The Cape: Watch the Season (Series?) Finale Online

The Cape finaleAs promised, NBC has released the 10th and probably last episode of The Cape as an “online exclusive.”

The Cape follows Vince Faraday (David Lyons), an honest cop who finds himself framed for a series of murders and presumed dead. Fueled by a desire to reunite with his family (Jennifer Ferrin and Ryan Wynott) and to battle the criminal forces that have overtaken their city, Vince becomes “The Cape” — a vigilante and his son’s favorite comic book superhero. Others in the cast include James Frain, Keith David, Summer Glau, Dorian Missick, Martin Klebba, and Vinnie Jones.

The NBC series struggled to get good ratings and is one of the lowest-rated scripted serieson the network. Though it hasn’t been officially cancelled yet, The Cape is very unlikely to be renewed for a second season. The series’ showrunner has already moved on.

On the positive side, though the show is off the air, NBC has released the last produced episode online. It’s called “Endgame” and the network describes it this way:

THE CAPE AND VINCE FARRADAY’S WORLDS COLLIDE AND HARD TRUTHS ARE REVEALED — Police Chief Marty Voyt (Dorian Missick) lands behind bars, in the hands of ARK Corporation, fearing he may receive the same fate as Vince (David Lyons). Attempting to learn more about Vince’s disappearance, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) takes on Marty’s case, and the impervious ARK Corporation, only to discover secrets of betrayal. The Cape’s double identity becomes blurred when Max (Keith David) and the carnival of crime attempt to protect Dana, Marty and his family.

What do you think? Does this satisfy you? Is this a good way to end the series? Why do you think The Cape didn’t catch on?

Darren Calhoun February 7, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I enjoyed watching The Cape. It was good clean entertainment. To not complete the show and leave viewers hanging was disappointing to say the least. My wife and I watched the whole series on Net Flix and were very sorry to not see “Justice” for the families and villains. Shame on the network for not finishing what was a good clean show. It took years for Star Trek to catch on…..maybe some day……

Travis October 22, 2012 at 9:50 am

I only found out about the show on Netflix .I believe with all of the networks ,good quality entertainment like this gets lost and people never get a chance to find out what types of entertainment are out there .this is one that certainly could have been a great hit if people only knew about it ! Although I feel the endgame’s episode was good it certainly did not conclude the series well.

James Cape September 23, 2012 at 1:48 am

Through the whole season I was waiting to see how The Cape gets back to his family and is happy, because that what all shows are right? BUT NO, I’m left extremly frustrated, knowing that watching the whole season was a huge waste of time! Thanks a lot NBC.

cape crusader April 22, 2012 at 9:27 pm

This was totally an awesome show with a horrible season finale. NBC should not exist anymore for cancelling and ending a show that way. It wasn’t even an ending. Hello NBC. What were u thinking? Oh that’s right, u weren’t. Very displeased with this network. These networks need to stop thinking about money and start thinking about doing the right thing, like the cape. Did they even watch their own show? They could’ve learned something.
makes me sick to see a good show cancelled. What does a show need to be like to be respected? I’m done with this. It’s making me sick just thinking about nbc’s stupidity.

Old Sarge March 4, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I too think it should not have been canceled , I never knew it was on TV . I found it on Netflix . I am a artist , I grew up drawing super heroes . This show was well done and well thought out . It’s just like NBC to do away with a show like this when we need something to take away the every day Bull crap .TV is suppose to be entertaining , why watch all that stupid reality drama . There is enough drama in our every day life with out watching some one else’s problems unfold on our TV sets .

phil canida December 13, 2011 at 4:36 pm

todays society needs superheros to look up too. not rap artist or vilolent teen pregnancy shows or movies i think with todays advances on life its was nice to finally see some good in telivision but im sure you cancelled it for another stupid singing reality show or stupid “follow a rich person around and watch them do drugs” reality drama

W. Roque November 18, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Watching a good series on NBC is no longer possible. This tv station does not deserve any loyal fans whatsoever. The worst station of all.

myriam June 27, 2011 at 2:05 am

Summer’s problem is simply she has been typecast as a “sci-fi genre goddess”, so she gets offered sci-fi shows. And she likes sci-fi so she takes them. But sci-fi on BROADCAST networks rarely work. She should do sci-fi only on CABLE networks where they have a better chance to survive. She should also switch out from sci-fi to an action show or drama for her next choice. Something like the role Gabrielle Anwar has on Burn Notice would be perfect.

C, SUMMERS October 8, 2011 at 11:31 pm

NBC SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THE CAPE ANOTHER TIME SLOT. ALSO, IT DIDN’T HAVE MUCH, BUT …. IT DIDN’T NEED ANY OF THE BAD LANGUAGE. (PARENTS I KNOW, AS WELL AS MYSELF DO NOT THEMSELVES (OR) THEIR KIDS HEARING IT). IN MY CASE, I MYSELF AS AN ADULT, ENJOYED THE SHOW BECAUSE IT WAS DIFFERENT. THE ACTING WAS GREAT BY THE ENTIRE CAST. I BELIEVE IF NBC HAD GOTTEN RID OF THE CIRCUS ROUTINE AFTER SEVERAL EPISODES, AND HAD THE CHARACTERS IN THE CIRCUS ADAPT TO A MORE BELIEVABLE ROLES, i STRONGLY BELIEVE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HIT SERIES. I RENTED THE ENTIRE SEASON AND WATCHED ALL OF IT IN ONE SITTING. AND TO NOT DO A FINALE SHOW ON TV WITH A
HAPPY ENDING FOR ALL TO SEE WAS REALLY A DISAPOINTMENT. SHAME ON YOU NBC.

George Estremera June 11, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Not a good way to end the series. I was afraid it would flop, and this was the result I was afraid of, though prepared for. None of it was fair.

Robbie May 28, 2011 at 8:47 am

This ending does not do the series justice – it should not have been cancelled!!

Andrew July 7, 2011 at 11:26 pm

i is very sad to see this show go…that should not have been the finale….maybe a mid..ali..ty …or something…..i need more : C