The Blacklist: NBC Series Gets Full Season Pickup

Blacklist TV show full seasonNBC has picked up The Blacklist for a full season of 22 episodes.

The TV series revolves around a high-profile fugitive, Red Reddington (James Spader), who mysteriously surrenders to the FBI. He agrees to help catch a “blacklist” of criminals but only if he’s partnered with FBI Special Agent Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone). The rest of the cast includes Harry Lennix, Diego Klattenhoff, Ryan Eggold, and Ilfenesh Hadera.

Airing on Monday nights in the post-Voice timeslot, The Blacklist has been averaging a 3.6 rating in the demo with 11.97 million total viewers. It’s the highest-rated scripted series on the network by far so the full seaosn pick up comes as no surprise.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that NBC has ordered more of The Blacklist? Do you think the ratings will hold up throughout the season — or will they fall like Revolution’s did last season?

Jean Gunter February 21, 2014 at 12:31 pm

TKANKS MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacquie December 2, 2013 at 3:52 pm

One of my all time favorite shows SO VERY GLAD IT IS HERE TO STAY. Best of the best.

Consuelo November 29, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I love the show, So I am so happy that will be a full season with 22 episodes!!!, Great show, Great casting and great argument.

james November 26, 2013 at 5:53 pm

While we like KEEFER SOUTHERLAND. Happy with JAMES SPADDER. When he says,”well good luck with that”. You know only he could win with that line

sandy November 25, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Terrific show, and I don’t even watch the voice, so that is not how I started watching blacklist.

LB October 7, 2013 at 10:53 am

So happy the show was picked up for the full season. Love James Spader – he’s the only reason why I tried the show out. And he’s awesome in this show! Plus so far I’m enjoying the story….

Rome October 5, 2013 at 7:19 am

I think Blacklist would have been a ratings winner regardless of where it was slotted. It’s the best network show of the Fall quality-wise. Spader is a God.

Jeremy Rynek October 4, 2013 at 8:50 pm

So, are they just gonna keep doing this now? Putting new shows right after the voice? Then once the lead in is out, they are just gonna sit back and watch the ratings crash? If Ironside was in it’s slot, it would have done a lot better than it did. So, it’s just like an energy boost, but once you take it out of the equation, it crashes down, so it’s worse than if the show didn’t have it in the first place. Just saying, but come May, or maybe even next year, they are gonna disappoint a lot of people.

admin October 4, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Well, I’m sure they’re hoping that people will like the shows enough without the huge lead-in. I think Blacklist has more broad appeal than Revolution so it has a better chance of surviving without The Voice. Chicago Fire was doing pretty well on its own last season so hopefully new post-Voice viewers will stick with it. I think NBC is being pretty smart about how they’re using The Voice. If a show can’t survive after being given a whole season with a monster hit as a lead-in, does it really deserve to be on the schedule?