The Big Bang Theory

Big Bang TheoryNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 24, 2007 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, and Sara Gilbert.

TV show description:
Leonard Hofstadter (Johnny Galecki) and Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons) are best friends, roommates, and brilliant physicists at CalTech. They understand how the universe works but have little interest in the people around them.

That begins to change when an attractive young waitress and wanna-be actress, Penny (Kaley Cuoco), moves into the apartment across the hall. Leonard becomes immediately smitten with the free-spirited girl and tries to forge a relationship with her, much to the confusion and consternation of Sheldon.

The geniuses’ equally geeky coworkers are smarmy Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg) and Rajesh Koothrappali (Kunal Nayyar), an immigrant from India who finds it difficult to talk to most females.

Is the universe bigger than the scientists previously believed?

16 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. jan says

Big Bang Theory was one show that started out pretty safe to watch with your teens. I notice it has been declining lately, lets take it back to it’s original year without so much smut

2. Jane says

It will indeed, be a very sad day when The Big Bang Theory finally does air its series finale, which will likely be one of the Top 5 rated of all time, alongside M*A*S*H, Cheers and Friends. Sheldon’s interest of comic books and philosophizing will be missed, as will Howard’s Beatle haircut; Raj’s Indian heritage; Penny’s growth from her days as a struggling actress; Bernadette’s charming voice; and Amy’s intellectualism.

3. AW says

One of the best comedy shows on TV! The Big Bang Theory is just great all the way round. Very talented actors who seem to just be meant for each other. See hollywood, it is still possible to get good ratings without anyone stripping, being obscene or crude. You just need talented actors, good writers and a good director. I love this show!!!!

4. brooklyn schmitz says

every night i watch big bang thoery with my mom and dad and sister we laugh and giiggle i love the show were sheldon tries to play bball and sucks!!!! i still laugh about it

5. Gwenneth Steward says

Watched The Big Bag Theory as (I thought) a one-off to fill in a 1/2 hour.
    Man was I wrong!…Incredible production, directing, writing and last
    but not least…some of the finest acting on any sit-com today. The
    wacky five have me actually laughing out loud with each episode.
    Where did they find Jim Parsons ? A new face to me…How many
    takes to deliver that brilliant, convoluted dialog??
    Incredible cast…facially expressive… Love them all !!

6. Simone says

Sheldon is absolutely one of the best character talking about current sit-com. Obviously thanks to Jim Parsons.
    TBBT & HIMYM over all.

S.B. Roma, Italia.

7. Demented says

Big Bang Theory is by far my ALL TIME favorite sitcom.
    My only regret is that I can’t watch it while eating dinner or I’ll shoot milk out my nose! again, and again, and again. :)

8. Kathy says

I love it when Sheldon knocks on Penny’s door and repeats over and over “Penny, “Penny”, “Penny’, until she answers

9. Becky says

There are very few shows on TV worth watching but Big Bang Theory is the only show that I purposely sit down to watch. It’s funny and the chemistry between its stars is great. Please don’t cancel it.

10. Tina Hart says

I love this show! My 14 year old daughter and I watch it together!

There are so few that we both like! Please don’t cancel this show!