The Carrie Diaries: Cancelled, No Season Three

Carrie Diaries season twoIt’s time to say goodbye to Carrie Bradshaw again. The Carrie Diaries has been cancelled by The CW after two seasons and 26 episodes.

The Carrie Diaries follows the experiences of young Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb) as she grows into the New York writer we know from Sex and the City. Others in the cast include Lindsey Gort, Austin Butler, Katie Findlay, Brendan Dooling, Ellen Wong, Freema Agyeman, Stefania Owen, Matt Letscher, and Chloe Bridges.

The series debuted early last year to a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million viewers. The ratings went up and down over the course of the season and the show could have easily been cancelled but The CW execs decided to stick with it.

Unfortunately, the second season premiere drew just half of the viewership of the series debut some 10 months earlier. Year-to-year, Carrie Diaries dropped nearly 30% in the ratings. While expectations on Friday nights are lower, it seems viewership was just too low to justify the network ordering a third season.

The season (now series) finale aired on January 31st.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Carrie Diaries has been cancelled? Would you have renewed it for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

413 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Denise says

I can’t believe that they cancelled the show! I loved Sex and the City & loved this as well! Too bad they can’t at least do one more season. It’s sad to see so many good shows cancelled out – not only on the CW, but other stations as well. Hopefully another station will pick it up.

2. Eliza says

Omg this sucks!!!! I was hoping for a season 3 but noooo… ;-; I’m from the Netherlands by the way, you see what they did?! They even had viewers from Europe!!! I can’t believe they have canceled it :C

3. Anonymous says

cw cancel the tv show “The Game” and BET picked it up and gave us more seasons. So hopefully a better network will pick “Carrie Diaries” up. I love the show and just watch first season all over again on netflixs. I think HBO will be better now especially since she in the city now. bring on the Careers,SeX, Boys, Friends, how she started smoking and that dirty mouth of hers

4. Jileesa says

Oh come on man! Every time I like a show on cw that cancel the show. This is why every show gets canceled cause they cancel so many shows that nobody watches the channel anymore! GAH!

5. Zoe says

THE CARRIES DIARIES CAN’T BE OVER!!! This was my favorite show and it was a amazing one too! I’m so upset and will never watch CW tv again because that was the only show I liked.

6. Joy says

This news sucks!!! I loved loved loved this show.. The story was just building to something great.. Now we will never know what could be.

7. Michelle says

The carrie diaries is one of my favourite series! Can not believe they canceled it! There must be a season 3! I think there will be enough viewers from all over the world!

8. Aziza Prameswara says

i cant believe it got canceled, it was an amazing show with good values and awesome storyline. really dissapointed about this

9. lisa says

i thought it was a sweet and refreshing show and i’m sorry to hear that it won’t be returning :(

10. amy says

The Carrie Diaries is the most absolute amazing tv series I’ve ever watched! Im actually really heartbroken that it has been cancelled and I wish it would be renewed!!! there must be a season 3.