The Carrie Diaries

THE CARRIE DIARIESNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 26 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: January 14, 2013 – January 31, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: AnnaSophia Robb, Stefania Owen, Ellen Wong, Katie Findlay, Chloe Bridges, Austin Butler, Brendan Dooling, Freema Agyeman, and Matt Letscher.

current TV show

TV show description:
Based on the novels by Candace Bushnell, this TV series is set in 1984 and revolves around a 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb). Her mother passed away and since that time, Carrie’s younger sister Dorrit (Stefania Owen) has become more rebellious than ever. Their father, Tom (Matt Letscher), is overwhelmed with the responsibility of suddenly having to care for two teenage girls on his own.

Thankfully for Carrie, her friends -– geeky Mouse (Ellen Wong), snarky Maggie Landers (Katie Findlay), and sensitive Walt Reynolds (Brendan Dooling) -– make life bearable, but a suburban life in Connecticut isn’t doing much to take her mind off her troubles.

Even the arrival of a sexy new transfer student — Sebastian (Austin Butler) — only reminds Carrie that she spent the whole summer grieving over her loss, rather than moving on with life.

So, when Tom offers Carrie the chance to intern at a law firm in Manhattan, she leaps at the chance. Carrie’s eyes are opened wide at the glamour and grit of New York City. When she meets Larissa Loughton (Freema Agyeman), the style editor for Interview magazine, Carrie becomes inspired by the club culture and unique individuals that make up Larissa’s world.

Carrie’s friends and family may have a big place in her heart, but she’s fallen in love for the first time with the most important man in her life – Manhattan.

space

Series Finale

Episode #26 — “Run to You”
Things grow increasingly tense between Carrie and Tom. When Larissa drops an unexpected bomb on Carrie, Sebastian decides he, too, needs to come clean about something. Maggie turns to Walt when she thinks Pete (guest star Claybourne Elder) is cheating on her, but gets the surprise of her life. Mouse and West (guest star RJ Brown) find themselves in a sticky situation. Elsewhere, Samantha considers leaving the city, and Larissa’s wedding to Harlan (guest star Scott Cohen) is out of this world.
First aired: January 31, 2014.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Carrie Diaries TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Anonymous January 26, 2014 at 9:18 pm

I love this show please don’t cancel! wouldn’t know what to do!!!

Anonymous January 8, 2014 at 4:56 pm

PLEASE DONT CANCEL this is my absolute favorite show im currently re watching the show up to present please keep it

Dorothy December 21, 2013 at 2:25 am

Please don’t cancel. This show is taking me back to my youth in the 80′s when there were no cel phones – computers were new and big hair was in. Love it.

BKD November 9, 2013 at 2:52 am

I just can’t believe how good this show is! I started watching it out of curiosity and just ended up watching the entire 1st season in about 2 days!
I watched the entire original Sex & the City show twice or more, and also watched the movies as they came out… And since season 2 started, I just can’t get over the little hints of and tributes to the original show and it’s characters, I mean, Lindsey Gort’s facial expressions are clearly deeply studied from the original Samantha, Kim Cattrall, and the way AnnaSophia Robb’s Carrie spaks and her expressions as well are also really accurate… sorry… OCD+shows addict pretty much leads to this…

Diane October 3, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Please bring back the Carrie Diaries…SOON!!!

Crystal September 28, 2013 at 3:07 am

I love the Carrie diaries!! Please keep it!! Where did it go?? Why isn’t it on yet? Keep it keep it!!!

Anonymous May 12, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I AM DESPERATELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SHOW! The books are also phenomenal. PLEASE DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, CANCEL THIS SHOW. It is my guilty pleasure!!!! <3 <3 <3

Anonymous May 7, 2013 at 2:10 am

Me an my 11 yr old brother love the carrie diaries
please bring it back please we love it

Courtney May 6, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Please do not cancel this show! I absolutely love it!

Anonymous May 5, 2013 at 2:33 am

Love the series. Please don’t cancel we can’t handle another fake reality show!

Amelia May 4, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Looooove it sooo much <3

shauna May 4, 2013 at 11:03 am

please please please please bring it back!

LYZ May 2, 2013 at 4:57 am

I came across this show accidently and just love this show. I went on Amozon and huluplus to see previous missed episodes and to catch up. I had never watched this show before because the name of the show was not appealing to me, I thought that it was going to be another teen boring show that I generally don’t watch. I am middle age , and the show takes me back in time. This movie should not be cancel

Jessica April 30, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Don’t cancel the Carrie Diaries! That show is the only reason I look forward to Mondays.

Selma April 29, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Although this show is probably for the tweenager to college group, I love this show as it take me back to my teenage years in the 80′s. Please don’t cancel . . . I cannot handle another non-”reality” show.