The Assets

The Assets TV seriesNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Eight (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 2, 2014 — August 3, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Paul Rhys, Jodie Whittaker, Harriet Walter, Stuart Milligan, Julian Ovenden, Christina Cole, and Ralph Brown.

TV show description:
This drama is based on the real life events of CIA counter-intelligence officer Sandy Grimes (Jodie Whittaker). The story takes place in 1985 during the end of the Cold War.

Sandy and her partner Jeanne Vertefeuille (Harriet Walter) have vowed to find the mole that would turn out to be the most notorious traitor in US History, Aldrich Ames (Paul Rhys). Sandy is in a race against time to save the Soviet intelligence officers from being caught and killed.

Also a beautiful wife and mother, Sandy lives her own double life and has vowed to stop at nothing until she uncovers the truth.

Series Finale:
Episode #8 — Avenger
Despite the task force being fully convinced of Ames’ guilt, Sandy seeks more definitive proof to convince the Justice Department to proceed with their own investigation. As the hunt closes in on Ames, Sandy’s commitment to the job pushes her husband’s patience and commitment to the brink. After Ames is finally caught and brought to justice, he mulls over a major decision — to go down defiantly or to confess and protect his wife and child. (Courtesy ABC)
First aired: August 3, 2014

What do you think? Do you like the The Assets TV series? Do you think it should have been renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

222 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Helen hanley says

This is a powerful series about an actual CIA mole. We need more of this genre and less fluff, keep it coming. We need enlightenment and encouragement to think. This story makes you put your iPhone down. Please do not cancel, promote!

• Joyce says

I totally endorse the comments of others who have praised the ASSETS series. This is where TV does tremendous service in revealing true stories without the fluff!
      Too much JUNK has taken over current television. Because of this we have looked to BBC and other areas for valuable entertainment and use of our viewing time.

Hopefully ABC will become wise ~~ there ARE intelligent people out here craving for worthwhile shows!!

2. Nina says

It amazes me that the ABC buried this fine series. Not all of us want to watch Survivor or The Bachelorette.

3. says

For the Life of me I cannot understand ABC’s cancellation of a series that is so important to the American people. All of us who lived through this period of time with Aldrich Ames would like to have the younger generation understand what can happen in our country if we aren’t paying attention. I can’t help wondering what it is that ABC feels an obligation to cancel this show. Something in the show? Has our government asked ABC not to air it? What?

4. blgarth says

This show is fantastic! Please reconsider cancellation! Otherwise how about sending it to Hulu Plus or Netflix to run so people can continue to enjoy this fine program!

5. Retired E8 says

One of the best and most interesting shows on television ….. please finish airing the last couple of episodes!

• lexi says

Lee and other fans,, ABC is showing the last episodes on Sunday’s. they are doing two shows each sunday. I live on the east coast and they are on at 4 & 5 pm.

6. Kerri says

I really enjoyed this show. It should be renewed. It’s one of the few shows on TV actually watching.

7. donna wins says

Come on. Give the show a chance. How many show don’t get off to a very good and end up being really good.

8. Barbara Forester says

My husband and I have enjoyed Asset very much and the history it gives us we all could learn from. Please bring the Asset Series back. This drama is worth the time watching. Please let us know when the rest of the series will be shown. thank you.

9. Ulana Ratley says

I was so happy to see the series come back. Then I was disappointed to find it missing on Sat. night on ABC. “The Mistresses” was in its place. What an awful show to replace an historical TV drama.
    I am now reading SAFE HOUSE by Edward Lee Howard to get his side of the story. He attended my high school and was one of my brother’s best friends. Ed even visited my home in the 1960s. I really wanted to see the entire series. Please show the rest of the series.

• lexi says

The final two episodes of this mini series are on this sunday. so thankful that ABC decided to show the entire story!