The Carrie Diaries

THE CARRIE DIARIESNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 26 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: January 14, 2013 – January 31, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: AnnaSophia Robb, Stefania Owen, Ellen Wong, Katie Findlay, Chloe Bridges, Austin Butler, Brendan Dooling, Freema Agyeman, and Matt Letscher.

current TV show

TV show description:
Based on the novels by Candace Bushnell, this TV series is set in 1984 and revolves around a 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb). Her mother passed away and since that time, Carrie’s younger sister Dorrit (Stefania Owen) has become more rebellious than ever. Their father, Tom (Matt Letscher), is overwhelmed with the responsibility of suddenly having to care for two teenage girls on his own.

Thankfully for Carrie, her friends -– geeky Mouse (Ellen Wong), snarky Maggie Landers (Katie Findlay), and sensitive Walt Reynolds (Brendan Dooling) -– make life bearable, but a suburban life in Connecticut isn’t doing much to take her mind off her troubles.

Even the arrival of a sexy new transfer student — Sebastian (Austin Butler) — only reminds Carrie that she spent the whole summer grieving over her loss, rather than moving on with life.

So, when Tom offers Carrie the chance to intern at a law firm in Manhattan, she leaps at the chance. Carrie’s eyes are opened wide at the glamour and grit of New York City. When she meets Larissa Loughton (Freema Agyeman), the style editor for Interview magazine, Carrie becomes inspired by the club culture and unique individuals that make up Larissa’s world.

Carrie’s friends and family may have a big place in her heart, but she’s fallen in love for the first time with the most important man in her life – Manhattan.

space

Series Finale

Episode #26 — “Run to You”
Things grow increasingly tense between Carrie and Tom. When Larissa drops an unexpected bomb on Carrie, Sebastian decides he, too, needs to come clean about something. Maggie turns to Walt when she thinks Pete (guest star Claybourne Elder) is cheating on her, but gets the surprise of her life. Mouse and West (guest star RJ Brown) find themselves in a sticky situation. Elsewhere, Samantha considers leaving the city, and Larissa’s wedding to Harlan (guest star Scott Cohen) is out of this world.
First aired: January 31, 2014.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Carrie Diaries TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Sara April 22, 2014 at 11:02 pm

DON’T CANCEL THE CARRIE DIARIES!! this show has this amazing way of showing what a variety of different teenage girls really go through and what they think about day to day, there aren’t many shows that make me emotional but this is one DEFINITELY one of them! I hope more young girls find out about this show because it leaves you with such a positive outlook on life, please renew The Carrie Diaries!
Love,
A Huge Fan

Anonymous2 April 7, 2014 at 7:55 pm

)’: please DO NOT CANCEL!!!!!!!!! Even persons from TRINIDAD is in love with this show it will be heart breaking if you do …… the 2010′s are parallel to the 80′s which is super weird but very relatable in terms of genders preferences, FASHION, attitudes, love, schools ….just everything about The Carrie Diaries ..just wonderful it SHOULD BE CONTINUED!!!!!!!!! please don’t cancel :’( …
The show is too inspirational in a weird way to teenagers …. I know adults may think its just about “Sex and the City” but its much more ….you see yourself reflected in characters …you see your friends reflected in characters….

Anonymous April 1, 2014 at 10:18 pm

This is a great family friendly show with true to life coming of age experiences and growing up in a small community where everyone is known. There are good moral issues and relationship situations where the cast creates friendships and enemies and then renews the friendships. I like the show and the characters. I think it is a great show for pre teens or early teens. I think there are good situations which parents can use as teaching points to help children through tough situations in real life or maybe prevent some heartache if the discussion is handled properly. Good show. Parents should use tv as a tool rather than a babysitter.

Anonymous March 23, 2014 at 1:49 am

don’t cancel

Casey March 14, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Please don’t cancel…love the show!

Jaycee March 13, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Please don’t cancel The Carrie Dairies! I love this show and actually my boyfriend doesn’t mind watching it with me either! We would both be so sad if it were to be cancelled :(

diamond March 13, 2014 at 1:19 am

PLEASE DONT CANCEL. THIS IS MY FAVOURITE SHOW I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND AUSTIN BUTLER OHHH MY GOD <3 please don't cancel. :(

Sarah March 1, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Please don’t cancel The Carrie Diaries!! I just started watching and love it! I loved Sex and the City and now this! Keep it going!

RBarba March 1, 2014 at 4:04 am

Please don’t cancel this show it’s great reminds me of high school years, I love it , I hope it comes back next season.

Tiffany February 22, 2014 at 3:23 pm

My daughter and I watch this show. We enjoy watching it. Do not cancel it.

Anonymous February 9, 2014 at 8:13 pm

i just cried over this show…if they cancel The Carrie Diaries ill die

isabella February 8, 2014 at 12:18 am

You absolutely CANNOT CANCEL THE CARRIE DIARIES!!! It is my favorite and I literally could not live without it.

Carolyn February 1, 2014 at 11:22 am

Please don’t cancel this show! This is one of the best show’s out there by far! I hope all the cast members will be back also

Jml20 January 31, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I love Carrie diaries! Anna Sophia Robb is so freaking awesome as Carrie! I will be heartbroken if this is cancelled. I can’t believe it’s even up in the air about being cancelled since this show is great!

Anonymous January 27, 2014 at 7:03 pm

PLEASE DONT CANCEL THE CARRIE DIARIES!!!
I absolutely love love the show. I’m 40 yrs old & look forward to it each week as it brings me back to the 80′s.