The CW Announces Fall 2014 TV Show Premieres

CW TV showsThe CW has announced the start dates for their upcoming fall programming — The 100, Arrow, The Flash, Jane the Virgin, The Originals, Reign, Supernatural, and The Vampire Diaries. Once again, the new season won’t kick off until October.

Here are the details:

THE CW NETWORK ANNOUNCES FALL 2014 PREMIERE DATES

The Season Kicks Off with a Two-Night Concert, THE IHEARTRADIO MUSIC FESTIVAL, Monday, September 29 and Tuesday, September 30

Thursday Nights Bring Intrigue and Upheaval When The VAMPIRE DIARIES and REIGN Return On Thursday, October 2

The World’s First Vampire Family Moves to a New Night When THE ORIGINALS Returns on Monday, October 6, Followed by a SUPERNATURAL Retrospective Special

Don’t Blink When THE FLASH Launches Tuesday, October 7, Leading into the Tenth Season Premiere of SUPERNATURAL

The Season Premiere of ARROW Hits its Target Wednesday, October 8

The Heart and Humor of JANE THE VIRGIN Debuts Monday, October 13

Critically Acclaimed Adventure THE 100 Returns Wednesday, October 22

June 25, 2014 (Burbank, CA) — The CW Network will strategically roll-out its Fall 2014 launch this October with two highly anticipated new series, THE FLASH and JANE THE VIRGIN, joining returning favorites.

For the third year, The CW will kick off the new season with an exclusive telecast of the biggest concert of the year, the IHEARTRADIO MUSIC FESTIVAL, airing over two nights, Monday, September 29 (8:00-10:00pm ET) and Tuesday, September 30 (8:00-10:00pm ET).

Thursday, October 2, all-new seasons of bloody, sexy drama return with the season premiere of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (8:00-9:00pm ET) followed by Mary, Queen of Scots continuing her REIGN (9:00-10:00pm ET).

THE ORIGINALS returns to wreak havoc on a new night, Monday, October 6 (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by a special retrospective look back at the past nine seasons of SUPERNATURAL (9:00-10:00pm ET).

The most buzzed-about new series of the season, THE FLASH, starring Grant Gustin as the Fastest Man Alive, premieres Tuesday, October 7 (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by the return of the Winchester brothers in the tenth season premiere of SUPERNATURAL (9:00-10:00pm ET).

Oliver Queen fights to protect Starling City in the third season premiere of ARROW, Wednesday, October 8 (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by a special encore presentation of the series debut of THE FLASH (9:00-10:00pm ET).

The CW’s heartwarming new comedy JANE THE VIRGIN, starring Gina Rodriguez, premieres Monday, October 13 (9:00-10:00pm ET).

The critically-acclaimed adventure drama THE 100 returns Wednesday, October 22 (9:00-10:00pm ET).

Following is The CW’s fall premiere schedule:

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
8:00-10:00pm IHEARTRADIO FESTIVAL NIGHT ONE

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
8:00-10:00pm IHEARTRADIO FESTIVAL NIGHT TWO

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1
8:00-9:00pm ARROW (Encore, “The Scientist” with Barry Allen)
9:00-10:00pm ARROW (Encore, “Three Ghosts” with Barry Allen)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2
8:00-9:00pm THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm REIGN (Season Premiere)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 6
8:00-9:00pm THE ORIGINALS (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm SUPERNATURAL (Retrospective Special)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7
8:00-9:00pm THE FLASH (Series Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm SUPERNATURAL (Season Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 8
8:00-9:00pm ARROW (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm THE FLASH (Premiere Encore)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 13
8:00-9:00pm THE ORIGINALS
9:00-10:00pm JANE THE VIRGIN (Series Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15
8:00-9:00pm ARROW
9:00-10:00pm THE FLASH (Episode Two Encore)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17
8:00-9:00pm JANE THE VIRGIN (Premiere Encore)
9:00-10:00pm AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL CYCLE 21*

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 22
8:00-9:00pm ARROW
9:00-10:00pm THE 100 (Season Premiere)

*AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL CYCLE 21 premieres Friday August 22 (9:00-10:00pm ET) and WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? episodes will continue from summer, sliding to Fridays (8:00-8:30 and 8:30-9:00pm ET) on October 3.

All Times ET

What do you think? Which CW shows will you be watching this fall?

BARRY July 30, 2014 at 3:20 pm

SINCE YOU MADE THE BLUNDER OF CANCELLING THE, STAR CROSSED, AT LEAST KEEP THE “IOO ” GOING. BOTH WERE THE BEST SHOWS THIS SPRING.

Marlo July 23, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I’m very disappointed that my favorite show “The Tomorrow People” was not renewed. Beauty and the Beast is drawn out in it’s 3rd Season, (what were they thinking) while Tomorrow People has barely had enough time to make itself known. So many long boring story lines with little imagination. We watched Tomorrow People as a family and it appealed to many audiences. I hope CW reconsiders being quick to jump the gun next time a show is developing. There is already too much trash reality tv, gore and demonic television. It’s getting increasingly difficult to find family entertainment that also sparks the imagination. I am so sad that my favorite show “The Tomorrow People” is gone. Maybe Syfy will pick it up.

Cat July 10, 2014 at 2:33 am

Very upset The CW cancelled good shows and put stupid ones on I liked star crossed, tomorrow people. The 100 VD and originals, arrow will watch flash. I hoped they would have picked up the selection I read the books and loved them. I hate reality shows, all the ANTM, The voice, DWTS that’s not entertainment for me.

erin June 26, 2014 at 11:10 am

admin
I am really upset and disappointed that no one is taking their time on watching the cw network shows
Look at what this person is saying

George Puckhaber
I’ll be watching The Arrow, The 100 and probably Flash. Never did like the vampire stuff pf supernatural nonsense.

TVD are the best The Originals are the best and if people wont watch them then all of the cast and crew will be disappointed and that is what Ian Somerhalder had said

Supernatural is the best show in the entire world when I first found out that the producers want to continue the series for at least 19 seasons I will be happy there is also a but the cast and crew must follow the cw network contract and if Mark says yes or a no to the renewal for Supernatural it’s all mark decisions for all of the renewals and cancellation for the cw network

Grandizer June 26, 2014 at 10:46 am

I can not believe that the Tomorrow people was cancelled and The 100 kept. It is way worse then the Tomorrow people. I firmly believe it was canceled because it must have cost more, or they have to pay for it. The 100 is awful, Star Crossed was bad as well. Dont get me wrong, Tomorrow People had problems galore, but nowhere as bad as the 100.
Vamp Diaries and the Originals I will continue to watch, Only watched 3-4 episodes of Arrow, I thought it was too close to the Smallville Arrow in time for me to watch it, so I never did. But I have started now. I have to catch up on it so I will be ready for the Flash. Do not think I am too fond of the previews with so many people knowing from the beginning who he is and what he can do.
Never watched Supernatural, and not sure I will watch Jane the Virgin.
Definitely done with ANTM, I hated the show when she dumped the good people she had and replaced them with A$$es, and was never interested in the male side of the modeling.
Can’t wait for more of Whose line is it anyway, need to make it an hour long show though. Far better then many shows out there. More original as well.

Tonee June 26, 2014 at 7:50 am

Can’t believe they cancelled shows like Star-Crossed & The Tomorrow People & put stupid crap like Jane the Virgin on! A person can’t be accidentally inseminated! You have to go to a fertility doctor for that!

Tran June 25, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Passed on Jane the Virgin (100% horrible) but I can’t wait for The Flash on October 7th and it’s the CW thinking about a “final season” of Supernatural?

George Puckhaber June 25, 2014 at 8:00 pm