The Bonnie Hunt Show: Daytime Talk Show Cancelled, No Season Three

The Bonnie Hunt Show canceledThe end is coming for The Bonnie Hunt Show after two seasons on the air. Hosted by actress and comedian Bonnie Hunt, the Warner Bros. syndicated show has been struggling in the ratings essentially since it debuted.

The series has stayed on the air for two seasons mainly because NBC-owned stations had made a two-year deal. Warners could have pulled the plug last spring but instead showed faith and hoped that ratings would improve. Now that the agreement is coming to an end, so is The Bonnie Hunt Show.

Hunt reportedly gave the bad news to her staff on Monday morning but the cancellation wasn’t officially confirmed until last night.

By all accounts, the daytime series will remain in production and complete the season so there are lots of new episodes to come.

What do you think? Why did the show fail? Is there no room for more than a couple of daytime talk shows, like The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Oprah Winfrey Show? Or, is there something lacking in Hunt’s show?

Brenda October 13, 2010 at 3:12 pm

That totally sucks…I love Bonnie. Bring it back..That was a nice change from watching the other talk show that she was against in my area. She always made me laugh. Sad to see it go.

bill October 11, 2010 at 6:37 am

it’s more importand to have a show like E DE to satisfy the q-s

Barb October 7, 2010 at 5:47 am

I loved the show. It was clean, refreshing, smart and funny! I HATE the show they replaced Bonnie with. HORRID!!!
Bonnie you are great. I love your mom , your staff and I enjoyed your show every weekday.
Gods blessing to you and your family and staff.

Bonnie Fan! October 6, 2010 at 8:22 am

My daughter Meg works at a Pack n Ship, met Bonnie who told her she was off the air that week.
Meg told me and all I could do was be in grief.

Rosemary October 5, 2010 at 6:37 pm

I am a gardener and in the warm weather do not watch daytime TV, but in the winter I never turned the TV on till time for The Bonnie Hunt show, and the View. Probably many women are also working outside the home so that makes it difficult for them to watch, hard for me to believe that other shows on at the same time have better ratings.

Tricia October 5, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I am very upset about the Bonnie Hunt show being cancelled..I would always look forward to watching her show and then followed by Ellen..I think they both went together..Now there is this other show taking her spot and I am watching it for the first time now and it does not compare to the Bonnie Hunt show..She would always make me laugh and I loved her moms jokes..Now I have to find something else to do in that time slot lol..I miss you very much and I really hope 1 day u come back..

Sharyl October 5, 2010 at 5:25 am

The Bonnie Hunt show was GREAT and I do miss it. Bonnie you were the best. I even prefered your show over Ellen’s. Sorry, Ellen, you do have a good show but Bonnie had something your missing. I now turn off the TV when the guy comes on that is in her time spot. I watched him a couple times but he just doesn’t have it for me. Now, I clean instead of having a cup of coffee with Bonnie and her wonderful staff. I do hope you all come back.

Karen Konopasek October 4, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I think that the network made a big mistake, every morning if i had errands to do I would be sure that the record was on for her show. Bonnie always had a smile and always made me smile and giggle. Every time there is a good talk show on thats entertaining the networks say there wasnt enough people watching it, come on put bonnie back on

GJ October 3, 2010 at 5:19 pm

ONLY DAYTIME SHOW THE WIFE AND I WATCHED!!
HOW WERE THE RATING DETERMINED? OR WAS IT THE UNSAID-MONEY PROBLEM?

Arlene & Doug September 30, 2010 at 11:38 am

We watch Bonny every day,thought it was the best and funniest daytime show.We liked her comedy style ,the guests were always great.She was always down to earth with no phony comments to try to impress people.Her mother was always a great addition with her comical comments.We are saddened by her cancellation and the show “Nate” will never come close to replacing “The Bonny Hunt” show. Bring her back!

Kathy Wick September 28, 2010 at 9:34 am

I really miss The Bonnie Hunt Show !!! She showed so much compassion for people. She had great guests, and I loved her interaction with her crew. I loved when she talked to her mother Alice. They were so funny together. I wish this show could come back on !!!!

Cindy September 27, 2010 at 8:49 pm

I can’t believe the show is canceled. I’m shocked! Bonnie was so funny and very enjoyable to watch. She seems so down to earth and real caring person. What a shame. I was looking forward to watch her and I put on the tv and then I shut it off because she’s not on anymore. I’m so disappointed. I will miss her in the morning. She made me laugh when I didn’t feel well. She was something special.

jULIE September 25, 2010 at 10:53 am

NO! I cant believe I am just hearing this! I loved her show when I could catch it! shes the sweetest talk show host out there. That sucks.

Jorge September 23, 2010 at 8:42 am

I couldn’t agree with you more G. Jones. It was a great show and the videos shown during the show were indeed bonnie. One more great thing going to waste. That’s how the world deals with stuff today…good things go to disposal, bad ones are kept.

Anonymous September 23, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I agree was a great show i loved how she had her mom on the show too.

Gayle Jones September 21, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I was sad to find out this news. I also truly enjoyed switching the channel from Kathy Lee to Bonnie! Wow…didn’t see her show on this week while working in my office so thought i’d investigate. Sure enough, CANCELLED all over google. Bum deal. It is a great show!!

Karen Konopasek October 4, 2010 at 3:54 pm

There is got to be something that we all can do to get Bonnie back on air, what does everyone think, I think that maybe if we facebook and twitter it to all people who want bonnie back on it may happen