The Cleaner

The CleanerNetwork: A&E
Episodes: 26 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: July 15, 2008 – September 15, 2009
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Benjamin Bratt, Grace Park, Amy Price-Francis, Esteban Powell, Liliana Mumy, Brett DelBuono, Kevin Michael Richardson, Dion Basco, and Whoopi Goldberg.

the cleaner past TV show

TV show description:
William Banks is recovering drug addict who lives in Los Angles. When his daughter was born, he made a deal with God that he would give up drugs and devote his life to help other people to beat their own harmful additions.

Helping William in his quest are Akani Cuesta (Grace Park), a confident beauty with a hardened street edge, and Arnie Swenton (Esteban Powell), a procrastinator who has a habit of getting into trouble.

While William must often resort to unethical and sometimes illegal methods to help his clients come clean, his success has earned the respect of the LAPD and other officials. William frequently asks for guidance from God in his mission and to help maintain his own path.

With every success and failure, William wrestles with his commitment to his work and his love for his wife Melissa (Amy Price-Francis) and their children, Lula (Liliana Mumy) and Ben (Brett DelBuono). She’s left him twice before and the children haven’t forgotten his multiple stints behind bars.

The series is based on the life of co-executive producer Warren Boyd, a real-life “extreme interventionist” who has helped many famous people beat their addictions over the years.
space

Series Finale

Episode 26 — Trick Candles
On the 10th anniversary of his becoming sober, William spends the day helping an old friend get clean — Henry (Richard Lewis) has been strung out on heroin and speed for years and it’s costing him his wife (Annabelle Gurwitch) and two children.

At the same time, William is trying to convince a mortgage company to lend him enough money to buy a house. He also needs his soon-to-be ex-wife to cosign the loan.

Though William doesn’t have any interest in celebrating his sobriety anniversary, Swenton, Akani, and Paulina Kmec (Whoopi Goldberg), his former sponsor, gather some of the addicts that he’s helped for a surprise party. Most are doing well but some have relapsed and some have even died.

Those seen from past episodes include anchorman Davis Durham (Gary Cole), music teacher Harrison (Paul Schulze), Amber Geiler (Jeanette Brox), Bernie Zellman (Steve Landesberg), and Lonnie Simon (Michael Beach).
First aired: September 15, 2009.

space

What happened next?

There hasn’t been any news of plans to revive the show.

space

Debbie August 23, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Truly the BS that is on A&E like you said before hoarders, Family Jewels, Dog the whatever and some of that other sh#! is just seriously bogus
The Cleaner was so damn good I got ppl hooked on it and they all called me like it was my fault when they cancelled it they blamed me for getting them hooked and then they cancel one of the best shows ever not only that BENJAMIN BRAT IS FFFFFIIIINNNEEEE!!!

Debbie August 23, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Please revive the show the Cleaner please that was one of the best show ever!

MJ Kirk August 9, 2010 at 4:29 pm

As a former drug counselor, most of the drug drama on tv was boring, too clean or just plain wrong. When I watched the Cleaner, it was gut wrenching and real. I would have ex-clients watch it. What’s wrong with you A&E? The CLeaner was better than any reality #^&^$ that is on tv. GET SOME BRAINS or have your past drug usage addled your brains?

Erick G August 9, 2010 at 4:28 am

A&E you suck!

SRB July 16, 2010 at 9:49 am

VERY disappointed to find out the show is cancelled. I truly loved the show and watched both seasons. Shame on you A & E for dropping this show and keeping fluff crap like Hoarders and Family Jewels!!!!

Kim July 12, 2010 at 9:09 am

I love that show and was disappointed that they cancelled it. I was so ready to see what was going to happen this season.

KMG June 25, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Loved the show. Sorry to see it go.

Anonymous June 23, 2010 at 10:51 pm

They make more money that us they don’t care what they get rid of……… was a great show……..loved it was helpful to many I’m sure
Justin

DOT VENDITTO June 17, 2010 at 4:08 pm

jerks

Mike J. May 16, 2010 at 9:50 am

I was just checking to see when the show should be starting again. I am shocked to see it was cancelled. I do not understand. This show was excellent. I think A&E is making a big mistake.

Mary J. May 8, 2010 at 12:43 am

I have been waiting and waiting for this show to come back only to find out tonight that it was CANCELLED???? Just awful… the acting was fantastic and the stories always touched my heart…. A&E you made a terrible terrible mistake cancelling this show.

Mary J.
Florida

Pat B. April 27, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Are the exec’s NUTS? The Cleaner was gritty and that’s what made it so popular, realistic, and optimistic. Like America’s Most Wanted it should be revived, GO FOX! So sad to see a show that caused me to stay up late and tune in put out to pasture, it is a mistake of the nnnnth degree.

christine stahl April 17, 2010 at 8:31 am

The Cleaner was A GREAT SHOW. More people needed to see what can happen when drugs are chosen. You did the wrong thing cancelling this show. Too many people are dying due to drug abuse. Check the stats.

nunie cruz March 17, 2010 at 9:54 pm

OMG R U SERIOUS??!! THATS THE DUMBEST THING A&E EVER DONE!!! I FREAKING LOVE THE CLEANER!! AND NOW THEY GOING TO JUST DROP IT??!! JUST LIKE THAT??!! LIKE NOTHING!!!! OMG IM NOT WATCHING A&E ANYMORE THEY GANNA LOSE OUT ON ALOT OF CUSTOMERS ME BEING ONE FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD BYE A&E THIS IS SO HURTFUL AND SO SO SAD

Alan January 30, 2010 at 6:25 pm

I hope that A&E changes their mind and keeps The Cleaner. They don’t realize how many people’s lives they have touched with this show. I know this show has changed peoples lives for the better. This is a terrible decision. Bring back The Cleaner.

DOT VENDITTO June 17, 2010 at 4:08 pm

please bring b ack the cleaner i hope another netgwork picks it up