The Dead Zone: USA Series Cancelled, No Season Seven

The Dead Zone canceledOn the previous episode of The Dead Zone, Johnny (Anthony Michael Hall) and his son JJ (Connor Price) were having new visions of Armageddon. Apparently the end was closer than they knew.

After six seasons, USA Networks has chosen to cancel the science-fiction series. Coincidentally, Dead Zone’s last episode aired on the same night as The 4400’s which has also been cancelled. It was suspected that time was running out on both series as they’ve both been on the air for several seasons and have grown more expensive. USA reportedly searched for ways to cut costs so the shows could be renewed but they ultimately decided to pull the plug.

Of the two cancellations, USA exec Jeff Wachtel said, “We wish we could keep all our great shows alive forever. But we feel we need to give some of our new shows a platform to grow, and it’s with great sadness that we say goodbye to two shows that had a great run and helped create the resurgence of original programming on our network and on all of cable.”

There’s been no word of any plans to bring the series’ unresolved storylines to a close. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

140 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Just watched every episode back to back to back.Please reconsider a seventh season,It’s like NCIS combined with Person of Interest,I love it,All the way from Australia.,so much left unanswered.I’m now literally left in my own coma,and feeling a Dead Zone inside me.

2. Jacqueline says

I’m on season 6 right now and was searching for more when I came across this. No more after season 6 DANG it. I’m not even a t.v. watcher…but really liked this series. Sorry there is no-mo :(

3. Beachwalker says

If the networks really wanted to know what people watched the most they would do a survey across the United States and poll every one instead of just the people that have a little black box hooked in to their tv . Which does not in fact represent the people as a whole

4. Clarice McCartney says

This sucks I remembered watching this back when it started on tv… I finished watching it on hulu and I a very disappointed in how they left us Fans hanging with jj and his father having the same vision… this show was wonderful, it added a since of mystery and suspense not to mention I did shed a tear from a few episodes, the series was heartwarming, and the directors who decided to end it should be ashamed of themselves glee honestly sucks big time as did friends and don’t you think wwe has enough money already did that really mean more to viewers than Johnny Smith the cleaves mills psychic now I like WWE raw and smack down but not tough enough, I think there is enough violence shown on tv without adding one more take off tough enough and put Johnny back on usa has a lot of catching up to do with Johnny, JJ, Sarah, Hope and Bruce I vote bring back dead zone, lol, as if my opinion actually matters.

5. Corey says

watched on netflix. USA are morons. i bet if they listened to their real viewers and not paid off movie critics this series would have continued and would have been awesome. instead we have shows like ‘The Starter Wife'(Snoresville) ‘WWE Tough Enough'(bored yet?) ‘Glee'(ive seen this somewhere before but i cant quite place it…oh right! ‘FRIENDS’ ‘cept they are in high school.) any one of these shows could have been taken out to make room for ‘The Dead Zone’.

6. SadAndBlue says

This hurts after countles nights of watching NetFlix there is no finale for this great series somebody got it wrong at least a tv movie should be done so we know how it all concludes.

• demand an ending says

i agree they should definetly do a tv movie to conclude it, i just finished watchin all 6 seasons on netflix also and i want an ending!!!!!!!!

7. Rachel whiteside says

I have just bought my hubby all 6 seasons on DVD and every night for the last month has been dead zone night…then I read there is no more!!!! How can such a gripping series finish with so many loose ends. We are gutted:-(

8. Enric says

What did you expect from the morons of the TV industry? they ONLY care about money not audiences or principles or valors……there are no differences with the scumbags of wall street or banks with these people

9. Roveriks says

Ma dai almeno farci vedere la settima stagione… voglio vedere di nuovo JJ con con le visioni.|! poi sarah dovrebbe tornare insieme a johnny, come gli aveva detto Walt a Johnny.! E poi tutti insieme magari anche con Bruce dovevano andare a smascherare Greg Stilson.!

10. Anonymous says

How can you go and do that? A lot of people have watched the dead zone, then to find out once you have watched all of them your not going to find out what happens with JJ and his visions there is still to much that needs to be seen. Should warn everybody not to start watching them at all they are just going to get disappointed on where it leaves off and leaves you asking a bunch of questions. They should really bring it back but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

11. Janie says

Well, I just finished the last episode of season 6 on Netflix…….I can’t beleive it’s over….I need my Dead Zone fix!

12. MolsonCanadian says

I agree with everyone please bring back Dead Zone. I just watch all series on Netflix i need season 7.