The Blacklist: Will It Tank Without The Voice?

The BlacklistIs The Blacklist a ratings hit or just lucky for having a reality show powerhouse as a lead in? Looks like we’ll find out in January.

Tonight marks The Blacklist’s fall finale but the James Spader series will be back in January. For the first time however, it will air without the benefit of having episodes of The Voice as a lead-in.

A marathon of three Blacklist reruns will air on January 6th. Then, three new installments will run on January 13th, 20th and 27th — behind a two-hour American Ninja Warrior special and pairs of original episodes of Hollywood Game Night.

February 3rd will be filled with Hollywood Game Night and a Sports Illustrated swimsuit special and then Olympics coverage takes over after that.

What do you think? Do you think this is a good idea? Will The Blacklist continue to do well or will the ratings see a significant decline?

david brown December 9, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I don’t care for reality shows but am hooked on The Blacklist. With James Spader portraying a semi Anthony Hopkins Hannibal Lector character and the who is the father issue, this show is refreshing and well written.Imagine that in a TV series. Also there are superior supporting actors to Spader.
The Blacklist is unique, exciting and “Something to look forward to” TV.
It will do great on its’ own!

CK December 4, 2013 at 10:47 pm

I really think The Voice and The Blacklist have two very different audiences. Blacklist fans won’t notice The Voice not being there. However, I am not thrilled with the Olympics interruption. A choppy second half of the season can cause some fans to forget about the show.

Jennifer December 3, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I agree with everyone else here. I have never watched The Voice as I despise “reality” programming. Never will watch any of it. The Blacklist, however, I will not miss that show every week. It truly is the best offering NBC has given us in years and years. It’s smart, well-written and brilliantly acted. James Spader is at his finest here. I think The Blacklist will definitely be able to survive not having The Voice as a lead-in. It will survive just fine.

Baylady December 3, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I don’t watch the voice but watch Blacklist religiously by DVR. I think it will hold it’s own well. I know a few other people who do the same. Love James Spader, what a great character.

Why Watch December 3, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I’ve never watched the Voice, but have seen every episode of the Blacklist. What comes on before or after a show has no bearing on what I watch. Turning the channel is not that difficult these days.

MK December 3, 2013 at 11:20 am

I don’t give a flying fig about The Voice but watch The Blacklist every week. It just keeps getting better and better. This whole “lead in” concept is so mid 20th century. There may be a few folks who don’t use some kind of DVR left in the country, but for most of us, when a show actually airs is irrelevant. You record what you like and you watch it when you want to.

Sam December 3, 2013 at 8:40 am

I only ever see about 5 minutes of The Voice while waiting for The Blacklist to come on. I’m psyched they’re not making us fans wait until the end of February or beyond to get some new episodes. I need my Red fix…gotta luv James Spader’s performance; the man is a genius.

Benji December 3, 2013 at 5:22 am

I think the blacklist is a very good show And has an audience ThatComesBack ToWatch It Every Week BecauseThey Wanna See MorE. Not Just Because The Voice Is On before So Let’s Just Watch The SHoW After Too. I Think There Might Be A Small Decline But NotHing Huge I Think NBC Has An Awesome Hit SHow OneThat I Look Forward To Every WeEk! Plus Only Going On A Christmas And New Year Hiatus Will Help. WhenYou See Big Decline In viewership Is When YouGo On Break In December And Don’t Come Back Till MaRch! (FlashForward, Revolution)

Todd December 3, 2013 at 4:17 am

I never watch the voice, but love this show

vp44 December 3, 2013 at 3:22 am

I, love the Voice, and the Blacklist too, so what’s the problem? Why do they make such a big deal out of everything.

Stacy December 2, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Don’t watch The Voice. Only the last few seconds as I get ready to watch The Blacklist. It is AWESOME on its own

Amy December 2, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I don’t watch The Voice either. I will watch The Blacklist whenever it is on!

Annie December 2, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Wouldn’t make any difference to me……I don’t watch the voice…..I love to watch Blacklist, though!!!

Rose December 3, 2013 at 5:35 am

I don’t ever watch any of the singing shows, so NO it won’t matter to me. The Blacklist is one of the best programs on right now.