The Closer: Win The Complete Fifth Season on DVD!

The CloserIn The Closer, a crime drama created by James Duff, Kyra Sedgwich stars as Los Angeles Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson, a woman in charge.

Episodes of the TV show feature a large ensemble cast and highlight the way that law enforcement agencies interact with the unique culture of Los Angeles. Characters often grapple with ethical and moral concerns, and explore the way that personal beliefs and circumstances affect their work and personal lives.

The fifth season of The Closer has just been released on DVD and the four-disc set includes all 15 episodes as well as unaired scenes, a gag reel, and a crime location map feature. Series regulars in season five include Sedgwick, J.K. Simmons, Corey Reynolds, Robert Gossett, G.W. Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Phillip P. Keene, and Jon Tenney.

You can purchase The Closer: The Complete Fifth Season for $25.99 from Amazon. You can also try to win a copy here.

To enter, you need to merely post a comment below. Be sure to leave your email address in the comment form so that we can contact you with the good news if you win. You can enter once per day.

FacebookIf you’d like an additional chance to win, leave a comment on our Facebook page under the wall post about the contest. If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can email us as another way to enter.

Guidelines: This giveaway is open to participants with a United States mailing address only. (International readers can enter if they have a friend in the States who can accept their prizes by mail.) Many may enter but one person will win. You must be 18 and older to enter and no purchase is necessary. Contest ends July 11, 2010.

UPDATE: Congratulations to “Arlene” who won this set (via an entry on Facebook). Thanks to everyone for entering and stay tuned. More contests to come!

Anne Smyth March 28, 2011 at 9:40 am

I absolutely love Closer and watch it on two different channels the same night because they are not repeats. The twists and turns are always a surprise so I hope the writers can keep us guessing in future episodes. However, last night’s show looked like it could have been a repeat of the first episode about a transexual doctor killed by a woman who was shocked by the discovery. Had I seen it first it might have prevented me from enjoying any future shows because they depicted the killer as being Catholic which is totally unnecessary and showed a bias, since any such true cases have never to my knowledge been committed by a person of any faith let alone Catholic, rather always by victims of the deception by the transexual because of a sense of betrayal and of being made a fool. To make it something else was disingenuous in my opinion.
I think Kyra Sedgwich is irreplaceable. She is perfect as a strong woman and yet feminine, determined, soft spoken, assertive not aggressive. If she chooses to leave it will be pretty devastating. The whole cast is a solid fit, great actors which, together with the gifted writers, you couldn’t wish for a more perfect team.

Genise January 31, 2011 at 8:45 am

Yes, all good things must end and it’s a shame but that is life, but glad the show hopefully will go on. Now I hope the show will pretty much stay in tact and the writers/Network will not undermine it so it will fail. If they bring in the right star or stars it will be as good as before; I realize we will have to take time to adjust to it and we will or can love Major Crimes. I hate to see Kyra Sedgwich go but if she wants to leave then she must. Just remember they were looking for an actor when they found her, so there are others out there that are just as good. If not we only miss a show for a little while then another one comes along that replaces it in our viewing schedule as this one did.

tv show reviews January 8, 2011 at 8:38 am

The Closer is probably one of the best things that ever happened to cable TV. Too bad Brenda will be closing her last case next season.

liz markus December 8, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I ‘ve been watching Closer off and on. Love the characters, don’t like the new chief. He doesn’t fit and love Pope as arrogant and inept as he can be, prefer him to the new chief. Hope they keep him.

Janice October 27, 2010 at 8:52 pm

alright, alright, thank you thank you everyone please continue

M Reed September 6, 2010 at 9:20 pm

We love the Closer! It is a great show.

Kim Edmonds July 20, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I love, love, love this show! I adore Kyra’s portrayal of BrendaLee Johnson…perfect actor to bring the character to life. You can’t help but love Brenda! And, the team is one fabulous representation of LAPD (take it from someone who’s a family member of the most excellent police force in the world). This show gives insight into how a strong woman can also be as trembling as a new kitty. I think this show is a kudos to all women! Keep it on the air for sure!!

Michael M July 12, 2010 at 8:51 am

Great show !

Rose Morgan July 12, 2010 at 8:50 am

I love this show ! The whole cast does a great job. I can’t wait to see the new episodes :)

ysadora tinker July 11, 2010 at 8:09 pm

my family of 5 is all Closer fans. We discovered it when we were living in a basement in Honduras with minimal English-language cable service. We haven’t even seen all of season 5 yet, because we don’t have cable now–just a set and a dvd player.

Sarah July 11, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Just started watching this show about…a month ago when I just randomly saw it at my library. Love it! XD