The Carrie Diaries: Season One Ratings

the carrie diaries The CW found a ratings hit this season with their Arrow TV show. Will The Carrie Diaries be another success story or will it be cancelled after one season, like Emily Owens, MD? We’ll have to wait and see.

The first season of The Carrie Diaries typically airs on Monday nights on The CW network. The are 13 episodes. The show stars AnnaSophia Robb, Stefania Owen, Ellen Wong, Katie Findlay, Chloe Bridges, Austin Butler, Brendan Dooling, Freema Agyeman, and Matt Letscher.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if The Carrie Diaries is going to be cancelled or renewed for season two.

UPDATE: The Carrie Diaries will return for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.14 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Monday, 04/08/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.00 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 0.45 in the demo with 1.14 million.

Episode 01-12: Monday, 04/01/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 0.87 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 0.46 in the demo with 1.16 million.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 03/25/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 0.83 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 0.47 in the demo with 1.18 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/18/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 0.99 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.48 in the demo with 1.22 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/11/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.03 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.49 in the demo with 1.24 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 03/04/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.10 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 0.50 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 02/25/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.00 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.51 in the demo with 1.29 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/18/13
0.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.08 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 0.53 in the demo with 1.34 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/11/13
0.5 in the demo (-29% change) with 1.20 million (-21% change).
Season averages: 0.56 in the demo with 1.39 million.

Episode 01-04: Monday, 02/04/13
0.7 in the demo (+40% change) with 1.51 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.57 in the demo with 1.44 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-03: Monday, 01/28/13
0.5 in the demo (0% change) with 1.38 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.53 in the demo with 1.42 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/21/13
0.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 1.27 million (-21% change).
Season averages: 0.55 in the demo with 1.44 million.

Episode 01-01: Monday, 01/14/13
0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million total viewers.
Season averages: 0.60 in the demo with 1.61 million.

It wasn’t a great debut for this new show. The ratings were mediocre at best and will likely drop lower in week two.

What do you think? Do you like the Carrie Diaries TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Korissa Ramirez March 21, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I absolutely LOVE this show!!!!!!

Nika March 21, 2013 at 8:26 pm

RENEWED I’M GONNA DIE IF THEY DON’T RENEW IT!! PLEASEEEEEEEEE WE ALL LOVE THE SHOWWW!!!

Monique March 20, 2013 at 11:35 am

I love this show!! Its a relief t be brought back in time where cellphones werent causing neck pain. A true romance and the innocence of gowing up. I think it shows the true fn in life as teenagers. Bring on renewal SEASON 2!!!

adrianna March 18, 2013 at 3:11 pm

i love the show. I think it’s a great show for teens. Mabye not for adults but my friends and I have a great interest in the show, i really hope they don’t cancel it.

Denyse Holm-Moberly March 13, 2013 at 4:32 am

RENEW, RENEW, RENEW, RENEW, RENEW!!!!! Give good tv a chance for goodness sake.

Anonymous March 7, 2013 at 6:13 am

I love it

Alex March 5, 2013 at 1:19 am

I agree absolutly love this show, and I’ll be there for season 2!!!! Keep up the good work :)

Lida February 28, 2013 at 8:42 am

I LOVE CARRIE DIARIES!!!! :) I think it’s the best tv show out on tv! And I’m completely hooked on it!!! :) :) after watching an episode it’s so much suspense till I get to watch the next one :) I love this show so much, that I would hate to see it get cancelled.. I would probably actually cry!! It’s hard to find such a good addictive tv show on television! Definantly a fan of Carrie diaries!!! Bring on season 2 :D !!!! <3

amir February 26, 2013 at 4:14 am

i love carrie diaries .
i wish watching season 2 …

Lynette Q February 22, 2013 at 4:48 am

I LOVE THE CARRIE DIARIES!!! Such an amazing show! I’m hooked, everything about it is addicting! Love the cast, perfect choice of actors and actresses. Love the 80s, the music, clothes, it’s such a good throwback! Please renew it for another season! Annasophia Robb is perfect for this role. Please don’t cancel!!!!

Trina February 13, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I love this series. I myself was also a fan of Sex in the city. This does have a totally different vibe to it but it also shows you where it all started. I hope they don’t cancel it. CW cancelled a few good shows and I hate when networks do that. 1.2 million people like something you would think that it was something good!

snowy February 2, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I love SATC! Though I wasn’t expecting much, I love The Carrie Diaries now too! It doesn’t follow much of what we know from SATC but still offers just enough of a true Carrie feel. Love the characters and the actors! The 80s themes are an additional treat especially the music! Like someone crossed SATC with some John Hughes movie. Young people who aren’t constantly on cell phones, another treat! Hope it doesn’t get canceled!!!

oscar January 22, 2013 at 10:24 pm

i love the carrie diaries! i think it needs more promotion omg this series is really cute and i love the soundtrack pure 80s! please we need this serie to make it! :( i love it!

Leah January 21, 2013 at 8:43 pm

They cannot keep doing this to me! I love Emily Owens and very disappointed! Hope the Carrie diaries makes it! I like these lighthearted comedies!

Luke January 16, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Its such a cute show!!
Its probably gonna do better after repeating the pilot episode after the Vampire Diaries