The Carrie Diaries

THE CARRIE DIARIESNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 26 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: January 14, 2013 — January 31, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: AnnaSophia Robb, Stefania Owen, Ellen Wong, Katie Findlay, Chloe Bridges, Austin Butler, Brendan Dooling, Freema Agyeman, and Matt Letscher.

current TV show

TV show description:
Based on the novels by Candace Bushnell, this TV series is set in 1984 and revolves around a 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb). Her mother passed away and since that time, Carrie’s younger sister Dorrit (Stefania Owen) has become more rebellious than ever. Their father, Tom (Matt Letscher), is overwhelmed with the responsibility of suddenly having to care for two teenage girls on his own.

Thankfully for Carrie, her friends -– geeky Mouse (Ellen Wong), snarky Maggie Landers (Katie Findlay), and sensitive Walt Reynolds (Brendan Dooling) -– make life bearable, but a suburban life in Connecticut isn’t doing much to take her mind off her troubles.

Even the arrival of a sexy new transfer student — Sebastian (Austin Butler) — only reminds Carrie that she spent the whole summer grieving over her loss, rather than moving on with life.

So, when Tom offers Carrie the chance to intern at a law firm in Manhattan, she leaps at the chance. Carrie’s eyes are opened wide at the glamour and grit of New York City. When she meets Larissa Loughton (Freema Agyeman), the style editor for Interview magazine, Carrie becomes inspired by the club culture and unique individuals that make up Larissa’s world.

Carrie’s friends and family may have a big place in her heart, but she’s fallen in love for the first time with the most important man in her life – Manhattan.

space

Series Finale

Episode #26 — “Run to You”
Things grow increasingly tense between Carrie and Tom. When Larissa drops an unexpected bomb on Carrie, Sebastian decides he, too, needs to come clean about something. Maggie turns to Walt when she thinks Pete (guest star Claybourne Elder) is cheating on her, but gets the surprise of her life. Mouse and West (guest star RJ Brown) find themselves in a sticky situation. Elsewhere, Samantha considers leaving the city, and Larissa’s wedding to Harlan (guest star Scott Cohen) is out of this world.
First aired: January 31, 2014.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Carrie Diaries TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Patty April 25, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I love the Carrie Diaries! I look forward to it every Monday night. Having been a fan of Sex and the City, this brings me to the beginning. It also provides me with refreshening memories of my own. Please do not cancel it!

Luci April 23, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Love the show!!!!!! All my friends love these show please don’t cancel it !

Regina April 23, 2013 at 7:36 pm

This is the only show I go out of my way to watch, I change plans just to make sure I m home on Monday nights at 8:00 pm to watch it with my mom.Please, please, please DONT cancel it! My mother and I are already addicted tyo it and so are many other people, to cancel it would be cruel!

brinna April 9, 2013 at 3:44 pm

LOVE the Carrie Diaries!! i totally think it should be renewed for more seasons! it is a great show, and even though it takes place in 1984, it relates to kids present in 20th century. it is such a great show, and should most definitely be renewed! i have loved many shows that CW has come up with, but because the first season didn’t get the rating they were hoping in the first season they always cancel them. I just heard of the Carrie Diaries 3 days ago, and got caught up in that one day, and just watched the last episode of the season. you should give the show a chance because not everyone knows about it yet, and once they do watch it, they will get as hook onto the show just like i am. Keep the show on, and DO NOT cancel it! i deserves more seasons!

Lindsay April 8, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I absolutely LOOOVE this show. Everything about it (especially Sebastian Kydd..yum). It is my fav show. I can’t wait every Monday to watch. I am PRAYING it gets renewed. I think that the CW should def give it a chance. Sex & the City has a HUGE following (I’m a huuuge fan!!) & I think in time the Carrie Diaries will too. I know I am loving it. It’s a great show & so much better then other shows on. Please, please, PLEASE CW, give the Carrie Diaries a shot!!! Don’t throw it away like trash!!!

brinna April 9, 2013 at 3:48 pm

i totally agree with you there! i just started watching the show, got caught up, and am totally addicted! i love sebastian kydd, and carrie, they are the perfect couple! i love walt, and Bennett, and larissa is hilarious!The Carrie Diaries should stay on!

lynn April 1, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Love this show its great, I don’t think about anything else when I’m watching it. It should be renewed.

Anonymous April 27, 2013 at 10:02 am

I think they honestly have done a show like this on many different channels and specially CW and this show I think the show kept on using this plot line
1 – she talk Sebastian
2-Sebastian dates someone else
3- Sebastian breaks up with the girl and goes with Carrie
4- sister goes missing
5-Sebastian and Carrie break up
USE A DIFFERENT STORYLINE I ONLY WATCH THIS SHOW LIKE 5 TIMES AND THEY USE THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER again

Christine Rincon April 1, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I like this show. Its clean and fun. Not sleezy. Reality shows i could care less for because i know they are not real. All set up. So I love this show and i miss Emily Owens. If this gets cancelled me and about 30 of my other friends might just ditch CW.

Cr March 31, 2013 at 12:36 am

I love this show! Hope they have at least 2 more seasons

lk;j March 30, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I love this show, I hope that they have more seasons!

Anonymous March 16, 2013 at 2:11 am

Love this show. It will however, compete with
Another of my favorites – Dancing With the
Stars I don’t know which I will watch. Wish
One would change days or time.

Méganne C. March 13, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I love this series ! I’m so addict, please don’t stop it !

Ana March 10, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I love it and I head that it’s meant to be a 12 episodes only serie so there’s no cancelled or renewed.

LL February 18, 2013 at 2:04 am

I like it alot. I hope it gets a chance to get good and gain a big following so I get more seasons.

Anonymous January 19, 2013 at 11:43 am

Love this show.. Funny, Witty, and not all blood and guts, zombies and vampires….

Rosemary Thomas January 18, 2013 at 3:50 am

This has got to be the worst CW had come up with to date. it ranks up there with that dumb show Arrow. I mean really. You’re telling I can watch this our reality TV. I have a 3rd option…hitting the OFF button.