The Assets

The Assets TV seriesNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Eight but six unaired (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 2, 2014 – January 9, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Paul Rhys, Jodie Whittaker, Harriet Walter, Stuart Milligan, Julian Ovenden, Christina Cole, and Ralph Brown.

current TV show

TV show description:
This drama is based on the real life events of CIA counter-intelligence officer Sandy Grimes (Jodie Whittaker). The story takes place in 1985 during the end of the Cold War.

Sandy and her partner Jeanne Vertefeuille (Harriet Walter) have vowed to find the mole that would turn out to be the most notorious traitor in US History, Aldrich Ames (Paul Rhys). Sandy is in a race against time to save the Soviet intelligence officers from being caught and killed.

Also a beautiful wife and mother, Sandy lives her own double life and has vowed to stop at nothing until she uncovers the truth.
space

Series Finale

Episode #8
The last episode hasn’t aired yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the The Assets TV series? Do you think it should return for another season?

Candace Umunna February 14, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I can’t believe after 2 episodes this great series has been cancelled. Finally a great show from abc and you couldn’t wait a bit longer to see if others would be interested!

History and no one is interested?

Sam February 13, 2014 at 11:41 am

Is it possible to purchase the videos, I really enjoyed the show and am very disappointed that it was cancelled.

Felix February 12, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Disappointed , ABC YOU MADE A MISTAKE STILL TIME TO SAVE THIS SHOW.

Katherine wimmet February 12, 2014 at 8:53 am

You give us a taste of some good television then just take it away. At least you could but it on netflix or something so we could finish it.

brian Powell February 12, 2014 at 3:14 am

I am very disappointed The Assets is cancelled. I thought it was very compelling.

STEPHEN ZUSSMAN February 12, 2014 at 12:07 am

I only saw the first episode and found it very well written and enteraining . The show was very educational.ABC has a way with taking a quality show and not giving that show a chance to develope. I realize that TV is a business and the bottom line is important but ABC should give a show of this caliber a chance.

Sid the Kid February 10, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Perhaps it was the huge amount of commercials.

Paula February 6, 2014 at 1:02 pm

You have got to be kidding!!! After having us choose between one reality show or another you cancel a show that has REAL meaning and truth?! Grow some balls and let the viewers choose what they want to see for a change. Not just something that makes you money. Remember we now pay for digital TV or pay for a box to receive even regular channels.

Desmond February 5, 2014 at 5:18 pm

What in the world…. ABC cancelled yet another show that had a good plot. It was not on of those shows that makes you not want to watch TV anymore. People don’t want to see reality shows all the time. At least give people the option to watch it on line.

Deborah February 4, 2014 at 11:40 am

What the heck, I was just getting into the show and you cancel it? Your acting just like NBC and not even giving shows a chance!!! What are replacing it with, reruns? Oh that’s a novel idea!!! There was only eight shows, what’s so important that you can’t even show the other 6 shows. You could at least move it to Saturday so we could find out how the show ends.

Carol February 3, 2014 at 10:24 pm

What the heck ABC? I would like to see the remaining shows at least!

Rex February 3, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I enjoyed the first two episodes. Let’s see the last ones. The show is as good or better than other current shows.

Primadonna February 3, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Disappointed this was pulled! If all eight (8) episodes were taped then why not air them in their entirety? I guess the subject matter was too negative from a political standpoint given the current political arena!

john February 3, 2014 at 4:26 pm

ABC is cancelling everything without giving them a chance to develop an audience STUPID

gypsy February 2, 2014 at 9:23 pm

I’m disappointed. I hadn’t watched/followed an ABC series in a number of yrs. This season I came back for Assets and S.H.I.E.L.D. I’ll stick w/the Marvel entry and this seems par for the course, w/abc, JUNK tv.