The Crazy Ones

The Crazy OnesNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 22 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 26, 2013 – April 17, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Robin Williams, Sarah Michelle Gellar, James Wolk, Hamish Linklater, and Amanda Setton.

current TV show

TV show description:
In this sitcom, Simon Roberts (Robin Williams) is the head of a powerful Chicago advertising agency. He’s a genius at his job and uses his unorthodox methods and unpredictable behavior to land the biggest clients and brands in the world. Even more important to him is having his daughter Sydney by his side.

Sydney (Sarah Michelle Gellar) is also Simon’s partner and his exact opposite. Eager to make a name for herself, she’s focused and organized. Unfortunately, she has to spend a lot of her time parenting her father. That would be a bigger problem if he wasn’t so brilliant at his job.

Also working at the agency are dashing Zach Cropper (James Wolk); hardworking and neurotic art director Andrew Keanelly (Hamish Linklater); and Lauren Slotsky (Amanda Setton), the agency’s beautiful and deceptively smart assistant.

With his team and his daughter behind him, Simon continues to set the advertising world on fire.
space

Series Finale

Episode #22 — “The Lighthouse”
When a corporation wants to buy out Lewis, Roberts+Roberts, Gordon calls in the board to vote, and Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mom has the final say.
First aired: April 17, 2014

space
What do you think? Do you like The Crazy Ones TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Jeanne April 19, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Consistently clever, beautifully paced-we laugh until we cry. Keep this show, please!

Pat April 18, 2014 at 2:12 am

My husband and I both enjoy the show. We hope it gets another season.

Ken April 18, 2014 at 12:53 am

The show is clever and fast-paced. Next to Big Bang it’s the best sitcom on TV. Perhaps it’s too fast for most to follow…but for them there’s the show about broke girls and overweight obnoxious people. Let the rest of us keep The Crazy Ones.

Gary April 18, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Unfortunately, with the latest ratings not being very good, CBS will have no choice but to cancel it. This was the best show on TV by far, but after a great start, it kind of just petered out. Feel sad for Robin and the gang.

deb c April 17, 2014 at 10:18 pm

please keep this show , it is smart, ensemble of talented actors/actress’s and story lines that are clean and funny a breath of fresh air in tv shows

stephen April 15, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I agree with it being cancelled. Kind of a one actor show to me.

Gary April 15, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Oh please, give me a break. This is definitely NOT a one man show. The show smartly uses all of the characters. I suggest rewatching it to see that.

MJ Eagan April 11, 2014 at 1:13 am

There are very few shows currently on network television that make me laugh like “The Crazy Ones.” It’s smart, fun and has characters that are likeable. I can’t say that about much of the dreck aired on CBS. David E. Kelley deserves at least one more season. He is one of the finest writers on television. Hopefully CBS will do the right thing.

Gary April 11, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I have no faith that most of the American people know good TV when they see it. Apparently The Big Bang Theory passes the test, but a much better and funnier show like The Crazy Ones doesn’t. I also have no faith in CBS keeping this show on the air.

Kathy Coates April 11, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Please reconsider putting this show back on the air! Don’t cancel, there just isn’t enough good t.v. shows anymore!

Gary April 12, 2014 at 12:03 am

Folks, we can plead, cajole, beg and do all sorts of things to get The Crazy Ones back for a second season, but ultimately, CBS is not going to care what we say. I’ve personally e-mailed CBS 10 times to keep this show on the air, and not once have they e-mailed me back. The shows fate is in the hands of a bunch of suits, and sponsors. They’ll make the final decision, if they haven’t already done so. What I fear is that decision is already been made and it is to cancel the show.

kathy June 2, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Please, please let The Crazy Ones Show be on for another year. I so sick of today’s programming of offensive shows. This show was funny! I like the cast, it was a new type of show that was enjoyable to watch. Please don’t cancel it!

Kathy Coates April 3, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Please don’t cancel this show, I love it! I love the entire cast & Robin Williams is such a great actor! One show that needs to be cancelled is “Modern Family”! I can’t stand that show! Sorry just can’t stomach shows like that & “Two & A Half Men” had gotten more raunchy also! What has happened to today’s programming? I’m very disappointed! PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!

Gary April 3, 2014 at 11:48 pm

See the reunion of Robin Williams and Pam Dawber on The Crazy Ones next week. Pam and Robin are simply fantastic. Should be a great show.

Larry April 1, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Please cancel. Not funny or entertaining. Let’s try something different.

Kelli Maguire March 31, 2014 at 11:06 am

I don’t want this show to end. We love it so much.

Mark March 22, 2014 at 11:39 am

Come on this show is so cool. Give it chance

josey March 4, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Please renew The Crazy Ones. We love the cast. This show is funny, however, at the end of the episode there is a heartfelt message. Great Show!!!

angel March 3, 2014 at 6:34 pm

No please don’t end the show I think I’ll die or cry if you do!!!!

Julia February 20, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Please, pah-lease put this show out of its misery. I had hopes for it, but it has been just plain painful to watch. Contrived and just plain terribly acted. Sorry, Robin. Just doesn’t cut it.

littlemiss76 February 17, 2014 at 8:05 am

I just started to like this show. Its like a toned down Robin Williams totally different to what we are all use to.

Steve February 11, 2014 at 12:45 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW

CraftyNana March 2, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Sorry, but I agree about the cancellation. And to think it had so much potential. Between it and Michael J. Fox, I thought MJF deserved more of a chance.