The Beautiful Life: CW Cancels Mischa Barton Series after Two Episodes

The Beautiful LifeWell, that didn’t take long. The CW network has cancelled their new drama, The Beautiful Life, after just two airings.

Co-produced by Ashton Kutcher, The Beautiful Life revolves around a pair of teenagers who have just entered the cut throat world of high-fashion, secretive Raina Mayer (Sara Paxton) and farmboy Chris Andrews (Benjamin Hollingsworth). The series also stars Mischa Barton, Elle Macpherson, Ashley Madekwe, Nico Tortorella, and Corbin Bleu.

The series debuted last Wednesday to just 1.46 million viewers and a 0.7/2 rating/share in the 18-49 demographic. That put the premiere in last place for the hour and also represented a loss of almost 50% of the audience from lead-in America’s Next Top Model.

Should Beautiful Life have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

This week, the ratings for the second episode came in even lower. Beautiful Life drew only 1.09 million people and a terrible 0.5/1 in the targeted demographic. That represents a 60% loss of the lead-in audience. It was also beaten by a repeat of Magic’s Biggest Secrets Revealed on My Network TV.

To little surprise, the CW network has decided to cut their losses and cancel the drama. They’ve pulled it from the schedule effective immediately and production was shut down earlier today. According to THR, the cast and crew were in the midst of filming the seventh episode. The drama is the latest in a line series that have been paired with Top Model and failed.

For the immediate future, the network will try to generate more interest in struggling freshman series Melrose Place by airing repeats in Beautiful Life’s timeslot.

What do you think? Should the show have been cancelled? Is the series not worth watching or did the network miss an opportunity to make it work?

Sara July 16, 2011 at 3:10 am

I loved the beautiful life!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put it back!!!!!!

carline July 28, 2010 at 9:07 am

can yall please bring it back, it was very intersting and i loved those two episodes, i was really looking forward to watching the next episode but turens out there wasnt a next episode

Samantha April 12, 2010 at 6:50 pm

I personally loved this show! Even after only two episodes, I felt connected to the characters and drawn into the plot. It was definitely on its way to becoming one of my faveorite shows. CW needs to bring it back!!!!!! I cannot believe they cancelled it….

Kelly March 24, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Thinks that they should bring this show back cuz i love this show and so does alot of people out there and wanna watch more of it me and my girls are loving this show and really bummed out that they cancelled it so please bring it back i love The Beautiful Life

Alyssa March 24, 2010 at 4:45 pm

would love to see it come back this show is so awesome i love it please bring it back wanna watch more of it

Ann March 24, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I think it should come back to i love the show

kelly March 24, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Please bring it back i love this show

BIG FAN March 6, 2010 at 9:11 am

I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS. I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN EVERYONE TO WATCH IT! AT LEAST THE FIRST SEASON, SERIOUSLY? IT WAS VERY INTERESTING AND NOTHING ELSE WAS ON THE AIR LIKE THIS ONE, WITH THE FASHION AND ALL. I WISH I COULD HAVE SEEN WHERE THEY WERE GOING WITH THE STORY, THANKS :(

Anonymous February 25, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I really loved the beautiful life. I hate how the CW didn’t even give it a shot. They should at least of finished the first series!

A VERY CONCERENED TV LOVER February 14, 2010 at 8:34 pm

IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN CANCELLED! THE CW WERE COMPLETELY WRONG IN PUTTING IT IN TIMESLOT THEY KNEW NO ONE WAS GOING TO PAY ATTENTION TO! THEY EITHER SHOULD HAVE WAITED FOR THE OTHER SERIES TO GO OFF, OR PUT IT IN A DIFFERENT TIME SLOT! WHY MUST I MISS OUT ON A PERFECTLY GOOD SERIES JUST BECAUSE THE CW CAN’T GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER? THAT DOESN’T HELP ME OR ANYONE ELSE WHO LOVED THE FIRST TWO EPISODES AS MUCH AS I DID! IT NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS TO COME BACK ON THE AIR!

lindseylizabeth February 2, 2010 at 4:56 pm

melrose place is really stupid.

i hate it a lot. i happened to catch an episode of this, and fell in love !

it really should come back.

Anonymous February 9, 2010 at 12:06 pm