The Closer: Kyra Sedgwich TV Show Renewed for Season Seven

The CloserGood news for fans of TNT’s The Closer series. It’s been renewed for a seventh season on the cable channel.

The Closer stars Kyra Sedgwich as Los Angeles Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson, a beautiful lady who means business. The rest of the cast includes Corey Reynolds, G.W. Bailey, Gina Ravera, J.K. Simmons, Jon Tenney, Michael Paul Chan, Phillip P. Keene, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, and Tony Denison.

Currently in its sixth season, The Closer is reportedly averaging 7.1 million viewers per week and that’s a 7% increase over year five. The show’s been either the top or one of the top-rated cable shows since its return on July 12th.

To no surprise, TNT has renewed the series for year seven. The cable channel has once again ordered 15 episodes and they’ll start airing sometime in 2011.

The 15 episodes of season six are still airing. The first ten are scheduled to finish airing on September 13th. TNT typically breaks up the season so the remaining five will probably run in either late this year or in early 2011.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Closer will be back for year seven? How long do you think the series should continue?

Canceled and renewed TV show

30 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Louise Minicozzi says

This is definetely the BEST show on tv. As someone mentioned they are more like family. I purchased 1-5 and have watched it twice plus the repeats on regular tv and cable

especially since they mentioned my home town of MIlledgeville:):) same town that Julia Roberts mentions in Pretty Woman.

I know series have to end but I hope it is like Gunsmoke and lasts 15 Years!!!
    good Luck and A Great New Year~~~~~

2. Lee Winters says

Horray for the good sense of TNT for renewing “The Closer”. A cast that bounce witty and profound lines off of one another along with the fact that they have become more than a group of people who work at the same place — they have become a family! This one program my husband and I don’t have any qualms about seeing repeats. The eposide they are buring a fellow comrade and discover another body in the casket and with the story line concerning the wedding still make me laugh every time I see it. Great cast, great writers. There is still a lot of life in the show.

3. T. Martin says

I think the Closer and its cast is one of the BEST shows on TV. I really enjoy all of the characters. Sorry to read (runmor) that the seventh season will be the last.

4. Vickie F Young says

I love this show !! I’ve watched since day one !!! I really hope they don’t take it off air ! I’ll do anything I have to to keep it on !!!

5. Marilou Hill says

MY FAVORITE SHOW OF ALL TIMES>SHE IS QUIRKY, SENSITIVE AND
    TOUGH WITH MANY FAULTS LIKE ALL OF US. I WISH IT WOULD
    STAY LONGER THAN 7 YRS.

6. Linda says

I love it. It has everything. It is a mystery with action, but not too much. I hate shows that make you feel you have been in an auto accident after it is over. It has humor which I love. I don’t know why the major networks can’t get it right like TNT did with this one.

7. Lynn says

This is the only show I watch on TV. This is the first show that I love everyone…and I mean everyone has their place on the show. I hope they keep them…taking out one cast member would ruin the show. I was so thrilled that Kaya finally won her award. Thanks to all the writers and cast members for such an excellent series. TNT hit the mark with this one!

• Janice says

Your comment is sooo very true, Lynn. I love this show and also feel that every single regular cast member, from Brenda to medical examinier Dr Morales are simply wonderful! I love to see the Brenda and Fritz relationship play out and feel that are perfect for each other. I sure hope that they both continue to enjoy a growing love for each other and happy marriage. I look forward to each episode, for the wonderful stories and characters. Recently brought the first 5 seasons of the series on DVD and can’t wait for season 6 to be released. The biggest plus for me on the fact of spliting up the season is that I have something to look forward to a few months out instead of having to wait 8 months or so for the next season.

8. Kathy says

It’s the best show on TV, hope it’s on for a long time. I’m not a big fan of how they break up the season though.

9. Dale Morse says

I recently had surgery and so I’d relax, I ordered the first five seasons of this show on DVD, because I have missed the pilot and some others. I sat for five straight days watching every episode, and this has to be one of the best TV shows ever aired on TV. The writers are geniuses and the stories are great. Her interrogations are excellent, and I did not care much for Kyra’s acting until this show. They picked the right person for the part, and I really hope it continues. Great series, with a realistic approach. I can’t wait until season 6 is available on DVD, and I hope eventually it will all be available in blu-ray high definition.

10. Janine Haynes says

I love The Closer, it has good storylines professionally and personally with her Mum and Dad, niece and cat involved. Great series.

11. Tiffany Nicole says

Yessss!!!!!! I so happy to see that The Closer is going to have a 7th season. Hopefully next season Mary McDonnell will be added as a regular cast member!

12. Vanessa M says

This is the only thing I watch on TNT so I also wish they wouldn’t break up the season as I have to remember it’s on again in December.

Maybe that IS the reason they break it up. Too many people like me.

13. Sharon says

Great news! I wish they wouldn’t break up the season though. I wonder what the reasoning is behind this? I think it should stay on as long as it continues to be good.