The Cleveland Show: Cancelled? No Season Five?

According to a post by The Animation Guild, The Cleveland Show has been cancelled after four seasons. FOX meanwhile says that a decision hasn’t been reached about the fate of the animated series.

It’s seemed that the show has been headed for the TV graveyard for awhile now. It’s the lowest-rated animated show currently on the network and FOX still hasn’t ordered more episodes.

Because it takes longer to produce animation, FOX typically renews their animated series much sooner than usual.

The Simpsons was renewed through the 2014-15 season all the way back in October 2011. Last May, both American Dad and Family Guy were picked up through the 2013-14 season. And, Bob’s Burgers was renewed through 2013-14 last October.

The Cleveland Show is the only animated series on FOX that hasn’t been renewed. Whether FOX is willing to say it or not, it looks like Cleveland and his pals have indeed been cancelled.

There are 23 episodes in the current season and it looks like there are six left. The final pair of installments are expected to air on May 19th.

What do you think? Do you think The Cleveland Show should be cancelled? Should Cleveland move back to Family Guy?

Ed May 13, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Send Cleveland back to Rhode Island to be back with his buddies there and then bring back King of the Hill, miss the Hill family.

jaddie hinson May 11, 2013 at 1:26 pm

bring the show back my family loves the cleveland show

shawn May 4, 2013 at 10:41 am

please cancel bobs burger not cleavland brown

Matthew Enrst April 30, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I agree I want Cleveland to return to Family Guy ASAP. He was still on Family Guy for visits because Peter and Cleveland are Best Friends. If he returns Peter will be really happy. I hope Cleveland returns to Family Guy for good.

nikki April 21, 2013 at 2:15 pm

It’s a mistake to cancel this show, since I think the real problem with the ratings has nothing to do with the quality of the series. It’s more so that the crowd just doesn’t know what they are missing by not watching The Cleveland Show. In fact, I can only think of a few buddies from my office at DISH that have even seen an entire episode. Now that I think about it, the only way I was able to give this series a fair chance is because my DISH Hopper DVR automatically records it and everything else on FOX’s primetime lineup, which always introduces me to a ton of cool shows.

8bithero April 22, 2013 at 9:45 am

No, this isn’t an obvious shilling, spam, bullshit comment at all…

dancinhomer April 18, 2013 at 4:50 pm

The one show I always skipped over in the Animation Domination lineup was The Cleveland Show. The Simpsons is still a great show while Bob’s Burgers and American Dad are just as good as Family Guy (which is still pretty good, IMHO).

Grandizer April 18, 2013 at 8:33 am

Not surprised. Never cared for most of the supporting neighbor cast. The bear? Really? Ahhh Sorry, you mean Brian! The fat woman on the ride along? Oh sorry, you meant Joe the cop. People disappeared for no reason and reappeared for no reason. What happened to his cable installer partner?

Come back to Rhode Island Cleveland, bring the family as well. Leave the in laws though, they were never interesting.

Grandizer April 18, 2013 at 8:35 am

Oh and how Bobs Burgers gets higher ratings I will never understand. Maybe it got a BILLION times better after the few episodes I was able to stomach in season 1, I don’t know, I got physically ill watching that crap.

Tha Critic April 17, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I was never into American Dad, and I was never into The Cleveland Show. So it’s no loss to me. I’d like American Dad to disappear as well.

The Blue Rose April 17, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Maybe Cartoon Network will do what it did for Family Guy and Futurama

Anonymous April 17, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Noooooooooooooooo plz do not cancel Mr Brown hes funny… I boteg u!!! Family Guy is nothing without Stewie Cleve whole cast funny

Marcus Scott April 17, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I have one word for this. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! Finally!!! It looks like the third time wasn’t the charm for Seth. It was racist and just plain bad. Meg is the one who deserves her own show. Go to Gopetion.com and vote for Meg Griffin to get her own show.

Pete April 17, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Cleveland Show honestly never lived up to his name, too many recycled ideas from family guys and in some cases even simpsons plot lies. Since, the lack luster of episodes early this season, I kind of hoping it will be canned. I rather have Cleveland and his family be in RI. would probably make their characters better especially with child vs child. rallo vs stewie.

Jeremy Rynek April 17, 2013 at 3:12 pm

It almost seems like a better idea on paper. It seemed like an instant it, but honestly coming from this fan, the laughs never really hit any home runs. It seemed like a dulled down version of Family guy. I guess Seth couldn’t strike gold twice, with the talking baby. I don’t want it to be canceled, but i I ad to pick one out of the three, it would be this one. I just hope they bring him back to Family guy.

A April 17, 2013 at 2:35 pm