The Crazy Ones: Cancelled by CBS, No Season Two

Crazy Ones TV show canceled by CBSMork & Mindy was a smash hit back in the day but the same can’t be said for Robin William’s newest sitcom, The Crazy Ones. CBS has cancelled the show after one season of 22 episodes.

The Crazy Ones follows an unorthodox ad agency executive (Williams) and his partner and daughter (Sarah Michelle Gellar). The rest of the cast includes James Wolk, Hamish Linklater, and Amanda Setton.

Word is that the show was expensive to produce and the ratings just didn’t justify a second season. It was the weakest-performing comedy on the network’s Thursday night schedule for much of the year, averaging a 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.32 million viewers.

The season (now series) finale aired on April 17th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Crazy Ones has been cancelled? Do you think it should have been renewed for a second season?

Charla August 17, 2014 at 1:49 pm

CBS you should be ashamed of yourselves for cancelling the Crazy Ones we looked forward to watching it every week it was a fresh comedy with a wonderful cast and of course starring the funniest man in the world each show got funnier CBS is just as bad as NBC for cancelling the Michael J Foz show last year. Why would these networks even premier once in a lifetime shows opportunities with bigger then life actors when they pull their shows with out even giving them a chance to grow into their own? Yet they leave the other crappy shows on that should have been gone a long time ago as for the ratings people like crap over quality comedy with life lessons so sad .

R August 15, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Crazy ones was an amazing series! Only those who have brains realize that! RIP Robin Williams

Dea August 13, 2014 at 10:10 am

I hate that this show was cancelled. It just shows how America is becoming more and more superficial. We have way too many reality shows that aren’t reality at all, focusing on the very rich and famous. The majority of Americans are not rich and famous. The Crazy Ones always made me smile and most of the time made me laugh out loud. I hope that the shows that had been recorded for Season 2 will air even if just as a tribute to this wonderful, unforgettable actor, Robin Williams.

Larry August 12, 2014 at 4:07 am

RIP Robin Williams. So sad. Maybe it’s an omen that it didn’t get renewed, since Robin Williams was found dead in his home Monday, August 11th. Hard to believe he’s gone. I would’ve liked to see another season had he lived. It was a great show, but he WAS the show, and it took place in the city he was born.

Ali August 9, 2014 at 12:28 am

I’m so sad that the crazy ones won’t be continuing. My husband and I were a little late to the game, but we really looked forward to watching it each week. So funny, and I was so glad to see Sarah Michelle Gellar on TV again. Wish they would bring it back!

Anonymous August 1, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I cannot believe this show has been cancelled, yet crap like Two and a half men, The Millers, etc. get to keep going on. I made it a point to really watch the show and was one of my favorites (not to mention it had several accolades). I also loved the outtakes and think the cast had great chemistry. Very sad to see it go.

Anonymous July 28, 2014 at 4:41 am

The crazy ones is one of the best new comedy. Hate to see it got cancel.

Anonymous July 28, 2014 at 1:46 am

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

luu hoang mai July 14, 2014 at 6:58 pm

The last episode of ss2 is the best. It talked abt sydney and Andrew relationship.. what the hell they are thinking while killing The crazy ones which confusinh ending in Ss1… it make nonsense… pls continue and reveal loveline bw Sydney and Andrew. I cant believe that they let the crazy ones die,it s an excellent show , i can’t miss any epi on Star movie,tt s suck if they let the crazy ones end like this

Natalia July 14, 2014 at 11:34 am

Please, bring it back!!!!!!

Kimberly June 24, 2014 at 10:57 pm

BRING IT BACK.. This is one of the few shows I made a point to watch.. My husband & I love this show… Re think the decision.. Keep that same cast.. cut in other areas…

WestSeaDoc May 30, 2014 at 12:39 am

It’s unfathomable that such drivel as “The Millers” survives and “The Crazy Ones” does not. The writing suffered a bit by trying to let Robin W go off on his zany improvs. His type of humor doesn’t quite work as “Mork” in advertising/in middle America. Some scripts were amazing and others average and yet others sad and desultory. Sidney going commando on video gaming was one of the best scripts and it would have been wiser playing up her comedic and acting talents more than Robin’s — a fact that saddens and probably dates me, but Robin’s off the cuff often felt out of place and made me (an RW fan) cringe at times.