The Cape: Watch the Season (Series?) Finale Online

The Cape finaleAs promised, NBC has released the 10th and probably last episode of The Cape as an “online exclusive.”

The Cape follows Vince Faraday (David Lyons), an honest cop who finds himself framed for a series of murders and presumed dead. Fueled by a desire to reunite with his family (Jennifer Ferrin and Ryan Wynott) and to battle the criminal forces that have overtaken their city, Vince becomes “The Cape” — a vigilante and his son’s favorite comic book superhero. Others in the cast include James Frain, Keith David, Summer Glau, Dorian Missick, Martin Klebba, and Vinnie Jones.

The NBC series struggled to get good ratings and is one of the lowest-rated scripted serieson the network. Though it hasn’t been officially cancelled yet, The Cape is very unlikely to be renewed for a second season. The series’ showrunner has already moved on.

On the positive side, though the show is off the air, NBC has released the last produced episode online. It’s called “Endgame” and the network describes it this way:

THE CAPE AND VINCE FARRADAY’S WORLDS COLLIDE AND HARD TRUTHS ARE REVEALED — Police Chief Marty Voyt (Dorian Missick) lands behind bars, in the hands of ARK Corporation, fearing he may receive the same fate as Vince (David Lyons). Attempting to learn more about Vince’s disappearance, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) takes on Marty’s case, and the impervious ARK Corporation, only to discover secrets of betrayal. The Cape’s double identity becomes blurred when Max (Keith David) and the carnival of crime attempt to protect Dana, Marty and his family.

What do you think? Does this satisfy you? Is this a good way to end the series? Why do you think The Cape didn’t catch on?

Anonymous May 23, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I like the cape and u people are stupid for giving up on it!!! That just shows that u are a fricking Moran

Flora Tartaglia May 22, 2011 at 8:08 am

The Defenders is one of the best drama shows on TV. It is not too serious and has some humor with it. Very Original. DON’T TAKE IT OFF THE AIR AS THERE IS SO LITTLE TO WATCH ANYMORE………….

Glenn B May 9, 2011 at 5:50 pm

No way can you leave us hanging like this…..BRING BACK THE SHOW!!! I think another season and it would have captured more viewers, give it a chance at another time slot…whatever it is you have to do DO IT!! Im a 52 yr old male and my wife is 59 and we absolutely loved the show…

Kaycee May 5, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I absolutely love this show, if they don’t continue it in primetime at least they should make it into a free or low cost on demand, or something. I want to know what happens next.

Gloria DuVerney April 25, 2011 at 9:09 am

You cannot be serious. This is a brilliant show. Please bring it back as I loved it and looked forward to watching it.

Thanks from a British fan.

Anonymous April 23, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I thought it was a pretty good ending. I would love to see the show continue.

Laura Lee April 21, 2011 at 12:25 am

I’m completely at a loss for words over the poor reviews and ratings for the Cape. I loved the show from episode one and thought that I was watching a mini movie each week. Our culture has become so inundated with cheap, poorly scripted, reality shows that viewers have become accustomed to crass, low budget, predictable story telling. Who needs to think, analyze, or discuss plot lines when the producers have done it for you. The Cape was family friendly quality programming that set the bar for future shows. The cast, writers, and crew can, and should be very proud of the incredible work that they’ve managed to produce in this over saturated culture of the mundane and predictable.
Good Work everyone! I loved the show, and will miss feeling like I’m sitting front and center at the movies each week.

Andy April 10, 2011 at 3:55 pm

NBC! Really!? This was a great show. Just like SYFI cancelling “STARGATE UNIVERSE”! BIG MISTAKE! BOOOOOOOOOO

Eric April 7, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I didn’t like the way it ended i’ve seen every episode and enjoyed this show. It shouldn’t be cancelled

JoAnn April 5, 2011 at 11:23 am

It is hard to believe that The Cape has been cancelled!! It’s very entertaining, good story line not overly villiant, no sex scenes that are objectionable. It’s a pleasant surprise in this day and age when everything is so bad for kids and also for families to watch on tv. Bring it back !!! You have a lot of followers who would be very happy to see more and finish the series in the right way.
A big fan!!!

jimbi April 5, 2011 at 6:51 am

I can’t believe that this show is being canceled,while other crappy shows are still being aired,this proves that if u don’t have nudity or sex scenes you get canceled,people should learn to appreciate a good serie like the cape is.

Anonymous May 13, 2011 at 6:46 pm

agreed, the clean shows are the ones getting cancelled, there is nothing on for families anymore

Bree April 4, 2011 at 1:42 pm

The Cape was an amazing show. Great story line and cast. Hope they bring it back!!
Always sad to see great shows get chopped and replaced by average ones.

Steve B April 4, 2011 at 10:11 am

I agree with other posts that this should not have been one of the worst rated shows. It was showing more and more cohesion with the cast members, and the writers clearly had a long story line planned out that would allow the ‘Chess’ character to come back with a vengence-with his psychiatrist in collaboration. It is a shame that the network did not give this series more time to develop.

Eli April 1, 2011 at 6:38 pm

It is incomprehensible to me how The Cape can be the lowest-ranking scripted series. The set, the camera work, the story line–everything is way above the rest of the ever worse pack of predictable TV shows. A different league. PLEASE prove that this country still makes some sense and bring back this fantastic, enthralling show.

Lisa March 31, 2011 at 9:46 pm

How can they end this with so many loose ends?? I don’t feel satisfied, I feel even more frustrated. I hope they will do another episode to wrap up for us fans who have loyally followed the show- I think we are owed at least that!