The Blacklist

Blacklist TV show on NBC: canceled or renewed?Network: NBC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 23, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: James Spader, Megan Boone, Harry Lennix, Diego Klattenhoff, Ryan Eggold, and Ilfenesh Hadera.

TV show description:
Raymond “Red” Reddington (James Spader) is a former government agent but has been one of the FBI’s most wanted fugitives for decades. Known as “The Concierge of Crime,” he has brokered shadowy deals for criminals across the globe.

Things take a strange turn when he mysteriously surrenders to the FBI with an unusual offer. He offers to help catch a long-thought-dead terrorist named Ranko Zamani — under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth “Liz” Keen (Megan Boone). Liz is a rookie FBI profiler with seemingly no connection to the master criminal.

Zamani is only the first of many on a list that Red has compiled over the years. He has a “blacklist” of politicians, mobsters, spies and international terrorists. He will help authorities catch them all — with the caveat that Liz will continue to work as his partner. He’ll teach her to think like a criminal and to “see the bigger picture” — whether she wants to or not.

Naturally, these events concern Liz’s associates like FBI Assistant Director Harry Cooper (Harry Lennix), FBI agent Donald Ressler (Diego Klattenhoff), and her husband Tom (Ryan Eggold), an easygoing guy who has a few secrets of his own.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the sound of The Blacklist TV series? Do you think it will be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

116 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ken says

My favorite show of all the networks. Each week is filled with action and drama with out being gory like so many have turned to. People helping people and having to hide from the law while using a sophisticated computer system to help them. Total excitement.

2. marie claxon says

I like the Blacklists I hope that you will keep it on., I also liked the Nci Miami and New York. Every time I like a show it gets cancelled. But you keep stupid shows on.

3. Lucas says

Great show, that pulled you in from the pilot episode! It’s definitely edge of your seat viewing if your into an intelligently written suspense thriller that keeps you thirsting for more. I hope it remains that way and doesn’t hit a wall…like the last couple of “24” seasons! Please keep it fresh and I look forward to the vision. Loved the scene in the “Mako Tanida” episode where Red takes a moment to throw snowballs. Hahaha…in the midst of chaos the inner child comes out in Red! James Spader and his knack for playing out there characters, is tailor made for this role. NBC has got to know they have a hit.

4. Jerry says

A great show! One of two I always make sure I watch, the other being Justified which I understand is being cancelled… bad move, it’s still got high ratings and plenty of plot left in it.

5. Teri says

This is an amazing show. Please keep it going! James Spader is at his very best and the story lines are captivating. I am sometimes on the edge of my seat whilst watching. I am a BIG FAN of this show and there is nothing like it out there. Hope to watch for many more seasons!

6. Marie says

By far the BEST show on TV right now. It was renewed after just 2 episodes, yeah, unbelievable. Spader is at his best ever! Damn, this man can really act, unbelievable role he plays. Don’t worry folks, this one is here to stay. # 1 show on NBC so no worries!! It is so great, fast paced, so many twists and turns, great cast and acting, just neverending on what’s going to happen next. So many unanswered questions makes it so unpredictable and intriguing!! I love it!! Once again, BEST show ever!!

7. Linda Duncan says

BLACKLIST . . . love this show . . . best new show of the season !!!! I was expecting to see the show last night and was very disappointed to see a piece of crap in it’s place called “Believe” . . . I certainly hope Blacklist hasn’t been cancelled that would be a major
    network goof !!!!

8. Judy says

I love this show especially the suttle hints each week that make you wonder the relationship between Elizabeth and Red. James Spader is absolutely brillant in his role. Great new show.

9. Mark says

This is one new show that I have really enjoyed this year.
    The writing is strong with good plots and dialogue, the casting of James Spader was inspired, but the whole cast deserves credit with particular mentions going to Megan Boone as Lizzie and Diego Klattenhoff as Ressler, both of whom can hold your attention even with “Red” chewing the scenery.
    Glad to see the drop in audience from losing the Voice as a lead in wasn’t as significant as it may have been, relieving any doubts about the shows immediate future.
    Finally I was very happy to hear of the early(ish) renewal for season 2 and would like to congratulate Jon Bokenkamp, his team and whole crew on providing a real (and rare) treat with this show.

10. G says

Love this show. It is as good as anything I’ve seen in a long long Time. Excellent writing and acting. Don’t screw it up. It’s awesome.

11. Beth says

No! Do Not Cancel!! Its the most interesting show on television. Please keep this terrific show on for all of us. I know I’m not the only one.

12. says

My wife and I really like this show. Very different than the usual TV series genre, it pulls you in, is interesting, good plots, etc. We look forward to each episode and can’t wait til Jan. 13th renewal. We wish it were on earlier, but understand the violence dictates a late time slot. So we DVR it. Please don’t cancel the series! MJB.

13. chris says

BEST show on tv, no question ! First show to catch my interest in a long time – Spader is phenomenal – we don’t miss an episode.

• Bobbie says

I read this AM that the finale will air either the 3rd or the 13th of January 2014…then the Olympics would block out the month of February…
      If your info is correct we are at a loss…
      Cannot understand what happened unless the viewership was not in the numbers that the Producers of the series wanted to see…or perhaps the story-line was compromised…James Spader is a respected actor as are others in the series…doubt if they would have willingly walked away from this blockbuster…