The Bletchley Circle: Season Two Starts April 13th

Bletchley Circle season twoFans of The Bletchley Circle have got quite awhile to wait before they can see season two. PBS has announced that the second season will debut on April 13th at 10pm. There are just four episodes and the finale will air on May 4th.

The Bletchley Circle follows four ordinary women (Anna Maxwell Martin, Rachael Stirling, Sophie Rundle, and Julie Graham) who have the extraordinary ability to break codes. They honed this skill during World War II when they worked undercover at Bletchley Park, site of the United Kingdom’s main decryption establishment. Following the war, the women use their code-breaking abilities to solve crimes in post-war London.

What do you think? Did you watch the first season? Do you plan on checking out season two?

Chris April 21, 2014 at 12:59 am

I love this show & have been told it is not being renewed. Am very disappointed as it is
Very well written as well as educational and enlightening. Hope that Anna Maxwell
Returns as she is my favorite. My husband is now watching and likes it as well. Please
Renew!!!!

Anthony March 17, 2014 at 3:31 am

This is truly an exceptional show. The four actresses portray their characters with such realism and authenticity that one grows attached to them. Kudos to the writers, directors, and production staff. I felt like I was losing four friends when Season One ended. So glad to have them back. Can’t wait until April.

Janel March 16, 2014 at 10:22 pm

I loved it ad will be watching the ew season.

Kit March 15, 2014 at 3:02 am

I love this show. These women are terrific characters. The only bad news is 4 episodes aren’t enough.

Marty February 24, 2014 at 12:04 am

We just planned a season 1 party of Blechley Circle. So that everyone to be caught up for season 2. As we were having a Downton Abbey final episode party, with a 5 course meal including wine with for each course. Thank god for dishwashers…

Fran January 27, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Great series…eagerly awaiting Season II.

Matthew January 24, 2014 at 11:10 am

This series is spectacular and I wish it could run forever. The story is original and the acting is fantastic. In America, a garbage series can run for years, yet this only gets seven episodes? The worst part is when I tried to find something similar on BBC America, the entire schedule was full of Star Trek: The Next Generation re-runs. Really? REALLY??? Is this punishment or what?

Rose January 23, 2014 at 11:02 am

Really enjoyed the first season and looking forward to season 2!

Dianne January 22, 2014 at 10:04 pm

SO glad this is coming back for another season and really hope that there are more. There is far too little good television that portrays women in strong positive roles. In addition a program that uses intelligence and fine acting to keep one interested rather than violence is a rarity. Please keep this sort of programming coming!

Deborah January 13, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I loved the first season and am looking forward to season 2.

Deborah Brown January 12, 2014 at 8:54 pm

It’s engrossing plotting, acting, and keeps one on the edge.
I don’t know why something this well constructed can’t even
last for 2 seasons.

When is Season 2 to be released? I’ve seen 2 dates.

Elisabeth December 20, 2013 at 3:54 pm

The Bletchley Circle is a well written show that not only tells a good story, but shows how women were treated not too long ago. And such shows serve as great examples for our children, who, when I point out what it was like in the early 80’s still a secretary, even an ivy leaguer, was considered a rather nice way of getting one’s foot in the door, as it were.
Today, thank you ladies and supportive gentlemen the glass ceiling is melting away, but as we know, glass melts at a very high temperature—takes a great deal of fuel, work that is! Please renew for a third season and more!

Deb Conover November 15, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Wonderful show, sure hope they give us more.

Kathi November 21, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I also love The Midwives and, especially, The Paradise.

Deb Conover November 22, 2013 at 8:36 am

I agree Call the Widwife is an excelant program. I have not seen The Paradise but I will look it up thanks.

Kathi November 22, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Find The Paradise on the PBS website. Between now and Dec 17 you can watch the entire Season 1. Let me know if you don’t find Emun Elliott, who plays John Moray, sexy and good looking, but also a wonderful actor.

baylou November 1, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Looking forward to series 2 very much. Follow developments at The Bletchley Circle Watchers fan site.

Kathi October 25, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I’m so glad this is returning!