandy lives her own double life and has vowed to stop at nothing until she uncovers the truth.
space

Series Finale

Episode #8 — Avenger
Despite the task force being fully convinced of Ames’ guilt, Sandy seeks more definitive proof to convince the Justice Department to proceed with their own investigation. As the hunt closes in on Ames, Sandy’s commitment to the job pushes her husband’s patience and commitment to the brink. After Ames is finally caught and brought to justice, he mulls over a major decision — to go down defiantly or to confess and protect his wife and child. (Courtesy ABC)
First aired: August 3, 2014

space
What do you think? Do you like the The Assets TV series? Do you think it should have been renewed for another season?

Helen hanley July 29, 2014 at 12:47 am

This is a powerful series about an actual CIA mole. We need more of this genre and less fluff, keep it coming. We need enlightenment and encouragement to think. This story makes you put your iPhone down. Please do not cancel, promote!

Joyce July 29, 2014 at 12:06 pm

I totally endorse the comments of others who have praised the ASSETS series. This is where TV does tremendous service in revealing true stories without the fluff!
Too much JUNK has taken over current television. Because of this we have looked to BBC and other areas for valuable entertainment and use of our viewing time.

Hopefully ABC will become wise ~~ there ARE intelligent people out here craving for worthwhile shows!!

Nina July 28, 2014 at 8:35 pm

It amazes me that the ABC buried this fine series. Not all of us want to watch Survivor or The Bachelorette.

Ed VaBch July 28, 2014 at 8:33 pm

One of the best shows to come along in a very long time and its cancelled?? We are a garbage TV society…simpletons rule I guess.

Mary July 28, 2014 at 3:26 pm

For the Life of me I cannot understand ABC’s cancellation of a series that is so important to the American people. All of us who lived through this period of time with Aldrich Ames would like to have the younger generation understand what can happen in our country if we aren’t paying attention. I can’t help wondering what it is that ABC feels an obligation to cancel this show. Something in the show? Has our government asked ABC not to air it? What?

John L July 28, 2014 at 8:07 am

Intellectually stimulating… do not cancel.

blgarth July 27, 2014 at 6:53 pm

This show is fantastic! Please reconsider cancellation! Otherwise how about sending it to Hulu Plus or Netflix to run so people can continue to enjoy this fine program!

susan yarmuchi July 26, 2014 at 5:53 pm

\\\please DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!

Retired E8 July 25, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Lexi, is July 25th the first Sunday airing? Thanks for the info!

lexi July 25, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Yes, this sunday the 27th and next sunday should end the season with the final four……. enjoy!

Retired E8 July 25, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Thank you so much!

Retired E8 July 25, 2014 at 3:27 pm

One of the best and most interesting shows on television ….. please finish airing the last couple of episodes!

Lee July 25, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Don’t cancel, I started to really get into it……..give it a chance.

lexi July 25, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Lee and other fans,, ABC is showing the last episodes on Sunday’s. they are doing two shows each sunday. I live on the east coast and they are on at 4 & 5 pm.

Kerri July 23, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I really enjoyed this show. It should be renewed. It’s one of the few shows on TV actually watching.

donna wins July 20, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Come on. Give the show a chance. How many show don’t get off to a very good and end up being really good.

teresa July 19, 2014 at 10:14 am

loved the show

Barbara Forester July 17, 2014 at 9:56 pm

My husband and I have enjoyed Asset very much and the history it gives us we all could learn from. Please bring the Asset Series back. This drama is worth the time watching. Please let us know when the rest of the series will be shown. thank you.

Ulana Ratley July 15, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I was so happy to see the series come back. Then I was disappointed to find it missing on Sat. night on ABC. “The Mistresses” was in its place. What an awful show to replace an historical TV drama.
I am now reading SAFE HOUSE by Edward Lee Howard to get his side of the story. He attended my high school and was one of my brother’s best friends. Ed even visited my home in the 1960s. I really wanted to see the entire series. Please show the rest of the series.

lexi July 28, 2014 at 3:29 pm

The final two episodes of this mini series are on this sunday. so thankful that ABC decided to show the entire story!