The Bridge: Season Two Ratings

The Bridge TV show on FXLast year, The Bridge had a strong start in the ratings but the numbers fell quite a bit over the course of the first season. Will the ratings improve in season two or will they get worse? Will it be renewed for season three or will this FX show be cancelled instead?

The Bridge revolves around the Mexican and American police detectives and their efforts to protect those along the Texas–Chihuahua border. The cast of this crime drama includes Demián Bichir, Diane Kruger, Matthew Lillard, Emily Rios, Ted Levine, and Thomas M. Wright.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

For reference: The first season of The Bridge averaged a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.5 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to locate so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Bridge TV show? Do you think that it should be renewed for a third season?

William Clay September 4, 2014 at 2:15 pm

I can’t believe what a heap of junk this season has been. They completely went away from the focus of the missing girls in mexico, brought in a bunch of characters no one cares about and made “Sonia” a complete loon. Exactly what has the Sonia character contributed this season? Getting naked with the brother of her sister’s killer? Huh? The entire show has lost direction and the writers need to be slapped.

Barbara August 30, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Yes definitely renew for a third season. This is very high quality show. I don’t think it has been sufficiently promoted – my friends and colleagues usually have never heard of it!! Thank you

Barbara DeHart August 30, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Yes definitely renew! Love it – it is a ver high quality show!

Georgia August 22, 2014 at 4:20 pm

In the beginning The Bridge was must watch TV. Am not giving up on this season though, but the storyline is so inconsistent this season and it seems they realized that in the past couple of episodes and did last minute edits…badly I might add…so much so that my husband and I have looked at one another and said, “Huh…what just happened????…hard to follow this season. Have rewatched many scenes to try and understand. I do like the characters and am hoping it improves. Hoping another season will tie up the loose ends not accomplished this season.

Mary Gilbert August 19, 2014 at 4:30 pm

The Bridge is the first show since Breaking Bad that I consider “must see tv.” I think it would be a mistake to cancel the show. They should take into consideration other demographics which include people who like a show hat isn’t spoon fed to you and predictable. Note to Neflix….if Fx cancels it, please pick it up!

Kathy Clark August 18, 2014 at 7:22 pm

I LOVE The Bridge. The story line and acting are superb! I hope it runs a third season. Ratings don’t mean a thing. The show is great just as it is. It’s unique and different from any other saga I’ve ever watched.

jerry price August 13, 2014 at 12:20 pm

There are just a few good shows I like and the bridge is one I really like. Please do not cancel.

Linda Hayes August 14, 2014 at 12:49 am

I agree with Jerry Price ~ Season 3 for sure and at least a few more after that…

Kathy Clark August 18, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I LOVE The Bridge. I would HATE to see it cancel. It deserves a third season. The story line and acting are superb! Ratings don’t mean anything. I like it just as it is.

snowdogmom July 31, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Normally agree about not counting on the 18-49 demo but this isn’t getting good Total viewer numbers either. I tried to watch it but it’s just to dark, violent, and don’t like the main character with her “issues”. A darker more violent Perception.

Macco July 25, 2014 at 3:37 am

The story line needs to be more intense , I like the show and will keep watching. Sonya needs to be more Jack Bauer like, kick some ass. Don’t cancel the show.

TheJorge July 24, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I agree that they should show the next age level demos as well. The show didn’t get any publicity about the second season start. They should promote it more aggresively and offer the first two show replays often so people can catch up.

Linda Hayes July 24, 2014 at 3:20 pm

I agree, so tired of the whole 18-49 age group making decisions for people who actually watch TV…Not saying people from that age group shouldn’t have a vote, but shows shouldn’t hinge on one age group imparticular….
Also agree on the insignifigant pro-mos….In oppose to Extant…I saw so many commercials for that show, I felt like I had already seen it….

Pablo July 20, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Yes, The Bridge should go for 3rd season.

Howard Lipsitz July 19, 2014 at 1:23 am

This show is not even close to the original “Bron/Broen” in terms of acting, intrigue and emotion. I tried to watch the first season of this Americanized version and was very disappointed. So excited that season three will air August 31, 2015.

Marcy Rose Lehman July 18, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Oh come on…… This is my favorite show……… the ratings suck…… the 18-49 group is
at the bars getting drunk………. check what the 30-65 group is doing and change the
ratings to what it really is………. just sayin’

Leona Anderson July 18, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I think there are MORE people OVER the age of 49 that should have a VOICE in these ratings…. you will find a big difference. AND people ARE aging !!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW

marsha louise July 18, 2014 at 9:50 am

I really liked season one but after 1.5 shows of season two I think I’ll stop recording it. It’s.. uh, trying too hard..introducing too many weirdos at the same time..something. The big headed tatooed unknown-foreign accented woman, coke bottle taxidermist along with cliched interagency struggles. Marco, I love ya but I think it was a one season wonder. Adios.

Linda Hayes July 18, 2014 at 12:06 am